“Great Location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 59 Hotels in Baltimore
Colorado
“Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

The location is great. Right across the hotel is the Inner Harbour and aquarium. The hotel itself has been updated. The rooms were clean and comfortable. I had 2 compaints at this hotel , one the traffic noise from the street below. They give you a white noise machine but I still heard it above that. The other problem for me was the bar stops serving food early for a weekend and there was only one bartender that had to serve about 50 people. There was a wedding party there and staff was not adequate , so service was very slow. I would not stay here again because I am a light sleeper and the noise was a major issue for me.

Room Tip: I was in club level king. I dont know if there is a quite room at this location.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
Pennington, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Our family stayed overnight. The location is very nice. The front desk was very helpful. Parking was not free. But we feel very safe and comfortable and peaceful. I feel the hotel does put minds and efforts to meet the comforts of different guests.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your recent stay. I am happy to hear that you found the front desk staff to be helpful and friendly. It is wonderful to hear that you felt comfortable and peaceful at our hotel. I hope that we can welcome you back to Hyatt again in the future.

Abrea H – A Guest Relations Associate
Latham, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here 2 nights (Fri/Sat) for a military function. The room was overly-spacious and had a nice view, but had 2 full beds instead of a queen or king, which we found odd, since it was a "couples retreat" type of event. Saturday, we were offered the opportunity to switch to a room with a queen/king bed, and didn't even have to lug our own bags, a porter was made available to us. The staff, and especially front desk manager Michael Berland were top-notch. We don't travel a lot, and when we do, typically don't have the opportunity to stay in such a "swanky" hotel, so we were impressed, whereas others who might be more accustomed to such hotels might not be as much.
1 minor downside was not having a mini-fridge and microwave, but that is what we consider a minor thing. Upon request, a mini-fridge can be brought to your room.
Even a minor snafu with room assignments was handled quickly and professionally (Kudos to Michael Berland), with not only receiving a phone call and personal note of apology from Mr Berland, but also a complimentary midnight snack delivered to our room (which was DELICIOUS!!).
EXCELLENT example of going the extra mile for AN EXCEPTIONAL customer experience.
The food provided to the guests attending the function was first-rate! Delicious, plentiful (mostly buffet-style), piping hot and plenty of variety.
Because the trip was a military function, and we were not responsible to fund the room cost or meals, we cannot comment on the price/value aspect.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to provide such a wonderful review. I am thrilled that you found the service to be top notch. I will let Michael know that you really appreciated his efforts. I am glad you found the food to be first rate and the function you attended was a success. I hope we can have an opportunity in the future to welcome you back to Hyatt. Your recommendation is our biggest compliment!

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate
Woodbridge, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Very nice rooms and comfortable beds. This is my favorite hotel to stay at when in Baltimore. The room service is awesome and the Reuben sandwich is the best. Two people can share this sandwich. The kids loved the room service and asked to have it every night.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Hi lcolby,

Thank you for going out of your way to share comments about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Baltimore. I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed our Hyatt Grand Beds. They are some of the most comfortable beds I have slept on. I will share your comments about the delicious Reuben you enjoyed with our Executive Chef. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel soon!

Safe travels,

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate
Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We stayed four nights, wonderful position, unfortunately we had a room at the back that literally looked onto a wall and a cooling tower.....but the room was comfortable and fine. We have stayed here before and found it very very noisy, walls are paper thin, and as its a very large hotel ...noise was ALL the time , people coming and going, and you could hear everything in the nextdoor rooms, but this time we found in the room a 'white noise' machine next to the bed??? ..I turned it on, and thought oh no! awful !! But the first night we did turn it on and it DID very cleverly block out ALL external noises!! It really did do the trick for a noise free night of sleep. It sounds like wind blowing. ALL big hotels should have these. So thank you Hyatt. The beds and linen were exceptionally comfortable...BUT cleanliness missing !! especially in the bathroom where the bath was never cleaned in the four days, neither was the floor. But I still rated this Hyatt highly as the staff ...the reception staff, the concierges, the barmen and the waiting tables staff were FANTASTIC and made up for any complaint!! They did everything to make your requests possible, so obliging, courteous, nothing was too much, and friendly and easy to get to know. The staff were a joy! Breakfasts were wonderful whether menu or buffet, they really prided themselves on fresh produce. Good coffee and always a happy start to the day. Thank you Hyatt.

Room Tip: request a harbour view
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I had such comfortable nights there.
It's so close to the harbor, and the view from the elevator was gorgeous!
The staff was very friendly and helpful.

I love it there, and I would recommend this to other people!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
I really appreciate your wonderful feedback. It is always a pleasure to hear when our guests have a memorable experience. We have a great location in the Inner Harbor and offer spectacular views. I will let the staff know you found their service to be very friendly and helpful. Your recommendation is our biggest compliment!

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate
new jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Stayed overnight to visit the aquarium. Self parked the car, during a quick check in was given a card for in/out privileges from parking lot. Upgraded room to the executive level, well worth it. The servers at the executive level are top notch. They recommended a great crab shack L.P. Steamers yummy and lots of fun. The water taxi, inner harbor and aquarium are footsteps away. Small pool, thought it would be bigger. All in all a good Hyatt experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt Regency Baltimore? Share your experiences!