“Beware of noise level” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 69 hotels in Baltimore
Portland, Oregon
“Beware of noise level”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Although my stay was generally lovely, it was marred by the noise level that was a result of my room's proximity to the atrium. All of the folks in the bar / restaurant area were somehow amplified by the structure of the building, and their voices seemed to funnel directly to our room. Unfortunately, there was a sporting event on the television, so the cheers and cries of the assembled folks went on for some time, well past 1 AM. Luckily, I had earplugs, which worked beautifully.

The elevators were incredibly speedy, and afforded a wonderful view of not only the lobby, but of the harbor, as well. Truly beautiful.

In general, the hotel and staff were lovely and welcoming. If you're sensitive to noise, you may wish to request a room away from the atrium.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

677 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

We were in Baltimore for a leadership retreat and our entire team (40+) stayed at the Hyatt on Light Street on the Inner Harbor. When you reserve ask for a room facing the Harbor. I stayed on the 7th floor and had a great view of the Harbor and up light Street with glass on two sides. The room was clean, nicely furnished with all tile in the bathroom. The AC was great and the corner room location was a nice treat. Hotel staff were helpful and abundant, lounge on the 3rd floor was nice and the food pretty good. A short walk via an Overstreet walkway to the Inner Harbor. I'd recommend the hotel for your next trip to Baltimore.

• Stayed November 2013
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear AdventureDad007,

Thank you for going out of your way to share comments about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Baltimore. It is great to hear how much you enjoyed our location on the Inner Harbor. I am glad you had such a great view of the harbor from your guestroom. The views from these rooms are some of the best in the downtown area. Our employees will be recognized for the helpful service you experienced. I hope to welcome you as our guest on your next visit to Baltimore. Your referral is greatly appreciated.

Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

This hotel is in the perfect spot for convention goers. It's a short skywalk to the Baltimore Convention Center, and right near some of Baltimore's best shops and restaurants. The hotel is beautiful. It's right in the Inner Harbor, so just blocks away from anything you need to see or do. The staff were courteous and helpful. Cabs are easy to come by.
The perfect place to stay in downtown Baltimore.

Room Tip: We were distracted by construction work on teh street, which cannot be helped, so I'd recommend...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Amy D,

Thank you for going out of your way to share comments about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Baltimore. I am delighted our location is connected to the convention center. This allows our guests to easily navigate local attractions within a short distance of our front doors. Our employees will be recognized for the wonderful level of service you experienced. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated. I hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back, as our guest, soon!

Safe travels,

boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I stayed here for 5 days to attend a conference in October. From the moment I arrived I was so surprised---treated so well with such caring, politeness and individual attention. At arrival, Mike helped me to arrange a microwave for my room to heat an orthopedic device, upgrade to a lovely room, and when I needed to buy toothpaste, he gave me a free one. He was so professional, nice and I felt instantly so well-cared for----, not typical in a large chain.

The hotel is beautiful and situated on the harbor near everything -- you can even walk a lot around the harbor areas and it is lovely, much to see and do.

My room was spacious and impeccably clean. A lot of nice things., e.g. lighted make-up mirror, great hair dryer, Starbucks coffee. Excellent beds and linens, writing areas, good closets etc. The women who cleaned daily on floor 14 were terrific. The food in the restaurant is surprisingly good! Again, not what you expect in a large chain.

Everyone at our conference that I spoke with also were very pleased at the hotel and had a wonderful time in the evenings, going out to have fun on the town.

The last night, the world series was on and a large group of men descended on the room next to mine at 8 PM. They seem to have been "celebrating" for several hours before and continued to yell and scream and be very involved in the game. Wanting to sleep, I finally called the front desk around 9. They said no problem, we will send security right away! Indeed they did, and the men stopped .. maybe they left to watch the game downstairs where others were watching int the bar area.

The next morning, the management slipped a lovely personally written note from Rodney Smiling under my door, hoping the security team fixed the problem to my satisfaction, and.... inviting me to a free breakfast for my troubles. They certainly did not need to do this. What can I say. It is a great place and they really know how to make their customers happy.

Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you can see the harbor, do that, and a high up room for the view. Elevators are great, so no pro...
Hi BostonNikki,

Thank you for taking the time to share such detailed feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Baltimore. It is great to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Mike will be recognized for the excellent service you experienced upon your arrival. I am glad you enjoyed the wonderful views of the Inner Harbor our hotel provides our guests. It will be my pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel on your next visit to Baltimore. Your referral is greatly appreciated.

Safe travels,

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Hotel staff was really helpful. Conferance rooms were good. Could have a better selection of food in hotel. Parking was a bit expensive. Overall the hotel was good. Rooms were nice and clean. Conferance food was not bad. Coffee bar on second floor closed early.... But would recommend

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

I was here for the AESA conference in November. From the moment of check in, it was apparent that this hotel prides themselves in a reputation for excellence. The arrangement of the amenities in the room, the well dressed bed linens, to the immediate assistance received after calling the front desk made the stay extremely relaxing and enjoyable from start to finish. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Baltimore

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear ProfJosh,

Thank you for going out of your way to share feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Baltimore. It is great to hear of the amazing service you experienced during your visit. Our employees will be recognized for exceeding your expectations. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back on your return visit to Baltimore.

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Was here on business so very convenient to the convention center. They have a skywalk connecting it too (uncovered). Across from the harbor and shops (H&M and cute little tourist shops). Didn't get to explore that much since we were in a hurry to get to our meetings.

The internet connection was way better here than at other Hyatt's I've been too where they had large conventions.

Clean, quiet room, no issues with hall noise but I was not in my room alot, nice staff.

I would also recommend ordering off the breakfast menu at the restaurant instead of having their breakfast buffet. Their buffet was standard, good not great, you can get the same food anywhere else. If you like crabs, my coworkers ordered the crab omelet and for $16 I was very jealous I didn't look at the menu.

I had a crab omelet on a different day/place and it was $20+

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Regency Baltimore? Share your experiences!