“Very Nice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 59 Hotels in Baltimore
Goffstown,NH
“Very Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2009

I loved this hotel even though I came here for a single night. The rooms were modern and I loved the elevators!!! You should really come here.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
Baltimore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2009

Pricelined the room, so we got a good price, but it also meant that we got a double bed instead of a king and we faced the convention center instead of the harbor. The room was clean and nicely decorated, although the tub is too small for romance. The location is perfect for any exploration of the harbor or downtown areas, and we walked to nearby restaurants and used the water taxi, purchasing tickets at the visitors center across the street. Parking is expensive at $27 a night, and someone broke one of our taillights while the car was there, but that's life in the big city I guess. We ate breakfast in the hotel restaurant, only because we got out of the room so late and were too hungry to find a spot elsewhere; also an expensive affair but unsurprising. As a hotel, it is very good. As a value, it might be worth it to pay more to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2009

I stayed at the Hyatt because it was the only hotel I found in the inner-harbor that had a pool. The pool was run-down, and the poolside drink/snack cabana was closed the day I visited (although the weather was perfect. maybe they were understaffed?).
Check-in was a breeze, and the woman that helped us was so sweet. BEWARE: I just checked my online banking information and discovered that I was billed twice. Visa informed me that I'll have to wait for my bill to appear, and then I'll have to manually fill out a form and send it in to dispute the charge (may not seem like a big deal, but I love the ease of doing things online, so this makes me a little cranky).
Since the transaction is still pending, Visa told me I could call the Hyatt and ask them to revoke it. I just got off the phone with the hotel operator, and the ONLY department that can assist me is the accounting department, which is not open until Monday.
Will never stay here again, and I advise that you avoid the hotel as well.

Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2009

We stayed here for two nights in July. We received a price of $65 on Priceline. I was disappointed we could not get a king bed and it was explained that they were $50 more per night. Bummer. The room we had was 559, fifth floor facing Camden Yards with virtually no view although it was quiet. The location is convenient to the waterfront. We opted to purchase the Water Taxi day pass which was a very enjoyable way to see the sites around the harbor. Some places we visited off the taxi and would recommend are the Visionary Museum, Fort McHenry and Fells Point. Restaurants we enjoyed included Bill's Terrace Inn and Obrycki's for steamed crab. Bill's uses a Old Bay base for seasoning while Obrycki's uses a pepper based seasoning. Bertha's Mussels (Fells Point) was ok. We had the Mussels with Anchovy, Sun dried Tomato and Garlic sauce for dipping. Mama's on the Half Shell was wonderful. I recommend the Crab Cake at Mama's. Fantastic. We did have a car so we were able to drive to some of the farther destinations. We will be back to Baltimore!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
SF, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2009

Stayed 4 nights in June 2009. Expectations (and price!) were for a 4 star hotel, but I would rate as a 2.5. The Good: Newly remodeled with great view if you pay for the HarborView rooms, which we did. The Bad: TV did not work, and once it was fixed, limited stations. Radio did not work. Iron was broken and made me late each day. Very poor housekeeping - shower was cleaned only 1 out of the 3 days and floor was not cleaned. Bedding was cleaned only 1 of the 3 days - found articles left in the bed after being made! Food at Bistro Cafe was poor and pricey. Coffee bar was not open as stated - closed when I went at 6:10 AM and at 5:30PM. Workout room was suppose to be open 24 hrs, but found it locked and was told it's closed Fri & Sat nights??? The visitor information they provided was wrong and ended up going to the Visitors Center across the street. Cost to use Internet, when I get it free at Hilton Garden Inn! Next time you will find me at the Marriott or Hilton.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2009

I liked this hotel, it was extremely noisy though- I couldnt sleep a wink when I was on level 6 because of the terrible terrible acoustics from the bar and the ensuiing hoovering and cleaning of the hotel. The reception staff moved me to a fabulous king room on level 12 overlooking the harbour , it was wonderful except it had no bath which I was disappointed about. The staff were really very nice and I had great room service, not too pricey. I would recommend not staying on levels up to level 6 as there is a ceiling that traps all the noise in from the open plan hotel. The conference rooms were average and you could barely hear our speakers for the noise in the room next door. The business centre was incredibly expensive. I had to pay for WiFi in my room which I think is ridiculous. Food was very average.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2009

Allison at the front desk set the stage for the rest of our stay. We had a wonderful experience and will stay again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Regency Baltimore? Share your experiences!