“Good Value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   301 W. Lombard Street, Baltimore, MD 21201 (Inner Harbor)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #23 of 63 Hotels in Baltimore
East Windsor, New Jersey
“Good Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

My husband, myself and our three children ages 3, 5 & 8 stayed here for one night in July 2013. Upon arrival, you would think the hotel is shut down. It appears they are rennovating the front entrance so you have to enter either through the parking garage or around the side. Once entering the hotel it was a different story. It was updated, clean and the staff was friendly. Our double room had a slight cheese/unfresh odor but not heavy enough to change rooms or report, I chalk it up to a hotel having many different people with different scents staying there. The room was spacious and clean. One of the beds was saggy in the middle but the other was firm. Our youngest son stayed in his pack and play which there was plenty of room for. We used the pool at night and the lifeguard was on top of unruley kids which I wanted to mention because I read a review to the contrary. The kids loved the pool and the water temp was great. It was very close to the Ball Park and Inner Harbor. It was so hot, however, that we took the free orange route bus to the aquarium, worked out perfect!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thanks a million for taking the time to write a review. We are improving our front entrance, and it will both freshen the appearance as well as improve the overall accessibility. Our improvements will continue into the fall, and we anticipate the periodic replacements of mattresses into the fall. Thanks for noting the efforts of our lifeguard as well. It's not easy staying on top of kids, as it can be a fine line between exuberant and unruly. We hope you continue to use us, and we look forward to "wowing" you with our continuing improvements.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
High Point, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights in July. Room was clean. Did not eat at the hotel. Hotel is undergoing renovation, but it was not a major inconvenience. Hotel is within walking distance if the Inner Harbor - a 15 minute walk. One criticism and compliment ... My wife had to request coffee both mornings because the staff did not keep our room supplied, but on a positive note, the staff was quick to respond and conscientious to follow up to make sure we were satisfied.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
J4Justice,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with here at the Holiday Inn Inner Harbor. It’s saddening to see that we couldn’t provide you with a 5* stay, Thanks for advising us of your dissatisfaction, we will use it in our training to better improve our services. I will certainly touch base with our Operations Team on why we failed to get your in room coffee. We hope you visit us again to see our improved services.

Yours in Hospitality,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed here last august for a Ballgame, when came again this year to see the birds stomp the Yankees. After we stayed last year i wrote a letter tonthe hotels Manager, Peter Komar, he was the nicest, caring and polite gentleman i have ever dealt with he offered his services and took care of us again year.

He told us to.contact in house reservations and we dealt with Richard McSweeney, he arranged a beautiful studio suite for us and a breath taking in room surprise of local Baltimore cookies,candies and wine. Even before we arrived Richard sent us a list of local dining and weekend activities.

The extra highlight of this stay was when we were coming back from the game it started to down pour when we got back a young man named Lamar was handing out warm towels and cool water, my son even said " that man is so cool he gave us towels"

I really love this hotel and sorry Pete i will be emailing you for reservations when our Os take and Red Sox in October.

• Stayed June 2013
Thanks for the great review, We look forward to hosting you on your next trip tp Baltimore to see our O's play!

Best Regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel on a Mon - Thursday for a family getaway, the location is perfect right across from ball park and only a couple of blocks away from the inner harbor.

Our room was large and clean, and had a fridge and microwave in the room. Which was nice to have so we could store snacks for the kids

Yes the hotel is under some MAJOR renovation however the hotel has made a welcome station at the entrance of temporary entrance, the young lady who worked it "z" was the greatest, she was so nice to our kids and gave out candy and water as we checked in.

Two other stand outs were John Hat the Front Desk, he was polite and patient even with my kids being figidy . He checked us in quickly and with a smile, even called the room later to make sure our stay was ok. Another staff member Richard M (manager or concierge ?? I'm not sure) was outstanding. He gave us maps and recommendations on the "local" spots.( you got to try Heavy Seas and Vacarros worth a trip to Baltimore in itself) and when we got back to our room there was a welcome back gift of bottle water local Baltimore cookies and a coupon to try there new local coffee shop downstairs. Even a rubber duck in the bathroom for the kids.

So in short we will be back to visit a great city and see my friends. Z , John and Richard

• Stayed June 2013
Wow, Thanks for taking the time to write up such a great review. Your right Z and John are two great team players and are always willing to go the extra mile for our guests.

Glad you enjoyed your stay,

Aberdeen, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I really don't like to spread negativity but if I can save another person from being robbed then it'll be worth it.
I stayed at this hotel from July 6th-7th, I was working at a two-day festival at the nearby M&T Bank stadium so I was gone most of the day, both days.
I checked out Sunday morning (before going to work at the festival) and left my bag in the bell closet. I wasn't able to return until late evening (around 9pm) to pick it up and noticed that it was the only bag left in there. I retrieved my bag and thought nothing more of it until I got home around an hour and a half later and realized my purse was not in there.
I called the hotel and spoke to a bubbly lady called Marilyn, who was apparently the manager. She checked the closet and didn't see anything in there (of course she wouldn't, my bag was zipped when I left it, so there was no way a purse could just fall out). I expressed my concerns that my purse had been stolen from either my room (while I was gone all say Sunday) or someone had unzipped my bag and taken it while it was in the bell closet. She said, in the same bubbly manner, she knows all the staff who work there and no-one would do a thing like that. I am not sure how she can be so sure about this, unless there are cameras in the closet. You can never vouch for anyone's character 100%.
She told me to leave a message with the housekeeping manager to see if it had been handed in to lost and found. I did and when he called back he said no-one had found a purse and so it's not at the hotel.
I didn't even bother to call back and complain because I know it will all just get brushed aside and they will stick up for their staff and it will be my word against theirs. Plus I've spent the whole day cancelling my credit, debit and store cards.
I just don't understand how people can be so evil to steal something property of a hotel guest.
I realize I am partly to blame for leaving my purse in my room and then leaving an unlocked bag in the bell closet and I will now be a lot less trusting of people.
In conclusion, I am not commenting on the hotel itself (it's a nice place, room décor is excellent, nice restaurant and location) However, I feel that the matter could have been taken more seriously and Marilyn's tone so blasé it was as if I was calling about a missing sock!
Please, please lock up all your valuables when staying here...think twice about leaving anything valuable in your room or in their bell closet.
I hope the person who took my purse enjoyed themselves with stolen money. I believe that they will get what they deserve eventually

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. I'm sorry you were disappointed by Marilyn's handling of this matter, and I'd invite you to contact my office at the hotel in an effort to get closure on this matter.
Arlington, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

They were renovating the front entrance but it didn't take away from a good experience. The staff was very helpful, even offering us the use of an umbrella when it looked like it might rain when we were going out one morning The hotel is an easy walk to Camden Yards. The Inner Harbor is a few more blocks, but if you go have breakfast at Miss Shirley's Cafe (750 East Pratt), you'll have plenty of energy the rest of the day. Public transportation is easy to use as well. We went to Fort McHenry (a must-see for history buffs) on a bus for free. The Pratt Street Ale House (206 W. Pratt) provided an excellent place to eat, just a couple blocks from the hotel, too. The breakfast buffet at the hotel was one of the best we've seen.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Glrob54,

Thanks for the 4* review, sorry about the Front entrance, as we are approaching our 50th anniversary we needed a little make over out front. I’m glad it didn’t hinder your overall good experience. We will post this reviews around the kitchen, that was a huge compliment, Thanks. Sounds like you hit some of the great eateries around too!!

Thanks again and Safe Travels.

Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn while attending a conference at the Baltimore Convention Center. The hotel is just one block away from the convention center, making it a very convenient home base during the conference. Plus, its location in the Inner Harbor puts you close to lots of other attractions (such as Camden Yards and the National Aquarium), shopping, and restaurants. It is also very quick to get from the hotel to other neighborhoods in Baltimore, which are definitely worth exploring. The hotel itself is very nice as well - my room was very clean and comfy, and the staff at the front desk were friendly and helpful. If you're looking for a quality hotel with a great location that won't break the bank, this is it!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Sotto1031,

Thanks for the 5* review, I’m glad you enjoyed our Downtown location in Charm city. Glad our Front Office team was able to deliver some great hospitality and you found quality and value in your stay.

We hope to host you again.

Peter Komar

Been to Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor? Share your experiences!