“Great Location between Inner Harbor and Convention Center” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #27 of 69 hotels in Baltimore
Philadelphia, PA
“Great Location between Inner Harbor and Convention Center”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for one night (2/8/13) and was generally pleased with the staff and location. Was able to check in quite early and was offered complimentary breakfast for two the following morning. Booked a suite which was very spacious since it was actually two separate but connecting rooms.

The only negative aspect of the stay was the level of noise that could be heard while inside the suite. We were on the 9th floor but could hear sounds from the street below. Also the slamming of room doors, the voices of other guests in the hallways and even the sounds from the elevator were quite irritating. I am by no means a light sleeper, yet I found it difficult to enjoy a peaceful sleep at night.

The check out process was quick, yet I wasn't asked if I enjoyed my stay or even thanked for my business. A few days later I received an email asking me to take a survey regarding my stay and so I mentioned the problems I experienced with the excessive noise. Soon thereafter I was contacted by a manager who sincerely apologized and offered to credit my Hyatt Gold Passport account with a generous amount of points.

Because of this unsolicited gesture and the overall level of service I received, I am pleased with the outcome of my experience and would now consider returning to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed February 2013

738 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Rooms were dated but the hotel is undergoing renovations. Unfortunately, the renovations have closed the lounge and the on-property food choices are poor. Had a problem with the A/C and the staff had a hard time getting it corrected. Location is great, but rooms had a lot of street noise, and I was on the top floor (14th).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Catbert10:

Thank you for taking a moment to share feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Baltimore. We're sorry to learn of your stay not meeting your expectations. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back. It would be our pleasure to welcome you for a true Hyatt experience.

If you would like to discuss your experience, please feel free to reach out to me directly. I'll be happy to assist.

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

This is an excellent property, well maintained. We found the beds to be very comfortable, and the rooms very well kept. The glass elevator ride to the rooms is an absolute treat, as it overlooks the scenic Inner Harbor. The lobby area is also quite impressive. In addition, the location is spectacular. It is connected by walkway to the Inner Harbor, so everything is within walking distance. I cannot imagine a better spot.

Be aware that parking is a bit steep, $28. Cheaper parking can probably be had nearby if you don't mind walking a bit. This is to be expected for any downtown hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear mainetobuffalo:

Thank you for taking a moment to share feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Baltimore. We're glad to hear how much you enjoyed our hotel. Your statement about our Hyatt Grand Bed is correct, as they are very comfortable! Our location makes it convenient for our guests to have access to the sights & sounds of the Inner Harbor and downtown area.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon. Your referral is greatly appreciated!

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate
washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Very comfortable Hyatt typical room. The glass elevator affords nice views of the harbor. The location to the harbor and shopping is convenient, just across the street. The glass enclosed lobby with soaring ceiling is a nice space, but its decor is not up to usual Hyatt standards. It just feels dated or a little off. Currently the restaurant is closed for rennovations, so they offer a buffet In an area of the lobby. We opted for one of the many restaurants within walking distance.

Room Tip: Try priceline for better value on this hotel
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Was a very good hotel. The staff was very nice and helpful. They put us on a quieter floor due to the high capacity of guest in the hotel. I stayed in a King guest room with my boyfriend and sister and got the roll out bed I requested back in November!!! Thank you for that because it helped me accommodate my sister for our Inauguration experience. Our room faced the Harbor and this hotel has a skywalk on the second floor to guide visitors to the Harbor and shopping areas of downtown. Baltimore has a dedicated Holocaust Memorial located on Gay Street, it's a must see and walking distance from the hotel. The only time we had to use the car was to drive to D.C. The valet parking is expensive and the self parking is 28.00 per night. Next to the hotel is Sullivan's Steakhouse and Kona Grill if you don't want to eat in the hotel. (Literally 1 minute in walking distance). Overall, I would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask the hotel if they have special guests that are in town due to a major event and what floor are t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Booked a weekend stay here for my mom for her 50th birthday. Service was exceptional. The concierge even greeted my mom with a nice complimentary birthday treat to her room on arrival. Room was a nice size with a decent view of the inner harbor. The bathroom was beautiful with mosaic tile. Toilet was a little low to the floor and bath tub was a little small but super clean. Overall it was a great stay!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Laytonsville, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We were checking into this hotel and were pleasantly surprised in so many ways! We only paid $75 for our room. We booked through Priceline.com and got a really good deal. Well, we thought we would get a so-so room, but the lady at the desk actually gave us a room overlooking the Inner Harbor AND it was down at the end of the hall with no adjoining rooms! It was on the 7th floor with the best view ever. The room was incredible. She also, without us asking at all, waived the $27 parking fee that normally people would have to pay for just for spending the night. Bethany was the hotel clerk that checked us in. She was so accommodating and friendly and she remembered us the next day. We were also offered 2 free complimentary breakfasts from the Bistro on the 2nd floor, which had everything you could possibly want for breakfast. The reason that the breakfast was complimentary? Well, the taxi cab that drove us from Bo Brooks to our hotel later that night tried to rip us off by charging us too much. We told the guy that stands out front assisting hotel guests and he was so apologetic as if it were his fault!!!! He said, "use Yellow Cab only" and this won't happen and then he comped our breakfasts for the next day! GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!! What more can I say? Stay here, you won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: Ask for an Inner Harbor view! You won't be disappointed!!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
I really appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at Hyatt Regency Baltimore. It’s always a pleasure to hear when our guests have an outstanding experience. I’ll be sure to let Bethany and the rest of the staff that you mentioned know that their service was top notch. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Baltimore. Your recommendation is our biggest compliment!

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate

Been to Hyatt Regency Baltimore? Share your experiences!