“The best birthday ever!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Baltimore Harbor Hotel

Save Saved
You added Baltimore Harbor Hotel to your Saves list
Baltimore Harbor Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   101 West Fayette Street, Baltimore, MD 21201 (Formerly Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel) (Downtown)   |
Ranked #38 of 68 hotels in Baltimore
GreenLeadersBronze level
Hanover, Pennsylvania, United States
“The best birthday ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I went to Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel last week for my birthday. I informed the front desk that it was my birthday and they upgraded my room to a gorgeous corner room with all the trimmings. Santia at the front desk even left us a bottle of champagne and a personal birthday card. The staff was amazing and helpful in every way, the went above and beyond and we are so grateful. I will definitly be going back to see Santia, Carlos and Laverne! Thank you all!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Maryann W, General Manager at Baltimore Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Kim,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel. I was estatic to hear how special Santia made your Birthday by giving you an upgraded room and sending champagne to make your Birthday extra special. It was also nice to hear that you enjoyed the service provided by Carlos at the Front Desk and from Laverne in the Restaurant. Rest assured that I will be sharing your comments with the entire staff. Our goal is to provide our guests with a memorable and enjoyable experience from start to finish and we are very happy that we were able to carry out this promise.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton in the near future. Please feel free to contact us if you ever need anything.

734 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Indonesian first
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

In baltimore for a conference , but would never stay here again. From a 20 min hassle at check in, to a sadly tired room to being out into a black car that didn't know where it was going, I would advise any other choice

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Ellen,

Thank you for taking the time to write and share feedback from your most recent stay at the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel. Our guest feedback is important to us as often times it may pinpoint an area of needed focus and attention.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the issues that you had while checking in but even more disturbing was the transportation issue you endured when leaving the hotel. There is no excuse for what happened to you as a result of using American Freedom Car Service and the driver being lost. This is certainly not the Sheraton experience we aim to provide our guests and I am truly sorry this happened to you.

Please contact me directly at the hotel as I would llike to apologize to you personally and see that your transportation charge is refunded.

Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Spent the night here for a wedding held at the hotel.

Hotel was really clean. The rooms were small, but really nice. The pillows were some of the best I have ever slept on in a hotel.

The hotel staff was great. The staff working the wedding were really great, super friendly and always smiling and just happy all the time. Like they were happy to be there.

The valet staff was friendly but be prepared to wait.

My only complaint, is that if you want bottled water or soda, bring your own. As far as we could tell, the only place in the hotel to get them, was the lobby store which is not open 24 hours and if memory serves me right, closed around maybe 8.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Maryann W, General Manager at Baltimore Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review of the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel. I will be sharing your comments with the staff and I am glad that you had a wonderful time during your recent stay. We were so happy to hear how much you enjoyed the beds and the pillows. I agree that the pillows here are spectacular.

It is always our goal is to provide our guests with a memorable and enjoyable experience from start to finish and we are very happy that we were able to carry out this promise.

Our entire staff at the Sheraton is looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please contact us if there is anything that you ever need.

Summit, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This property was well located in downtown and is close to the major Baltimore attractions. However, be judicious while wandering on foot in the evening, although I've lived in and been to lots of big cities, Downtown Baltimore had a larger than average number of derelicts and strung-out characters. If you want to save a bit on parking, there are a number of 24hr. garages within a block or two of the hotel that charge <$15 per day.

I've been to a number of Sheratons the last few years and the brand is in the process of renovating most of its properties. At this property the staff was friendly and the lobby nicely appointed, but the south tower room we were given (even as an SPG Gold member) was small, and in need of updating.

There wasn't anything glaringly in need of repair, the room was clean, no stains etc. It just appeared that the last update to the bathroom was decades ago, the room was well worn, and the two double beds filled the room to the point where there was hardly any room to walk around. I realize that changing infrastructure and room layouts is much tougher than re-tiling or getting new carpet, so this probably can't be fully addressed.

I'd stay here again, but I think you could probably find more updated accommodations in this area for about the same price range.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel. I will be sharing your comments with the staff and I am glad that you enjoyed yourself during your recent stay. Our hotel offers a variety of larger rooms such as our corner deluxe that offers spectacular views of the city. These rooms are all corners, offer 310 SF of space, have windows on all sides and also offer a microwave/refrigerator in them.

Our entire staff at the Sheraton hopes to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Not a fan of Sheraton and this hotel reinforced my beliefs. This hotel has over 1,000 rooms and only ever has one person working behind the desk, even during check in and out times. Ask for the North Tower if you must stay here; the South Tower rooms suffered water damage during Hurricane Sandy. They automatically add valet parking to your bill whether or not you have a car, necessitating waiting in the line at the front desk for a correction.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write and share feedback from your most recent stay. Our guest feedback is important to us as often times it may pinpoint an area of needed focus and attention.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the issues you experienced at check in and also with the mistaken valet charge being posted to your room. There is no excuse for only one person being at the front desk during your check in. The front office manager is normally very diligent to ensure proper staffing at all times. This is certainly not the Sheraton experience we aim to provide our guests and I am truly sorry this happened to you. Our goal is to provide our guests with a memorable and enjoyable experience from start to finish and we are truly sorry that we did not carry out this promise.

Please contact me directly in my office if you plan to visit Baltimore in the near future as the hotel would like to have the opportunity to make up for this poor stay. I know that this gesture of goodwill does not change your recent experience; however, I do hope it will help redeem your faith in the Sheraton City Center Baltimore.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Warm Regards,

Alamo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I read some reviews that were not so great. So I was prepared to find a shabby hotel with bad service. The hotel was was what one would expect in a Sheradon. Very nice. the staff did a great job. We had a very large room in the south tower. The wait staff at the restruant were the best. The went out of there way to be helpfull and make us feel welcome in Baltimore

Room Tip: Ther is some niose from Mariners Center
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Bill,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel. The entire team was happy to hear that you found the hotel to be better than expected and that you enjoyed your spacious room. We were thrilled to hear that you thought the service provided by the Restaurant Staff to be exceptional. I will be sharing your comments with them.

Our entire staff at the Sheraton is looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please call us if there is anything that you need.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

The Sheraton Baltimore City Center is my hotel of choice whenever I'm in Baltimore. The hotel is always a great value over other local hotel chains, the rooms are nice and spacious for a city hotel, but the icing on the cake is the EXCELLENT service. From check-in through check-out and everything in the middle, the staff here is second to none. Santia at the front desk is a a wonderfully friendly, helpful and sweet associate to greet you, make sure you have a good room and make recommendations for places to go in the local area. Upon check-in, as an SPG Platinum Member, Santia made sure I had a good room on a high floor. The room was comfortable and clean, not too noisy and a great place to be when away from home. I'll always return to the Sheraton Baltimore City Center whenever travels bring me to Baltimore.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Maryann W, General Manager at Baltimore Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Dear Josh,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such an excellent review of the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel. I will be sharing your comments with Santia, and I am so glad that you recognized the great service that Santia provides our guests during check in or check out. Our goal is to provide our guests with a memorable and enjoyable experience from start to finish and we are very happy to hear that Santia provided this for you.

Our entire staff at the Sheraton is looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future and please feel free to contact us anytime.

Maryann White

Been to Baltimore Harbor Hotel? Share your experiences!