“Very comfortable weekend” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 59 Hotels in Baltimore
NEW JERSEY
“Very comfortable weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

After reading reviews we decided to book this hotel online. Upon arrival the valet greeted us with a smile. The friendly staff checked us in quickly and our room was ready as promised. The room was very clean,the bed was extremely comfy. The shower was hot and the pressure was strong. The products in the bathroom was bath and body works. My husband and I did not want to get out of bed thats how comftable we were here. The hotel is about 15 min walk to the harbor but we really enjoyed the walk. There's cabs available on site to take you wherever you want to go. I am so glad we stayed here. I did not have 1 bad experience here. You could never go wrong with a Marriott, in my opinion.

Room Tip: I was in room 632 was very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We really wanted to see a baseball game in Baltimore but were hesitant of the area. We chose this hotel because it was a Marriott and the close proximity to Orioles Park at Camden Yards. The hotel was easy to locate, had a police presence in the area, and had onsite self parking for $26/night with in and out privileges. Our room had 2 beds which were very comfortable and the pillows were flat like I like. There was a nice bathroom which had bed and Bath shampoo, conditioner and body lotion. The room was equipped with a coffee maker, desk, TV, and free Wifi. We enjoyed a view of the stadium from our room. Athough we did hear police sirens and whistles prior to and after the game from our room, we felt very safe here. We could walk to the stadium as well as the Inner Harbor. The buffet breakfast was awesome : fresh fruits, oatmeal, cold cereals, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, juices, coffee/tea, and eggs/omelets to individual choice. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Herndon, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Hotel is great if you're going to the convention center or to a ball game. Hotel is clean and the staff was nice but the restaurant and the food was terrible The first night I ordered room service, it took about 1 hour to get my food (they had told me 45 minutes) and when it did come, I got the wrong food. The delivery guy was super friendly and apologized and said he would be back immediately with the right order. He came back shortly but did not have the corrected check for me to sign and had to come back again. When he came back, the check was wrong and they were charging me for what I didn't order and what I did order. Again, the staff person was super nice and apologetic but all I really wanted to do was eat my meal without any more problems. The food was terrible, the soup I orders was super salty, and the salad I ordered was not fresh and the tomatoes were not ripe.

In the morning I went down to the restaurant to have have breakfast. I told the waitress that I wanted the oatmeal (that came with fruit, coffee and juice) and she proceeded to tell me that it would take a while to get in the kitchen and that I was better off just doing the buffet for $2.00 more. Really! How long does it take to make oatmeal! Since I was in a hurry I went ahead and got the buffet.

As for the room, it is clean and the bed is comfortable but the fan on the air conditioner is super loud. The toilet also started to run radomly, waking me up in the middle of the night.

I stayed at the Marriott Baltimore Waterfront property a few months ago and that was definitely a much better overall experience and nicer property. Unless you are going to a ball game or the convention center I would stay somewhere else.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

If there were a pool and fitness centre, this hotel would be excellent. The people were all extremely hospitable. The rooms were clean, in great condition and well appointed. The fridge was the coldest ever. The Weather hit 48 C with the humidity and the room stayed nice and cool. Shower had great pressure, plenty of pillows. Restauraunt was good, reasonably priced but nothing amazing. Also had the fastest, most efficient elevators I have ever seen!

We stayed the weekend of the Grand Prix of Baltimore. This hotel sits directly on the racetrack. Since we were there for the race it was absolutely perfectly located! The location is also a very short walk from Oriole Park and M&T Bank Stadium.

$35 cab ride to the airport, about 15-20 mins. We could have easily walks a block the the local metro/rail which is something like $3 to the airport but were simply too lazy. For those interested, it is a block east. About 15 mins to the Harbourfront.

The Wi-Fi was on a free promo while we were there and wasn't very quick. My iPad was not bad but my Samsung Galaxy SII struggled to the point at which I gave up.

Room Tip: Ask for street view or high room as the alternative is a great view of the parking garaged 15 feet a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
california
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

The Marriott Baltimore:

I stayed at the Marriott Baltimore inner Harbor for three nights in August 2012 at a business convention.

My observations are:

Major Issue:

The hotel did not tell our group that the last two days of our meeting (Thursday and Friday) overlapped with the Grand Prix-of Baltimore. The hotel was the "official" hotel of the race and located right in the middle of the track layout. As a result, it was very difficult to get to the hotel and being there felt like living in East Germany – with concrete barriers and fences in every direction – the Baltimore wall. Getting back to the airport was even worse as the city, in that area, was more or less cut in half, and the hotel was on the wrong side from where the airport. If that was why they gave us such a great rate it wasn't worth it. It was a pain in the expletive deleted. They should not have offered the accommodations to public or to any group without telling what was going on!

Minor issues
The hotel needs attention to detail and some tender loving care. My room had a large carefully cut square of wallpaper missing in the bathroom. Carefully, and neatly, cut out, but not replaced. Perhaps after the Grand Prix things will be repaired.

Food and beverage service was generally fine. But someone needs to tell the bar staff that white wine should not be served half frozen in ice cold glasses. One evening I had a glass of white wine at Hilton, just down the road, and it was properly served. Cold but not freezing and the glass not tripping of ice.

Again, knowledgeable staff and attention to detail is needed.

Would I stay there again? Yes, BUT NOT when the Grand\ Prix was in town!

california
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

The Marriott Baltimore Inner Harbor:

I stayed at the Marriott Baltimore Inner Harbor for three nights in August 2012 at a business convention.

My observations are:

Major Issue:

The hotel did not tell our group that the last two days of our meeting (Thursday and Friday) overlapped with the Grand Prix-of Baltimore. The hotel was the "official" hotel of the race and located right in the middle of the track layout. As a result, it was very difficult to get to the hotel and being there felt like living in East Germany – with concrete barriers and fences in every direction – the Baltimore wall. Getting back to the airport was even worse as the city, in that area, was more or less cut in half, and the hotel was on the wrong side from where the airport. If that was why they gave us such a great rate, it wasn't worth it. It was a pain in the "expletive deleted." They should not have offered the accommodations to public or to any group without telling what was going on!

Minor issues

Again, knowledgeable staff and attention to detail is needed.

Would I stay there again? Yes, BUT NOT when the Grand\ Prix was in town!

Narberth, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

We have stayed here for several years. The rooms are well-maintained, and the service is excellent. They no longer provide turn-down service. The bar now has a nice menu, which is a plus. The breakfast buffet is good. The wi-fi is a real problem.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Baltimore Marriott Inner Harbor at Camden Yards? Share your experiences!