“Comfortable, convenient, and very well staffed.” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #23 of 59 Hotels in Baltimore
London, United Kingdom
“Comfortable, convenient, and very well staffed.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in the Hyatt Regency Baltimore for three nights during a conference. While the convention center map was a bit deceiving - the Hyatt seemed much closer to the cc than the Hilton, but due to the covered walkway from the Hilton (vs uncovered from the Hyatt) it seemed farther.

Service was excellent overall, the staff seemed genuinely friendly and helpful. The regency club breakfast was simple but high quality continental - perfect for me. As was the 24h access to fruit yogurt and beverages. The internet access was so-so, basic service ( free with my GoldPassport platinum status ) covers only one device, not realizing this I connected my phone on the way to my room. Unfortunately, in order to change devices you must not connect the original device for 24h, so I was stuck with it for three days. Public Internet is available in the lobby for free in 30 minute increments.

I stayed in a harbor view king, which was comfortable and clean. After the bad weather on the first day I wondered if I should have taken the non-harbor side room on the club floor, but after it cleared up I was happy to have the view. The bathroom had a standing shower which was nice, but would have benefitted from a stool or bench for shaving. The carpet and furniture showed some wear/stains but were in good shape. I turned the couch around so I could stare out the window leisurely.

Overall the Hyatt Regency may not be the best hotel in town, but it's convenient location and pleasant staff make it a good choice for people coming to the convention center.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
West Chester, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

For 15-20 days a year I come to this hotel with my wife and daughter on business. And while the people all know me there
and always are there for my family sometimes things can still go wrong. It's great to walk in and be greeted by your name, and there is Joe, who instead of having us take two cabs to Della Notte for dinner, surprised us with a stretch limo. My daughter & her best friend couldn't stop talking about it all night. The management did reach out to my on many levels when they discovered we weren't having our usual great time. I love this Hotel. I pay double or more to stay here when all of my other employees stay at competing hotels because of the show rate's. I will be going back because I am a Hyatt Diamond member and I don't stay anywhere else. I know that the Hyatt has its way of promoting within and that everyone has to learn all of what it takes, but if I could say one thing. Your weakest link is where you should be the strongest. The front line, the people who greet you when you walk in the door. The support behind the front desk that is always there to support the frequent guest who come there and one last thing, Learn to know the difference between the guest who are so grateful for what you do to make their stay wonderful versus the ones that keep asking for more and you can't do enough for them.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I stayed here for night as a quick little jaunt to get away from DC for a day. It was pretty confusing getting to the hotel because this fat nasty little cop was directing traffic away from the only road to the hotel because of construction. We called and the hotel was more helpful in getting us past this lady. The hotel was a very nice place, great service from the front desk, and great restaurant service. We were upgraded to a harbor view and although the harbor is nothing to write home about it was very nice to get a room with a view. I love the Hyatt beds and I was so happy to escape my twin bed in DC for 1 night to a queen in Baltimore Not much happening in the winter times in the city the harbor was pretty dead but I bet during the summer this is a very happening place and a great hotel to stay at. I think you will be pleased if you stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a Harbor View
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Hi Irish311,

Thank you for taking an opportunity to share comments about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Baltimore. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your quick getaway from D.C. Our employees will be recognized for the great service provided during your visit. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back the next time you want to have an overnight away from home.

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate
Bangalore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

The hotel is expensive but did not see value for money. They charge for drinking water (about $6 for 1 lt of water), in resturant, breakfast spread was very poor but expensive. Not sure what is the reason for being so expensive other than brand! Plus point is - hotel is very well placed near inner Harbor and good view from many of the rooms and number of outside resturants within walking distance. But still cannot recommend to others. I stayed for 3 nights during early March.

gloucester va
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Inner Harbor, Baltimore MD for 3 nights. The room I was given was triangular. No kidding, it only had 3 walls. Made for some interesting angles for the layout. Otherwise the bed was comfortable. The fitness room was clean with fairly new equipment. The web check in didn't work. I did the web check in, and still had to go to the desk to get my key. The hotel was clean and convenient to the inner harbor. I would stay here again, just not in the same room.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel is easy to get to and has ample parking. Self parking option is convenient and check in rapid and efficient either electronically or with a person. The access to the convention center via the second floor was often obstructed by parties, and this was less than ideal.
The Skywalk connects to the convention center and the inner harbor. If these are being monitored for safety and security, signs to that effect could be reassuring. This is also true of the parking garage, as it is accessed outside of the hotel.

Room Tip: Upper floor harbor view quite nice
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This Hyatt hotel is literally on the inner harbor, with many dining and shoppping options nearby (the Kona Grill around the corner was delicous).

I was attending a large conference and the hotel staff was very accomodating and always maintained a high level of service.

The rooms were an average size for what you would expect in a large city, not too small but not huge. There was a small chaise lounge by the window. We had a bit of a view of the water, which was cool especially at night. We also liked the white noise machine in our room- it was a big help for drowning out little noises. Our room, on the 11th floor, had two full beds, so it might be a little small for two people to share a bed.

I have just a few small complaints. The restrooms in the common areas (by the ballroom) could get quite dirty through the day. The elevators seemed to move quite slow, but then again, the hotel was completely booked.

Room Tip: ask for a harbor view room
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Regency Baltimore? Share your experiences!