“Great Weekend Away” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 63 Hotels in Baltimore
South Riding, Virginia
“Great Weekend Away”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

My husband and I spent one night here one weekend when we were in Baltimore for a business awards dinner. We went up early on a Saturday to go to an Orioles game. We got to the hotel around 12:00pm, and our room was all ready for us. That is always nice! Check in was also really easy with their computer check in system.
Our room was a nice size, clean, and we could see the harbor from our window. The bathroom has a walk-in shower, which was a nice upgrade from most chain hotels. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Moneta, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Here for a conference, water damage on at least 3 floors. Did not offer to move from flooded area unless you complained. Then wanted to charge an extra $30 for harbor view. But con compensation for rooms in flooded area. Conference room service is poor and room is freezing. Also hard to hear speaker over jackhammer. Good location. But not a hung dollar hotel in my opinion. Did receive excellent service from bellman when they switched my room.

Cork, Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I went away for a week in Hyatt Regency in Baltimore on the 19th of February 2013 with a group of friends to celebrate a 30th birthday. My first impression.. My bedroom was extremely comfortable and as clean as rooms can be. It had a view of the inner harbour as a bonus. The staff were exceptionally friendly... unexpected for such a busy hotel. The best thing was the bathroom amenities! There were single packets of nail polish remover, make up remover among the other all normal amenities. I think this was a very nice touch that i haven't seen in many hotels at all. The location of the hotel was excellent. We were able to walk to the aquarium which was fantastic. The food was absolutely amazing. The only thing that i wasn't happy with was the breakfast which i felt could have been better as the choice available wasn't great and it was a little overcooked. However I will definitely return on my nest visit to Baltimore.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Hi Danielle O,

Thank you for going out of your way to provide comments about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Baltimore. We appreciate you choosing our hotel to celebrate your 30th birthday with your group of friends and spending your special occasion with us. Our employees will be recognized for the wonderful service you experienced. It will be my pleasure to welcome you back for more birthday celebrations. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated.

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate
tappan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

The mark of any retail establishment is how the handle the big events
Popular holidays, Mother's Day, Christmas Eve, weddings and race events
Spectacular from the moment we drove up to the make shift check in due to multiple road closures for the Grand Prix of Baltimore , this hotel excelled in everything
Regency club breakfast was perfect
Clean , comfortable beds, helpful staff
I wouldn't hesitate to go again!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

My stay at the Hyatt Regency 300 Light st. Baltimore MD. was ok. No free wifi and a charge of 15 dollars a day is disgusting. How dare they! The location is nice and the hotel has nice view on the elevator of the city.

Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Hyatt Baltimore for 2 nights Aug 25th-27th. We wanted a hotel close to the inner harbor to celebrate our anniversary. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked the hotel. You know you read these reviews on this website and people always have something bad to say about everything, you never know what to trust, finally you realize the majority of people are just complainers, who like to complain about things that you dont really need to complain about. Im glad I trusted my gut and gave it a shot.

PROS:
- The location is excellent. Right in the parking lot, I believe on floor 3, which is where we parked, theres a very convient walk over bridge that leads you right into the inner harbor. It connects directly to Ripleys believe it or not, as well as Hooters, Bubba Gum shrimp and some other popular restaurants. the Aquarium is also 5 minutes walking distance over the bridge. Theres also a great seafood restaurant called Phillips, the Hard Rock Cafe Live, and so much more. We were right near all the beautiful inner harbor lights, the harbor views were gorgeous while walking, you can do boat rides, water taxis, and so much more right in walking distance of the hotel. I wish we would of stayed longer because we couldn't do and see everything while wanting a relaxing romantic getaway.

- The Lobby was very nice. I thought the hotel was well kept, very crisp and clean looking, def feels like a business hotel but thats not a bad thing, we liked it. Liked the all glass elevators as well. also all hotel staff were so friendly and accommodating. Check in as well as check out was so easy and quick.

Our room was on the 10th floor, we chose a standard non smoking King bed room, it was very private and spacious, heard no noise at all, the room was clean, smelled nice and beds and pillows were comfortable. Bathroom was nice as well and I loved the smell of the toiletry soaps and lotions they offered. The tv channels as well as movie channels in the room were good too, not many hotels have STARZ and ENCORE, so we really enjoyed that and they had pay per view movies in the room as well.

We didnt eat in the hotel so I cant comment on the food, Baltimore is known for its great restaurants so obviously we had to dine out for all meals while we were there to get a great experience with variety. May I recommend, Mamas on the half Shell, its about a 15 min drive from the hotel, great prices and excellent food, as well as Miss Shirleys Cafe for an amazing breakfast, you can walk there from the hotel, its on Pratt Street, Also the Oceanaire Seafood Room on Aliceanna street was to die for. We had the best Lobster romantic dinner there our first night in Baltimore. '

Only Cons I can think of in the hotel are obviously the high parking rates. But we chose self parking for 28 dollars a night opposed to the 40 dollar a night valet fee. Its real easy to self park and they give you in and out privileges with a special key, so I'd just do that staying at the hotel.
- Also i would of liked more toiletries in the bathroom since we were two people and there really wasnt much. But again these are just 2 minor cons, everything else was great.

I'd def stay here again, great value for your money.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Forced to use valet parking. Staff forgot to wake us up and make our dinner reservations. The hotel is in a perfect location and close to everything. The cleanliness of the hotel is outstanding and the view from the pool is breath taking.

• Stayed September 2013

Been to Hyatt Regency Baltimore? Share your experiences!