“I will definitely be back!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor

You added Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   301 W. Lombard Street, Baltimore, MD 21201 (Inner Harbor)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #19 of 59 Hotels in Baltimore
Midlothian
“I will definitely be back!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

When my company sends me to the area, I typically stay at a more expensive hotel just around the corner. While traveling with my family, I chose a less expensive hotel. Much to my surprise this was an excellent experience. The staff were very friendly (especially Jacinta!), the rooms were very nice, and the Aquarium was just a few blocks away. If I had anything negative to say it would be in the form of constructive criticism regarding cleanliness. The room only received a 4 rating because I purposely look in the nook and crannies when I travel. On the surface, the room was very clean. However, behind the curtains and corners can stand a little extra attention. Outside of this issue, the overall rating would have been a 5.
By the way, I was directly across from the fire station and I slept like a log!
I will definitely be returning to this location.

• Stayed July 2014
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to write a 4* review about your recent stay with us on Tripadvisor. We hope to be your hosts again on your next trip to Charm City!

Kind Regards,
Peter Komar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Garden City Beach, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We stayed over July 4th weekend. I am a travel agent and my stay was not very welcoming. Housekeeping staff was very rude and our room was not clean for two days. Had to go to front desk to get towels, coffee, shampoo, etc...The front desk staff was very friendly though. However, I do recommend them learning the area better. We wanted to go to DC Saturday for the day and they sent us to Camden yards. We sat, and sat, and sat and the MARC never came. Someone came and told us to go to Penn Station so we walked all the way to there and ended up being late. Totally messed up our day with 3 different staff members giving us incorrect information. Then we left yesterday morning at 7am for our flight to BWI and they told us to take the light rail. We spent $10 to sit and sit again only to find out the light rail did not begin service until 11am. We sat for an hour and wasted $10 of our money again for incorrect information given to us by the staff.

Green Features: FD staff was extremely nice but not the housekeeper for room 610. We asked her for several things and never brought them to us. Didn't clean our room one day and the next bed was only made...she left trash cans full, etc...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
tbcarroll,

Here at the Holiday Inn we are hospitality professionals who work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Please accept our sincere apology for the issues you experienced regarding your room accommodation. We have taken note of the points you've raised in this review and will share these with our Management team for future consideration.

While we understand that your stay was less than satisfactory, we hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Safe Travels,

Fairfax, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We spent one night here over July 4th, as we were in town to see the fireworks from the U.S.S. Constellation, Inner Harbor, etc. As this was a last-minute trip, we were unable to find kennel space for our dog, and based on location and being a pet-friendly hotel, we opted for the Holiday Inn Inner Harbor. First of all, clearly stated on the hotel's own website is the fact they gladly accept pets under 50lbs. Having a question, I called the property directly and was told the pet had to be under 30lbs. I called back the next day to clarify, and was told the pet had to be under 20lbs. Really? Are you people making this up as you go, or just have no idea what your actual policy is? At this point, not wanting to have an issue at check in (our dog is 45lbs), we found a pet-sitter and left Fido at home. Arriving at the hotel, we were directed to the hotel parking, which in actuality is a public parking garage/deck located next to the hotel. I opted for the underground garage, as we would not need our vehicle again until we left. There is NO signage prior to entry addressing the overhead clearance (we were in a full-size SUV), so after getting the ticket and passing the gate, I could finally see, in very small letters on the overhead "bumper bars" hanging from the roof, that the clearance was only 6 feet, and our vehicle would not fit. We had to back up the ramp and wait for an employee to raise the gate so we could get out and make our way to the outside parking deck. Check in was relatively quick, and we were able to get in to our room shortly after 1pm. Bottom line, this property at the very least needs a good cleaning. Getting out of the elevator on the 10th floor, we noticed cellophane wrappers, pieces of paper, a straw, and a large peach/apricot (?) pit on the floor, just around the corner from the elevators (see photo). This was here at 1pm on the day we arrived, and still there at 7:00am the next morning when we left. Apparently there is not too much vacuuming taking place in the public areas of this hotel. Our room (1023) was okay (at first). We dropped off our stuff and headed to the Inner Harbor, an easy 3-block walk. Arriving back late that night, we noticed the toilet was leaking, so we threw towels on the floor. The bathroom itself was full of mold and mildew (see photo). Apparently this leak had been going on for some time, and had flowed under the bathroom wall; the carpeting outside the bathroom in the sink/vanity area was completely soaked, which I found out when I walked over in my dry socks to brush my teeth. Going back to the whole pet policy issue for minute, I was thumbing through the hotel guest information book, and came across the pet policy page, which stated they will glady accept well behaved pets under 35lbs....in the course of 48 hours, I have 4 different weight limits given to me, am I suppossed to guess which one is actually correct? Upon check out, I informed the front desk of the water issue, and I will say to their credit that an adjustment was made on the price of our room, which is probably about the only real positive during this less than memorable stay.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the opposite side of Lombard Street.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Keith D,

Thanks for the review and sharing your opinion on the hotel.

West Hartford, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We stayed here for the Orioles-Rays game on June 27, 2014. The hotel is a 2 minute walk to the stadium and a 10 minute walk to the Inner Harbor. The rooms were clean and there was plenty of room for my son and I. We also walked to the Babe Ruth museum from here. It s great to park your car and forget about it. I wish the hotel had breakfast included but it was worth staying here for the convenience. The desk clerks were very nice. We would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We are pleased to know we were able to meet your needs during your stay. We have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Michigan Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I stayed here for a 4 day stay for work. There was a conference being held at the convention center which is only a block away from the hotel. Main reason I picked this hotel. My convention rate was 150/night. My room was on the 6 floor. Very quiet room next to stairwell. No view of harbor but that was OK with me. There is a Subway between this hotel and the conference center. I ate breakfast there each morning. Fast service. Outdoor seating if wanted as well. I ate in hotel restaurant once. The setting is fine. Clean, bright, pretty new. Seemed a little sterile. Only 2 other couples when I arrived at 6:30pm. The service was very slow. The food was very good when it finally arrived. The next morning I mentioned this at the counter for checkout and they gave me a free breakfast buffet coupon for that morning. $12 value. I went and used it right away. Plenty of food. Nicely presented. All very hot (when it was supposed to be) and cold (when it was supposed to be). The fresh fruit was delicious. Scrambled eggs/bacon. So overall a good experience. I would use this hotel again when I am in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you very much for very nice review about your stay with us. We are happy to serve you!! We hope that when you are in the Baltimore area you choose to stay with us again, we would be happy to have you.

Thank you again!

Dacula, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

This is a wonderful hotel that is within walking distance of the Inner Harbor. Rooms are nicely appointed. Downside is the front desk and some of the staff are rude and often not helpful. At peak checkout time there was only one person working at the front desk. Also, if you have a vehicle, be prepared to pay $25 per day to park.

Room Tip: Across the street from a large fire station. Get your room on the opposite side if possible so you w...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thanks for the review and sharing your opinion on the hotel.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I stayed at this location from April 23-25 earlier this year. My stay was "ok". However, I need to get a copy of my bill, and I have not been able to do so. I have called the hotel twice (Monday, June 23 and Tuesday, June 24) in an effort to get a copy of my bill, both times I was told it would be emailed to me. I had to repeat my email address on both occasions to the representative I spoke with and was told the email was sent but I have yet to receive it. I was going to try to email this location next, but I can't find any such contact information.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear Heather,

I am sorry that you feel that our Customer Service failed you two months after your check out, I checked with our Front Office Staff and i does appear that we were missing a letter in your email address. I am glad that Francis was able to get your receipt promptly to you once you emailed the hotel.

Best Regards,
Peter Komar

Been to Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor? Share your experiences!