“Excellent Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Baltimore Harbor Hotel

You added Baltimore Harbor Hotel to your Saves list
Baltimore Harbor Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   101 West Fayette Street, Baltimore, MD 21201 (Formerly Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel) (Downtown)   |
Ranked #34 of 59 Hotels in Baltimore
GreenLeadersBronze level
Baltimore, Maryland
“Excellent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I had my wedding at the Sheraton Baltimore City Center hotel and it was the best decision I ever made. As a busy physician, time management is important to me. The sales manager, Vaneska, was so helpful in helping me plan my special day that I did not even need a wedding planner!Vaneska went out of her way to make sure my table settings, flowers, and decorations were in order. The food & drinks were also great. In addition, the proximity and easy acessabilty of the hotel to the Amtrak Penn station as well as the BWI airport made travelling easy for my out-of town guest. Finally, it was a plus that the hotel was slightly removed from the hustle & bustle of the busy inner harbor...yet just a walking distance away if a guest felt like taking it in. I highly recommend this hotel for your stay or your event ;o) - Abi

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Maryann W, General Manager at Baltimore Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review of the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel. We were so thrilled to hear how happy you were will all the aspects of your wedding and the services provided by Vaneska. I will make sure to share your kind comments with the entire staff.
Weddings are very special and and our ultimate goal is to provide our bride and groom with a memorable and enjoyable experience from start to finish and to ensure that their special day is problem and stress free.

Our entire staff at the Sheraton is looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Congratulations again and please let us know if you need anything in the near future.

Maryann White

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Indonesian first
washington, dc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Two years ago, we stayed at the Sheraton Baltimore and had a less-than-great experience. The room was adequate, but we were placed on the same floor as a bachelor party and, needless to say, got little rest and had to navigate through trash/beer can strewn hall to get to the elevator. I complained to the then-manager, who offered me a night free. I never took him up on it until, in recent months, I came across his email and reached out again. I received a response from the present manager, Maryann White, who not only agreed to offer me a night but offered to upgrade us if we booked an additional night. I took her up on it and we spent a WONDERFUL weekend in Baltimore from 9/28-9/30. We loved our suite, the room and service was impeccable, and we discovered Little Italy, where we spent the large part of the weekend. Maryann kept her word and manages a wonderful hotel. Everyone was friendly and attentive. No hiccups, other than someone who was inadvertently trying to open our door with their key. When we advised the front desk, they sent security to investigate and offered us a free breakfast for the inconvenience. Lovely weekend that will be repeated. Thanks Maryann!

Room Tip: We had a corner suite with all wall full of windows. No safe in the room but you are provided your...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear RVC,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel and giving the hotel and staff a 2nd chance. I am glad that you and your husband had a wonderful weekend stay. Our goal is to provide our guests with a memorable and enjoyable experience from start to finish and we are very happy that we were able to carry out this promise to you both the 2nd time around.

Our entire staff at the Sheraton is looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future and please feel free to contact me should you need anything.

USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

My wife and daughter stayed at the inner harbor Sheraton for the weekend. We drove into the city after a long drive. Checked in and hoped to take a quick shower before going to the bar for a drink, but we immediately realized that the shower function in the tub wasn't working. We called down and within 15 min a maintenance worker was there but it took another hour to get it fixed delaying our evening out. This wouldn't bother me typically but at no point did any one apologize or offer an alternative. That aside the hotel is nice. We opted for the club floor which has a nice lounge for breakfast and view.

Stayed October 2012
Maryann W, General Manager at Baltimore Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write and share feedback from your most recent stay at the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel. Our guest feedback is important to us as often times it may pinpoint an area of needed focus and attention.

Please accept our apologies for the issues that you had with Shower during your time spent with us and that it took over an hour for it to be fixed. This is certainly not the Sheraton experience we aim to provide our guests and I am truly sorry this happened to you. Our goal is to provide our guests with a memorable and enjoyable experience from start to finish and we are truly sorry that we did not carry out this promise.

Please contact me if you plan to visit the Baltimore area again as we would like the opportunity to show you the fine service and accommodations we are capable of providing.

Warm Regards,

Salisbury, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

The hotel staff are extremely friendly and attentive, we were upgraded to a corner room, which was a nice size and had a decent view of the city. The carpet was a little stained and I felt the corridors were dark but all in all a great value, good downtown location and great staff!
Would stay again!

• Stayed October 2012
Maryann W, General Manager at Baltimore Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear Jessica,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review of the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel and to recognize that our staff are extremely friendly and attentive. I will make sure to share your comments with them. We were happy to hear that you enjoyed your corner room with great views of the city and are glad that you enjoyed the good downtown location. We hope that you come back for another visit in the near furture. Please let us know if you ever need anything.

Seattle, Washington, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

BEDG BUGS!!This was one of the most disgusting hotels I have stayed at in a long time. The room was dirty; stains on the walls, carpets, and blankets. There is no AC in the halls/elevator and it like 90 degrees plus in these areas. Also the AC in the room barely works. I had it down to 65 degrees and the room still felt kind of warm. The location is sketchy as well and there is a lot of crime.

Worst of all I got bites on my legs and I was pretty sure there was bed bugs in my bed so I got moved to another room. The next night there was another bug crawling around in my bed again. I had to go home and sanitize everything I had and get all my clothes dry cleaned and I am hoping that I don't infest my house with bed bugs :(

Room Tip: Don't get a room
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Robin,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me yesterday regarding your stay on October 2nd-6th. The Sheraton Baltimore takes any claim of reported Bed Bugs very seriously. Once you reported that you thought to have been bitten by bed bugs the hotel immediatley quarantined your room as well as surrounding rooms. The very next day, our Pest Control company inspected/tested the room for bed bugs and any other pests. The report was negative for bed bugs and for any other pests. I took the liberty of sneding you a copy of the tickets from the Pest Control Company to ease your mind.

I know how concerned and upset you were and through our discussion you may have had an allergic reaction to the chemicals used to launder the sheets and duvets. This sometimes happens to guests that need to use hypo allergic detergents as hotel laundry vendors do use much harsher chemicals to ensure that all linens are sanitized.

Please accept our apologies that our Front Office Management Team failed to notify you on October 5th prior to your departure that the room was inspected and did not have bed bugs or any other eveidence of pests. We are extremely sorry that when you left, you thought that your belongings might have been compromised. Rest assured I will speak to our managers about this as it did cause you much worry and for this I am truly sorry.

Enjoy your upcoming vacation and please feel free to contact me personally if you need anything else.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I typically dont write in forums like this, however this particular circumstance warrants a note. I was visiting a my 2 year old niece who is currently a patient at Johns Hopkins Hospital, so you can imagine the mood I was in. I was a bit nervous and uneasy, however I decided to walk in the sports bar at the Sheraton to wach some games and get my mind off of the situation. I was greeted by a gentleman named Andre who was working behind the bar. He was just a great bartender. He really showed compassion about my niece and he is just one of those guys who can click well with anyone. Before the end of the games, I felt I was watching the games with my friends and family back home in Houston. He really made my Sunday afternoon very pleasant considering the circumstances. Andre truely deserves these words, and he made a big impact on my troubling weekend. He is truely an asset to the Sheraton. One person can make a huge impact for an organization, especially in the service industry. Aside from Andre, the Sheraton was a great stay. They were very nice people and I appreciate the help and guidance for them all.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Jereis,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel. We were so happy to hear how Andre in the Restaurant made you feel so comfortable while watching Football a few Sundays ago. Andre is certainly one of our Food & Beverage Superstars. Rest assured that I will be sharing your comments with both Andre and the rest of the staff. Our goal is to provide our guests with a memorable and enjoyable experience from start to finish and I am glad that Andre was able to lighten your mood and turn this into an enjoyable afternoon for you. I hope your niece is on her way to a full recovery and you have our prayers. Our entire staff at the Sheraton is looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future and please feel free to call us if you ever need anything.

Stafford, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I am in the service (Air Force to be specific!) and had to make a trip back home to Baltimore to visit my sick father. The morning of one of my father's procedures, I was in a hurry but did not want to seem to be a burden to my server Mr Andre Harry. He came to my table and provided immediate assistance; offering juice and coffee, then taking my order. He provided that order to the kitchen and was able to have my entire breakfast order to me a lot quicker than most restaurants have in the past. I never once asked him to place a rush on my order, but he did so. The way he interacted with me, it seems as though this is common practice for him. Please pass on a sincere thank you Mr Harry as he made the most important part of my day (first thing in the morning) an easy transition to the rest of my day. Take care and HOORAH!!!

Master Sergeant, USAF
Headquarters Air Force, Pentagon

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dear TM,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel. We were ecstatic to hear how satisfied you were with Andre from the Restaurant and how quickly he was able to take care of your order. I will be sharing your comments with both Andre and the rest of the staff. Our goal is to provide our guests with a memorable and enjoyable experience from start to finish and we are thrilled that Andre was able to do this for you. Our entire staff at the Sheraton is looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future and our staff "Thanks You" for serving our country and keeping us all safe. Please feel free to call us prior to your next visit.

Maryann White

Been to Baltimore Harbor Hotel? Share your experiences!