“Pleasant Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 61 Hotels in Baltimore
Montreal, Canada
“Pleasant Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. The room was large, comfortable and clean.
The bathroom tidy, tastefully decorated and well stocked without wastage. There is a list of items you can obtain on loan or to take if you need some extra, all you have to do is phone the reception and it swiftly arrives.
If you need privacy they slip a note under the door saying that they have not been able to tidy the room. You can arrange for them to make up the room at a later time or they will come back and check later.
Great place for conferences and parties.
The personnel of the lounge bar is helpful and understanding, the food quite nice.
Would do this again, even if I found the air conditioning quite chilly.

Room Tip: Generally the rooms seem good.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
St. Petersburg, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Although I prefer boutique hotels, finding this rate through Priceline was a total steal! Great bedding, very nice decor, and very good service. I appreciate staff that will help me with special requests. All I needed was a sharpie type marker to get some things ready for a presentation, which the business center let me borrow. Sounds simple, but after you experience poor service and excuses for why poeple can't help or lend, etc. you really appreciate it when someone does help out. The only downside, which you can avoid is the restaurant. The breakfast was so bad, I sent mine back my co worker wasn't happy long after his meal. But as far as the hotel goes... I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a harbor view room
Fredericksburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

This was a fine enough hotel, centrally located and with good amenities. The only reason I have docked it half a star is because the bedroom+sitting room portion of the hotel room was pretty outdated. The walls and baseboards showed their ages with scuff marks and dents. The bathroom looked to be recently renovated, as indicated by the new-looking glass and ceramic tiles and clean grout lines. I've stayed at other Hyatts, this is just a slightly older one. Perfectly fine hotel to stay at for the business traveler or Baltimore tourist - it's right in the middle of Baltimore Harbor, and easy walking distance to the sights. I suggest trying to book this through Hotwire, and looking for a 4-star hotel in downtown Baltimore - this is one of the possibilities. I got a double double for $90 + $19.99 in taxes, so I thought it was a good value overall. Self-parking at the attached garage is $28 for overnight - not sure if there are in-and-out privileges.

Paramus, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My Husband and I decided to go to Baltimore for a long weekend and selected this hotel. When we checked in, we let the person on the front desk know that it was our first time staying at a Hyatt Regency(I'm so sorry that I can't recall his name). He immediately suggested that we sign up for the rewards program and made sure that we had a room facing the Inner Harbor on a high floor.

The bed was very comfortable and seemed very plush.

The location of the hotel was excellent. We were able to walk to the aquarium and other sites. We were just a short cab ride away from the Little Italy section of Baltimore for dinner plans and the hotel staff was great in helping us get car service over.

We will definitely stay here again on our next trip to Bmore!! ******

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear 1ABFREE,

Thank you for going out of your way to share feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Baltimore. It's great to hear how much you enjoyed your getaway with your husband. Our harbor facing rooms offer some of the best views from our hotel. We're glad our location was close enough for you to walk to aquarium. We look forward to more long weekend getaways in the future with the both of you!

Norristown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

This is a 4 star hotel and it shows. The beautiful lobby, stunning views from the elevator, and personal service. We were even able to check-in early. The bed was very comfortable with feather pillows. Everything was VERY clean. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Hi Lindsay M:

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your recent visit to our Hyatt Regency Baltimore. It's great to hear how much you enjoyed the personalized service our employees provided while you were our guest. Hyatt takes great pride hearing comments such as yours. Our Hyatt Grand Bed is great to relax in after a busy day in the city. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

One of my friends from NJ decided to book this hotel last minute. I drove up to meet her. I got there first and Daniel the parking valet guy was so nice and let me wait for her. Then when we checked in and I have to say Brandis gave us a free room upgrade! We were so excited cause that was so nice and unexpected. The room was way nicer than I expected, there were seats along the window, and you could see the water. The hotel is right across the street and theres an above the ground bridge you can cross so you don't even have to wait. Then I must give credit to Brian or Bryan sp? He made my night. I was so thirsty and we went to the bar, the bar was closed by the time we got there (20 mins late). When I asked where I could go to get one he gave me a pepsi. It's the small things but the staff was so wonderful and my room was so nice. I will definitely only stay here when I go to Baltimore again.

Room Tip: We were in 510 it was a king overlooking the water and a seat all along the window so nice but I don...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear aymami21,

Thank you for going out of your way to share feedback about your recent stay with us. It's great to hear how much you enjoyed the service Daniel, Brandis & Brian provided. They will be recognized for their efforts. Our Harbor view rooms provide our guests great views. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit!

California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Can't fault the hotel for location on the Inner Harbor, and next door to the convention center. The hotel design is 1970's Hyatt. They've done some remodeling in the lobby, and rooms are functional. It feels very much like a large, generic business hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Regency Baltimore? Share your experiences!