“Location, location, location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 63 Hotels in Baltimore
Milwaukee, WI
“Location, location, location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Can't beat the inner harbor location.

Your typical Hyatt with refined style and comfortable sleep experience. Decent work-out room, $28 for parking, charge for WiFi.

What wrecked the experience was the tub drain was stopped up.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

I think we had a better stay at Residency inn than here at Hyatt Baltimore. Here are the negatives: The carpet looks so dirty. No refrigerator. Only a Mimi bar (not a family hotel). Furnitures seem out of place. Bathroom needs remodeling. Beds are not comfortable. Pool is dirty. This place really needs some work. Good things: people are friendly. Hotel is very close to inner harbor. Sorry this hotel really don't meet my needs.

• Stayed July 2013
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Travelerleek,

Thank you for sharing comments about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Baltimore. I apologize for this issues you encountered with the carpet and furniture in the guest room. I am glad to hear of the friendly service you experienced with our staff. I hope you will give us a second chance to welcome you back. If you would like to further discuss, please feel free to contact me directly.

Safe travels,

Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Stayed five nights for a technical conference. Was assigned to a room close to the elevator with a window facing the stree and therefore was very noisy. That is probably why they put a cute sound conditioner in the room. The fan in the bathroom does not work.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Marc Z,

Thank you for taking the time to share comments about your recent visit to our Hyatt Regency Baltimore. I am sorry to learn about the issues you experienced with the exhaust fan in the bathroom. With one quick call to the front desk, our Director of Engineering would be happy to take a look into this. If you would like to further discuss this, please feel free to reach out to me, directly. I will be happy to assist.

Boston, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

I was here for business. Thought the location is good. Was deciding between Renaissance across the way where I also have Diamond status and this hotel. Unfortunately, I chose the wrong hotel!! Operator and the front desk took forever to answer the phone. Actually room service and everything else took forever to answer. Once they answered the phone, they have an attitude and rude. Not what I had expected from a HR hotel. In addition with my status, I was suppose to get upgraded to the club level. That didn't happen and got stuck in a corner room but with access to the lounge. That didn't happen. Front desk giving me the run around. Then my room got skipped cleaning. This was after 5:30 pm when I came back to the room. I called housekeeping. Was told that the cleaning staff all gone home! Great! Not what I had expected for paying over $300+ per night!! Very disappointed in the Hyatt management. A close source, and my fellow colleague who is on B'more mayor's senior staff recommended this place! He will hear it from me for sure!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

The location of this hotel is ideal. It sits right along Baltimore Harbor. There is plenty to do in around the Harbor and many restaurants, but most are chains. I actually preferred walking down to Fell's Point. Local restaurants and a nice, colonial feel. Reminded me of Alexandria.

The elevator system at this hotel is god awful. The elevators are nice looking and have open glass to look out into the lobby and harbor. But, there are only four and they frequently have conventions with churches and an abundance of little kids.

Management at the Hyatt is rude and treats the guests poorly. Several members of our wedding party had issues with the staff and management. The rooms aren't cleaned until 4 or 5pm, which is far later than we are used to.

Also, the beds are quite cheap and uncomfortable. They feel like an air mattress. Parking is quite overpriced. The workout facility was nice, large and clean though.

Room Tip: Get a room higher up so you can take advantage of the views.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Chicagohoosier07,

Thank you for going out of your way to share comments about your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear how well our location worked for your needs while in downtown. Your comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated. Your experience with our management staff seems out of the ordinary. Our goal is to make our guests feel welcomed and comfortable while you are staying with us. It would be my pleasure to speak with you directly about your experience. I hope you'll give us a second chance to welcome you back to our hotel.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

The location is perfect, the staff is nice, and the rooms are clean. The breakfast buffet wasn't that great for the price. Even though the father's day buffet had just began, the food was cold so it tasted gross. Also, for the price of the hotel in the high season, parking should be included but it's not, it's $28 per day.

Room Tip: Book ahead of time so that you can get the early booking discount
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Room: The room was comfortable, with a decent view of the inner harbor. The bathroom was pretty standard. All in all, a good but not notable room. I only spent one night there (and little time in the room itself) so I do not have a great deal to say about the room.

My bed type did not match my booking (actual King vs booked Double), but I was upgraded to the Regency Club level, so the net impact was positive. The club was a bit small (and pretty crowded during my visit), but the food and drinks were a nice addition to my stay.

Location: This was an excellent location for my purpose (a quick trip to watch an Orioles game) and would serve as a great location for a longer trip to Baltimore (or a visit to the convention center, should work draw you there). The hotel is across from the touristy inner harbor area and a few blocks from Camden Yards.

Service: Really only interacted with the staff in the lounge, and each staff member was very attentive and courteous.

Value: I used a free night from the Chase Hyatt card, so I cannot really speak to the value of the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt Regency Baltimore? Share your experiences!