“Only if you are doing business there” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #26 of 63 Hotels in Baltimore
Philadelphia
“Only if you are doing business there”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I stay at this hotel moderately often, always because I am attending some business event that is taking place there and luckily, I am rarely paying for it because when I see the published rates they are higher than those of the other local hotels that I far prefer. The check in clerk was the high point of the stay. Overall, the hotel is on the dark side (which is very common of Hyatt design in general). This hotel is starting to look a bit tired. The room itself was fine, but absolutely not special. I found it amazing that when I called the front desk at 8 pm on a Thursday night to say I had run out of contact lens solution, there response was so sorry, we have none, the gift shop is closed. There is a 7-11 a couple blocks away. Are you kidding!? Anywhere else, they either have it gratis or at low price or (and I've had this happen more than once), the manager opens the gift shop for you. Another peeve is that at these business meetings, they put the hot water in the same carafes that they have used for coffee, so the tea is never good. I bought my own tea at Perks, but that is only open very short hours, which is a problem when you are trapped in an all day meeting. I am just generally underwhelmed by the hotel, although there is nothing really wrong with it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

My boyfriend and I had a wonderful stay at the Hyatt on 11/16/12.
Our room was beautiful and very clean, with a great view of the harbor.
I sometimes have anxiety about traveling/staying in hotels but I was carefree for this trip. I couldn't have been more comfortable.
The staff is great and very accommodating. Jamie at the front desk was especially helpful, cheerful, and even called up once we got into our room to make sure we were satisfied.
The nice man in the Regency Club Lounge that night also went above and beyond to make sure we were taken care of.
Overall I have no complaints and I will definitely be staying here again. I recommend the Hyatt Regency to anyone planning to stay in Baltimore. It is also close to everything on the inner harbor - we were in town to see a concert and go to the aquarium during the day and didn't have to take a cab anywhere.
Wonderful experience!

Room Tip: Rooms with a view/partial view of the harbor are great and I definitely recommend the Regency Club l...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Cait M:

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Baltimore. It's great to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us! Often, we'll hear enthusiastic feedback from our guests with regards to the fantastic views of the Harbor. Our employees will be recognized for the great services provided while you were here. We look forward to welcome you back on your next visit to the area!

Bel Air, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We looked into spending a night in Baltimore for my husband's birthday. We wanted something within walking distance to great restaurants and activities. The Hyatt was absolutely great! They offered a romance weekend package that included your room, breakfast, late check-out, champagne and chocolate covered strawberries, and parking for under $250. We had a corner room with a king bed that overlooked the harbor. Everything was fabulous! When we checked in, Jennifer could not have been more helpful, and even called us shortly after we got into the room to make sure things were good. The room itself had a great view and everything was super clean and tidy. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was roomy and modern. The breakfast buffet at Bistro 300 was so good! Check out went smoothly and even when I discovered a discrepancy on my bill, the gentleman at the desk took the charge off quickly and without question. I would highly recommend this hotel!! We only live about an hour from Baltimore, but this overnight was well needed, and the Hyatt and its staff made us feel very special and we will most definitely be back soon!!

Room Tip: Corner rooms have the best views of the harbor!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear kswing:

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Baltimore. It's great to hear how much you enjoyed your husband's birthday celebration. We will make sure Jennifer is recognized for her tremendous customer service. Oftentimes, we hear enthusiastic feedback with regards to the delicious breakfast our Chefs prepare in Bistro 300. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon!

amsterdam
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Looks te me like a somewhat tired hotel... (similar to the Sheraton next door). Very attentive and friendly front desk staff however... Great and warm welcome at 12th floor executive level... Fellpoint seems to be the next hot-spot for hotels nowadays... that's where my next stay is gonna be at...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Hyatt Regency, Baltimore, for 3 nights, Nov. 1-4, while attending a conference. It is a fine hotel, but a surprising inattentiveness to details made ours a less than perfect stay. Though the weather had turned chilly, the hotel still seemed to have air conditioning on in its public areas, which we found distinctly cold. So was our room. The thermostat, when we first entered it, read 68 F, but it felt closer to 60 and we had to push up the heat to 76 before the room became comfortable. The bed had only a light coverlet; and when we looked for extra blankets in the closets, all we could find was a light sheet. The next morning my wife washed her hair and a few of her hair got left in the shower. Imagine our surprise 24 hours later when she went into the shower again and found the same hair in the same place. Obviously the shower had not been cleaned properly the previous day. We are tea rather than coffee drinkers in the morning. The first morning my wife found two tea bags of a really inferior brand of tea next to the coffee making machine, which we used. The following day they had not been replaced, with the result that we had to forego our morning tea. We also found that in the bathroom there were not enough places to hang the towels, just a small peg on the wall and a towel bar on the shower door. A few more racks would have been welcome.
Because we were there for a conference, the usual charge for wi-fi service was waived. A regular guest has to pay close to $10 a day for the Internet. In this day and age, where even coffee places like Starbucks can provide free Internet to their customers, surely one should be able to expect the same at a big Hyatt. Indeed, we found everything in the hotel to be overpriced, starting from parking ($28 a day, which again was reduced to $10 for members of our conference) to simple food items like burgers, as reviewer SuzanneinMD has pointed out.
The best feature of the hotel was the courtesy, promptness and helpfulness of the staff at the desk. Our queries about hooking up the laptop were answered at once and in full. Mr Chopra at the check-out desk was courteous and efficient. Other staff were always available to assist guests and answer queries.
All in all, we found the Hyatt a fine hotel which showed surprising inattentiveness to some small but important details.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

The cost is all based on the proximity to the Inner Harbor - the incredibly touristy area of Baltimore. It's quite lovely looking overall, as I have found most Hyatt Regency hotels. However, I was there on business - it's about a block from the convention center - burgers here were $17 plus $5 for fries. Two weeks ago I was at the Hyatt Regency Phoenix across from the convention center - a burger with fries was $11. The hotel in Phoenix is even arguably nicer.

Don't bother with Executive Floor - good food in there, for sure, but the club room is TINY and quite uncomfortable when too full.

Greatest service, oddly, was the subcontracted valets - I parked my own car, but they were incredibly friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

ive lived here all my life in baltimore and its known that "the hyatt by the harbor" is the nicest place to stay. So for new years eve i stayed here and finally seen what it was all about. perfect. Clean and upscale. Very inexpensive for a nice clean place that is walking distance from everything.

Room Tip: ask for a higher floored room to get a good view of baltimore
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Hello tony b!

Thank you for taking the time to share comments about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Baltimore. It's great to hear how much you enjoyed ringing in the New Year with us. We're glad that after all of these years, you were finally able to enjoy a great night with us. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again!

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate

Been to Hyatt Regency Baltimore? Share your experiences!