“Average, But I'd Stay Here Again (Read Details)” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Baltimore Harbor Hotel

Save Saved
You added Baltimore Harbor Hotel to your Saves list
Baltimore Harbor Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   101 West Fayette Street, Baltimore, MD 21201 (Formerly Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel) (Downtown)   |
Offers & Announcements
Family Getaway Package
Ranked #41 of 69 hotels in Baltimore
GreenLeadersBronze level
Fairfax, Virginia
“Average, But I'd Stay Here Again (Read Details)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

This Sheraton is in dire need of a renovation. It's quite worn and the rooms are small. However, it's quite clean, very quiet, comfortable, with a good staff. So for the low price it's a great value. It's minutes from Inner Harbor and Camden Yards so for that reason too, I'd return. On the flip side, the restaurant DID make me feel like a king. Food was fantastic and the wait staff was over the top. It's a former "Shula's Steak House." So if you want to save $50 to $100 vs. other area name-brand hotels, give the Sheraton a try.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
juan w, Director of Room Operations at Baltimore Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for listing your feedback regarding your most recent visit to the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel. We appreciate the details as they provide us an opportunity to improve our hotel. We are in the process of finalizing property upgrade details and enhancements to improve the overall satisfaction of our guests. We encourage you to visit us again and we hope to have more details to share upon your return. In addition, I would like to personally assist you with your room reservations to ensure you are provided with our best accommodations. I specifically enjoyed the fact that our restaurant staff was able to make you feel like a King. I am firm believer that service is the key ingredient in any successful business unit and your feedback supports our mission and vision to provide clean rooms and great service to each and every guest. With a renovation and upgrades to our property, we will continue to strive to exceed our guest’s expectations. Thank you again for sharing and you may contact me directly when you are ready to return.

Kind Regards,

Juan A. Webster
Director of Operations
Sheraton Baltimore City Center

713 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Indonesian first
Philadelphia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

While my room was adequate, the hotel public spaces were quite dreary and worn. At least two of the computers on the main floor to which I was directed to print out my boarding pass were not connected to the printer next to them. If there were athletic facilities, I never found them. There were no materials in the room on hotel services and amenities. The location is not so hot either, away from restaurants.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Director-Of-Service, Manager at Baltimore Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear Valued Guest.

Thank you for taking the time to write and share feedback from your most recent stay at the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel. Our guest feedback is important to us as often times it may pinpoint an area of needed focus and attention.

In the spring of 2013, the lobby will be renovated along with other areas of the hotel. We are looking forward to offering a new improved Sheraton lobby and guest rooms to our guests. I want to apologize for the printer not working at Sheraton Link during your stay, I was surprised that you did not see our compendium in our room, if you have seen the room service menu then the back of the menu is our compendium and list downs all the amenities what Sheraton has to offer, We do have an excellent Sheraton Fitness Center by Core Performance in Cabana level and my sincere apology that you missed it and no one from our staff informed you.

Our entire staff at the Sheraton hopes to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future when you are back in Baltimore.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

Great place to stay. You are always welcomed with a smiley and sugar cookies. Make sure you stay on the club floor. You will not be disappoint ed. I enjoy the company and friendly convention from the staff.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review of the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel. I will be sharing your comments with Ms. Wilson and I am glad that you had a wonderful time during your recent stay and Ms. Wilson made the difference to your and your family.

It is always our goal is to provide our guests with a memorable and enjoyable experience from start to finish and we are very happy that we were able to carry out this promise.

Our entire staff at the Sheraton is looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please contact us if there is anything that you ever need.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

My club lounge host Larhonda was excellent treated me and my family so well. She provided us with great locations to visit and activities for the kids. During our daily snack club lounge visits; she even prepared a snack bag for my son. This type of customer service is rare.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review of the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel. I will be sharing your comments with Ms. Wilson, as this is the second great comment from our guest today about her, I am glad that you had a wonderful time during your recent stay and Ms. Wilson made the difference to you and your family.

Our entire staff at the Sheraton and especially Ms. Wilson is looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please contact us if there is anything that you ever need.

New York, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I was here for a conference in November. The hotel itself is a nice property...clean, nice rooms, very comfortable bed. But there were mutiple semi-minor issues that added up to not a great experience. First, the walls are THIN. So thin that the person in the next room woke me up at 5 am coughing and was so loud that the guest on the other side of me started banging on the wall. Also, I could hear snoring coming from rooms while I was waitng for the elevator. The customer service is not that great (i.e. promising to call me back but never following-up on several occasions and overall unfriendless). The water is cold in the morning when trying to shower - maybe there were too many people showering at the same time? Also, the hotel is really in the middle of nowhere and its a bit dangerous to walk. I live in NYC so consider myself pretty street smart but the area around the hotel was fairly rough.

Dear Valued Guest:

I’m writing you on behalf of the entire staff at the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel. Thank you for making our hotel your choice of stay. We realize that there were many options in the Baltimore area. We appreciate you also taking the time to write and share feedback from your most recent stay. Our guest feedback is important to us as often times it may pinpoint an area of needed focus and attention.

Please accept our apologies for the customer service, condition location concerns that you listed. Our staff’s responsiveness to your needs is a priority and we take this seriously and not having hot water is completely unacceptable. In addition, we are much better than the experience you had especially to encounter any “unfriendly” associates. I wish I would have known about this right away so that it could have been addressed prior to your departure. This is certainly not the Sheraton experience we aim to provide our guests and I am truly sorry this happened to you. I have notified our management team so that we may look further into these issues. Our goal is to provide our guests with a memorable and enjoyable experience from start to finish and we are truly sorry that we did not carry out this promise.

I would love an opportunity to speak with you personally regarding this matter and discuss opportunities to recover from this experience. I know that our conversation may not change your recent experience; however, I do hope it will help redeem your faith in the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel. Your Business is important to us and the conference you attended is a priority event for us to have return to Baltimore. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention. Please contact me if you need additional assistance and I’d be happy to help.

King and Sincere Regards,

Juan A Webster
Director of Operations
Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel
Princeton, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Hotel is withing walking distance to harbor, stadiums, etc. Valet parked the car and didn't use it for 3 days! Room was clean - rm 1013 - a bit on the small size, bathroom very small - but nonetheless clean. I read some reviews the area is "BAD", please keep in mind this is a large city - as with all large cities - there are good areas and better areas and just some areas you don't walk through at night. I was with my 24 yr old son and we walked everywhere, both day and night. Price was wonderful as I grabbed through hotwire - paid what you would pay for Red Roof or hotel in that category. Bellman, front desk, lounge all helpful and never made you wait. Yes, the hallways and rooms could use some updating - not terrible but a bit dated. I also read check in at 4:00 and they wouldn't budge, we checked in a little earlier with no problem and our checkout was noon, which was a pleasure! Bed was comfy, down pillows, comforter and down blanket.

Room Tip: Don't pay full price - select through one of the hotel discount sites.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Maryann W, General Manager at Baltimore Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear ExMazz,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel. I will be sharing your comments with the staff and I am glad that you and your son had a wonderful time during your recent stay. It was nice to hear how clean you found your guestroom and also how much you enjoyed the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Beds.

Our goal is to provide our guests with a memorable and enjoyable experience from start to finish and we are very happy that we were able to carry out this promise. Our entire staff at the Sheraton is looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please call us if you ever need anything. By the way, thanks for the heads up on the 4:00 p.m. check in time as we found the Expedia Website to be incorrect. We have submitted the paperwork so that they can change it to 3:00 p.m.

Wishing you and your Family a Very Happy and Healthy Thanksgiving Holiday.

Maryann White
Carrboro, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This hotel is in a pretty bad location in Baltimore...have to walk a bit for restaurants, bars, or anything really. On top of that, they have an absurd check-in policy ... 4pm and when I arrived they were absolutely unwilling to budge on that at all. Check-out was at 11am, so be aware that a daily rate is really about 19 hours worth of use of a room. I have no idea why it takes them 5 hours to prepare a room. Some places on their website suggest that wi-fi is free but it's actually $10 a day once you get there (come on).

Dear Michael,

Please accept our apologies for the issues that you had with check in and check out times. Our standard is 3:00 p.m. check in and Noon check out. If you would kindly call me with details of what website you booked through, I can investigate to see where this information needs to be corrected. Our sheraton webpage is correct and our front office team is always happy to check a guest in at any hour as long as we have vacant and clean rooms provided the hotel wasnt sold out the night before. If this wasnt the case with you, I would like to know so that I can take corrective actions with that staff member.

My only surprised was to hear you say that there weren't any restaurants/bars located near the hotel. We are two blocks from the Convention Center and 4 blocks from Inner Harbor. Right down Charles Street ( one block) is an abundance of Pubs/Restaurants if you walk in the opposite direction of the Waterfront. I walk myself very often to many of these places.

I would love to speak to you personally, so please feel free to call me anytime directly at the hotel.

Wishing you and your family a Very Happy and Healthy Thanksgiving,

Maryann White

Been to Baltimore Harbor Hotel? Share your experiences!