“Not impressed” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Baltimore Harbor Hotel

You added Baltimore Harbor Hotel to your Saves list
Baltimore Harbor Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   101 West Fayette Street, Baltimore, MD 21201 (Formerly Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel) (Downtown)   |
Ranked #37 of 61 Hotels in Baltimore
GreenLeadersBronze level
London, United Kingdom
“Not impressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

My husband and I stayed here during a visit to Baltimore and it wasn't a very pleasant experience. The reception was very good but the room looked like it wasn't well maintained. We found a wet and dirty towel between clean towels and when we complained about it, we were offered free breakfast which was a laudable response but the breakfast itself was barely edible- cold, shriveled sausages, bland scrambled eggs and cold hot chocolate. At check-out, we were charged twice for a one-day internet usage. Discussing with a friend who had stayed there previously made me realise it wasn't a one-time bad experience because she also experienced such. Not recommended.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Maryann W, General Manager at Baltimore Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your recent stay at the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel. Please accept our apologies for some of the issues you had during your recent visit. Our goal is to provide our guests with a memorable and enjoyable experience from start to finish and we are truly sorry that we did not carry out this promise.

I will be working with both Housekeeping and the Restaurant on the issues you had while staying with us. There is absolutely no excuse for having a dirty towel in a guestroom and cold food served. If you could kindly contact me at the hotel and give me details on your room, it would allow us to discipline and correct these issues for the associates responsible.

Once again, please accept our apologies, and please call me personally if you would like to come back to the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel for a future stay. Have a Very Happy, Healthy and Safe New Year.

Maryann White

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Indonesian first
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

My family and I recently stayed at the SBCC. We decided to take a quick weekend getaway after the Thanksgiving Holiday. We found a great rate on Hotwire and having stayed at this Hotel in the past, we were happy to be returning to the SBCC. Upon check in, we were given a high floor room with a city view, and the front desk agent provided both of our Children with a "Kids Care Pack", which the kids loved. Room was typical, 2 queen beds, and a bathroom, nothing fancy, but typical hotel room. This hotel is short walk to Inner Harbor, which was ideal with small children. We did not use the Hotel Parking, since there is a public parking garage directly across the street from this hotel, and it was cheaper than the valet parking the hotel offers. Overall, we were satisfied with our 1 night stay. It was several days later, that I realized we scammed by someone at the Hotel!

We used the convienience of the video check out. SInce we had booked through Hotwire, our room was paid in full, so of course the "Folio" showed $0.00. We checked out, dropped our keys in the drop box and were on our way, another problem free trip.....or so we thought. Several days after our stay, I was reviewing my credit card statement and noticed a charge of $60.00 to my credit card by Sheraton Hotels. I found this odd as we had paid for our room through Hotwire, which collects all fees upfront, and we did not use any hotel services or parking. So how can I have a charge to my account? I contacted my credit card company to confirm the charges. They confirmed that the charges were accurate and that the charge was manually keyed by the local hotel. Assuming it was an error by the hotel, I contacted the hotel directly. After being transferred to 3 different voicemail boxes, all for accounting, I became frustrated. I submitted an online inquiry to Starwood Hotels. The response I recevied was that customer care had contacted the local hotel manager and he advised that the charges were NOT from Sheraton Hotels, and that I had to deal with Hotwire or my Credit Card company about the charges...Really! Someone at your hotel fraudulently added unauthorized charges to my credit card and you pass the blame on to another company. I contacted Hotwire and my credit card company to again confirm all charges, and again they advised that the charges were from Sheraton Hotels. After 7 emails, 3 phone calls, and an email to their corporate customer relations, I was advised by a customer service agent that they would be sending me a check for the amount that was incorreclty charged to my credit card. 3 weeks later, I still have not been credited the amount or recevied payment for the funds that were fraudulently charged to my credit card, I have received no response from the local Hotel Management (Phone or Email) in regard to my complaint to acknowledge it, and I have received no explaination or apology for the situation. I guess the hotel manager has chosen to hide behind the customer service representative and not take accountability for the fraud that has occured by one of his staff members. Hopefully whoever recevied the funds that were fraudulently charged, enjoys the extra money for the Holidays! Needless to say, we will never stay at a Starwood Property again and my faith as a frequent customer of Starwood Hotels has been completely destroyed due to the lack of ownership and accountability by Management.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
juan w, Director of Room Operations at Baltimore Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear Valued Guest:

I apologize that we failed to follow through with a memorable service experience that started off so well. Our responsiveness and failure to reply is embarrassing and not the way we typically treat our guests. Your loyalty to the Starwood brand is very important to us and we take your feedback serious. I would like to speak with you personally regarding your concerns so that I may ensure that your account has been properly credited. I would also use this time to discuss ways to recover from your experience. We believe in providing our guest with a quality experience from beginning to end. This includes proper billing set up and charging. I can assure you that we had no intent on manipulating your account or causing negative impact. We have taken corrective action to prevent instances like this from reoccurring. At your convenience, please contact the hotel and ask to speak with the Director of Rooms regarding a previous experience and billing concerns. I have a detailed account of what I think is your folio, but I would like to confirm your visit. Thank you for your time and attention in this regard and I look forward to restoring your faith back into our brand and specifically at the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel.

King Regards & Happy Holidays,

Director of Room Operations
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I have been a guest in the Sheraton Baltimore City Center for the past 20 months, the staff is always friendly and willing to accommodate my requests. Santia has always an smile and positive attitude when checking-in. The amenities in the hotel are adequate and the service in the Lounge is excellent. The management listens to our feedback and make changes when necessary which is very important and makes us feel at home when away.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
juan w, Director of Room Operations at Baltimore Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Valued Guest-

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your most recent visit and your ongoing visits to our property over the past 20 months. We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel. I can assure you that our staff is always eager to provide you with the best service and each stay we make sure you are a priority. I am not surprised that Santia has made an excellent impression on you as she continues to be a shining star for the hotel. In addition, I am pleased to hear your satisfaction with the club lounge. I will be glad to share your feedback with all of the team including Santia and the Club Lounge staff. If there is ever anything that we may be able to assist you with, please don’t hesitate to let us know. We value you and all the relationships you have developed since your first arrival. Happy Holidays and we wish you the best in 2013.
Kind Regards,

Director of Operations
Sheraton Baltimore City Center
Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

This Sheraton is in dire need of a renovation. It's quite worn and the rooms are small. However, it's quite clean, very quiet, comfortable, with a good staff. So for the low price it's a great value. It's minutes from Inner Harbor and Camden Yards so for that reason too, I'd return. On the flip side, the restaurant DID make me feel like a king. Food was fantastic and the wait staff was over the top. It's a former "Shula's Steak House." So if you want to save $50 to $100 vs. other area name-brand hotels, give the Sheraton a try.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for listing your feedback regarding your most recent visit to the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel. We appreciate the details as they provide us an opportunity to improve our hotel. We are in the process of finalizing property upgrade details and enhancements to improve the overall satisfaction of our guests. We encourage you to visit us again and we hope to have more details to share upon your return. In addition, I would like to personally assist you with your room reservations to ensure you are provided with our best accommodations. I specifically enjoyed the fact that our restaurant staff was able to make you feel like a King. I am firm believer that service is the key ingredient in any successful business unit and your feedback supports our mission and vision to provide clean rooms and great service to each and every guest. With a renovation and upgrades to our property, we will continue to strive to exceed our guest’s expectations. Thank you again for sharing and you may contact me directly when you are ready to return.

Kind Regards,

Director of Operations
Sheraton Baltimore City Center
Philadelphia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

While my room was adequate, the hotel public spaces were quite dreary and worn. At least two of the computers on the main floor to which I was directed to print out my boarding pass were not connected to the printer next to them. If there were athletic facilities, I never found them. There were no materials in the room on hotel services and amenities. The location is not so hot either, away from restaurants.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Director-Of-Service, Manager at Baltimore Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear Valued Guest.

Thank you for taking the time to write and share feedback from your most recent stay at the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel. Our guest feedback is important to us as often times it may pinpoint an area of needed focus and attention.

In the spring of 2013, the lobby will be renovated along with other areas of the hotel. We are looking forward to offering a new improved Sheraton lobby and guest rooms to our guests. I want to apologize for the printer not working at Sheraton Link during your stay, I was surprised that you did not see our compendium in our room, if you have seen the room service menu then the back of the menu is our compendium and list downs all the amenities what Sheraton has to offer, We do have an excellent Sheraton Fitness Center by Core Performance in Cabana level and my sincere apology that you missed it and no one from our staff informed you.

Our entire staff at the Sheraton hopes to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future when you are back in Baltimore.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Great place to stay. You are always welcomed with a smiley and sugar cookies. Make sure you stay on the club floor. You will not be disappoint ed. I enjoy the company and friendly convention from the staff.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review of the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel. I will be sharing your comments with Ms. Wilson and I am glad that you had a wonderful time during your recent stay and Ms. Wilson made the difference to your and your family.

It is always our goal is to provide our guests with a memorable and enjoyable experience from start to finish and we are very happy that we were able to carry out this promise.

Our entire staff at the Sheraton is looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please contact us if there is anything that you ever need.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

My club lounge host Larhonda was excellent treated me and my family so well. She provided us with great locations to visit and activities for the kids. During our daily snack club lounge visits; she even prepared a snack bag for my son. This type of customer service is rare.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review of the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel. I will be sharing your comments with Ms. Wilson, as this is the second great comment from our guest today about her, I am glad that you had a wonderful time during your recent stay and Ms. Wilson made the difference to you and your family.

Our entire staff at the Sheraton and especially Ms. Wilson is looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please contact us if there is anything that you ever need.

Warmest Regards,

Been to Baltimore Harbor Hotel? Share your experiences!