“Wonderful stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 69 hotels in Baltimore
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“Wonderful stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

My stay at the Hyatt Regency Baltimore was really wonderful and very relaxing. The staff was extremely kind, courteous, informative and displayed great customer service while making the reservation and during our two night/three day stay.

The ambience and general appearance of the hotel and its location is excellent. So much to do in the immediate area (Inner Harbor Attractions & Power Plant) and also very close to DC via train... 1 hr ride to Museums and historical Memorial's. Local area attractions & transportation (Amtrak and Metro) are economical when compared to driving and parking.

During our stay, we required assistance on multiple occasions from concierge services (attractions & directions) and in room guest services (breakfast, microwave and utensils) and the entire staff's response time was immediate. It was very impressive. I mention these areas, but everyone - absolutely everyone - from the staff moving about the hotel conducting their duties to the polite and friendly doormen ... all were kind, very friendly and of a readily helping nature with a can-do attitude!!! We literally got service with a smile, good conversation and laughter along with our requests. I felt like we were important and our needs were of equally great importance. We were never rushed or hurried along. I am appreciative of our overall experience as we were celebrating a very special occasion. Our requested harbor view was perfect... 10TH floor waterfront view was ideal. Thank you to everyone on your staff (especially booking clerk and Torrence) who took the time to make our celebration everything we wanted and imagined it to be. I have already recommended this hotel to our family and friends. Myself and a few others will be making return reservations within the next 6 months... Job well-done, Hyatt Regency!

736 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
NEW JERSEY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Recently stayed at the Hyatt in Inner Harbor for a Cheerleading competition. Conveniently located on the skyway that connects shops and Convention Center. Room was very spacious and clean. Many options for food and drink in hotel as well as surrounding area. Parking at $28 a day was very steep but garage was right next door. Would definitely stay again,

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

"Only a dollar?" The last thing I heard at the Hyatt as the disgruntled doorman ushered me into a cab. I'm not sure what more he expected for simply opening and closing a door, bu his words certainly have had a lasting impression on my already shaky opinion of once great Baltimore hotel that is surely in need of a facelift and better mannered staff. Don't expect much from the Club lounge either. The breakfast offerings are poor at best, though i will say that the staff in the club lounge are the nicest and most genuine people you'll ever meet. Top marks for them. And the last thing I'll mention is our disappointment with the room. We booked a suite on the 14th floor and were promised a King sized bed. When we arrived, we were told by the front desk that their suites only have quuen sized beds. Really?

Room Tip: Apparently you should avoide a suite if you want a king sized bed.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear stjswood:

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Baltimore. We're sorry to learn of this experience, and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. This isn't the level of service our guests should expect while staying at our hotel. Your feedback is valuable for our Front Office Manager, as we can provide extra training for the doormen. We hope this experience doesn't deter you from joining us again. I appreciate the opportunity to discuss this with you.

Safe travels,

Parsippany, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel is in a perfect location to all of what Baltimore offers and even offers a walk way over to the Inner Harbor area. The service was good and everyone was friendly from check in to check out.
Rooms were well appointed and the toiletries were excellent. The beds are super comfortable and we had a great night's sleep.
All in all this hotel is a great pick for your stay in the Baltimore area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Hello pickyeater973!

Thank you for taking a moment to share feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Baltimore. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed our excellent location on the Inner Harbor. Our employees will be recognized for the fantastic service provided, as Hyatt takes great pride with this. It would be our pleasure to have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to Baltimore.

Berkeley Heights
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was the second time my family and I have stayed in this particular Hyatt. The cleanliness and location make it a no brainier. There is a pedestrian walkway over the main road to the Inner Harbor attractions so getting around is quick and easy, especially with children. When we go back, you can bet I'll be staying there again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Allison s:

Thank you for going out of your way to share feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Baltimore. We're delighted to have had another opportunity to welcome you and your family back to our hotel. It's our pleasure to be able to provide a hotel in a location that is easy to navigate for your family. We look forward to another opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to Baltimore. Your referral is greatly appreciated.

Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I am very familiar with Baltimore Harbor, but usually just do day trips. My husband and I are preparing for me to leave the area for a job and wanted a few quiet days to "honeymoon." Picked this hotel because it is on the water and offers water views. First, I will say that everything was top notch from front desk service to valets, to maid service. My only complaint has to do with the definition of a "water view". When I booked the room, I specifically paid extra for a water view, and the room did in fact have a water view, but I had to go to the window and look to the left to see the water.

I wouldn't exactly accuse them of false advertising, but I would have preferred if they had offered "water front" and "water view" rooms. Then I would not have been disappointed.
There was one problem, which they probably can't fix, which is thin walls. I have never experienced so much noise coming from next door rooms and from the hallways. We could almost hear whole conversations.

Somehow we ended up on the "Regency" floor, which offered continental breakfast, and appetizers and alcoholic beverages for dinner. The service there was exquisite. When we told them we were honeymooning, unbeknownst to us, one of the servers in the Regency room sent a bottle of Champaign to our room. What a great touch!

Room rates are very expensive, but no more so than other similar hotels at the Harbor. Parking is very expensive ($28/day self; $40/day valet), but probably no more than other places at the Harbor, but the location can't be beat. It is walking distance to all the major Harbor attractions including the science museum, Power Plant (children's attraction), American Visionary Art Museum, tour boat rides, water taxi, aquarium, and the science museum. Additionally, there is a pedestrian bridge from the hotel that carries guests over the traffic to the waterfront,

I would definitely stay again, but would be very clear about my "water front" preference.

Room Tip: If you want waterfront, be sure you don't get water view. Book on the Regency Floor, because the...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed review. I really appreciate your comments regarding your room and the harbor view. It is always a pleasure to hear when our guests find the staff and their service to be exquisite. We have a great staff that prides themselves on providing authentic hospitality to our guests. I am pleased you were able to experience our Regency Club. This is a great feature we offer guests. It provides a private lounge were complimentary continental breakfast is served. During the day it is open for refreshments, and in the evening they offer evening cocktails and hor d’oeuvres. I hope we can have the opportunity to welcome you back to our property on your next visit to Baltimore. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated!

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate
Ljubljana, Slovenia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Nice comfortable room with big working area. I had splendid view on the inner harbor. Make sure you ask for top floors.

Internet free of charge (OK, only for 30 minutes, but more than enough to download and send what ever you need).

Bathroom midsize, but nicely designed

Breakfast area is great. Very spacious with open view out of the building. The have good selection of dishes to order. If you want to have a healthy start of the day, go for oatmeal as you will get oatmeal with full selection of berries, seeds, nuts to mix-in. Great!

I booked via Priceline as extra deal and got real bargin on this.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Regency Baltimore? Share your experiences!