“Helpful, friendly staff made the stay comfortable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   301 W. Lombard Street, Baltimore, MD 21201 (Inner Harbor)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #23 of 63 hotels in Baltimore
GreenLeadersSilver level
Palatine, Illinois
“Helpful, friendly staff made the stay comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I worked a tradeshow at the Baltimore convention center and this was a "show" hotel. All the other "show" hotels were booked and Holiday Inn would not have been my first choice. That said, I think I got more staff attention at Holiday Inn than I get at Marriotts and Hiltons. The staff anticipated needs and 1. got me into cabs fast 2. guessed that I would like to know a shortcut to the convention center 3. were consistently professional, smiling, and offering helpful advice. My colleague stayed in the old tower and said his room was shabby. My room was in the newer tower and in good shape; the bad part is you have to walk outside across a covered driving lane to get to the newer tower. This hotel was just around the block from the convention center and pretty convenient. Again, the staff made all the difference.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Mary,

Thanks for the review, Im happy to see we surpassed your expectations. Perhaps we will see you the next convention go around in our town!

Best Regards,

439 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Had to be in BArtimore for business. Thought I would try a new place so Holiday Inn Inner harbor. Great people on staff in the hotel and resturant. And plenty of things in walking distance. Short trip to the convention center. Super views from my room.

Room Tip: Enjoy all the hotel has to offer
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Walt,

Thanks for the review, I’m happy to see you enjoyed our hotel and the views of the Charm City landscape.

Safe Travels,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a few nights in March. Probably the worst mattresses I have ever slept on, really worn( I did not however request another room as I generally don't like to make a fuss) . The bathroom was my biggest issue. The sink sits right next to the toilet and you could see "splatter" all over the side of the sink. I just cleaned it myself with cleaning wipes. The other thing that bugged me was there are big 1-2" gaps under every door... not much for privacy. Also the advertise they have a business center but at the time i was there none if the computers woyld work with the printer and no one really knew what to do to fix it.You can tell it is an older hotel that has been remodeled in the last few yrs , mostly surface remodel. I personally did not feel safe at night outside the hotel... People laying on the street, asking for money etc..

• Stayed March 2013
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
CWB,

Thanks for advising us about your most recent stay. Please call the hotel directly and ask for the Executive Housekeeper, Chief Engineer or myself so I we can find out what room you were in an swap out the mattress immediately.

New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I recently returned from a 2 night stay with my girlfriend at this hotel which was for both business and pleasure and I cannot say enough about the customer service at this property. The property itself was clean, centrally located and spacious, it had everything that we needed. But what really put this hotel over the top for me was the customer service. Every one that I came in contact with could not be more welcoming. I arrived late the first night and was greeted by Dawn. After getting upstairs I realized I forgot my toothbrush and called down to the desk, Dawn very generously offered to bring one up to the room. Within 2 minutes of hanging up the phone I was greeted kindly by a bellman with toothbrush and toothpaste in hand.

The next night after a long day we were starving and decided to order room service. Keisha took our order and told us the food would arrive within 30 minutes. After roughly 30 minutes of waiting I called down to check the status of the food. It probably was less than 30 but I was starving and probably slightly impatient. Keisha answered again and explained she was on the way up. Sure enough a minute later she was knocking on the door and offered to bring the food in for us. We had a brief convo and joked a little bit with Keisha about how hungry we were while she set up our order. Just in case Keisha is reading.. The apple tart and ice cream you recommended was amazing and hit the spot!

The last day I returned to the desk multiple times and was able to speak with Dannie, Alisha and Jacinta. I wasn't afraid to keep coming back to them because each time I spoke to these ladies they greeted me with the biggest smiles and just had such a welcoming vibe. Within the next couple of months I have to make a couple more trips down to Baltimore and because of the people working in this hotel, I will absolutely be staying here.

Antonio,

Wow, Thanks for all the shout outs to the staff members, I’m glad they all made a memorable stay for you. We do have a great team working here and words like are especially inspiring to see that all the hard work is showing off. I will share your compliments with the staff.
I hope to meet you next time; we will have some Ice Cream and Apple Tarts ready!!

Best Regards,
Jerusalem, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

The Holiday Inn Inner Hartor at Baltimore is located just one block from the convention center, which is very convenient. It has all required amenities, including free wifi connection, and the staff is very friendly and welcoming.

BUT:
1. I arrived at 10:30 in the morning with a colleague, and the receptionist told us happily that they have the rooms available for us (although it was way before check-in time). Nonetheless, when we arrived at our rooms, they were both still occupied... Miscoordination between housekeeping and the reception. We were compensated by breakfast vouchers, which was nice.
2. I would have not mentioned the previous incident if it wasn't for this one as well: on the day of my departure, I requested to extend the check-out time by 1 hour. It was granted. I arrived back at the hotel 15 minutes before my shuttle was supposed to arrive, and found that my key card was cancelled. Frustrated, I called reception from the corridor, explained the situation and the fact I'm in a hurry (I wanted to change before the flight), and she said she'd send someone (to help, so I thought). I'm waiting near my room with my stuff locked inside, and after 5 minutes comes a security guy that tells me that the key card is apparently cancelled, and I should go to reception to change it. Why didn't she tell me that in the first place? I rush to reception, and the same receptionist who granted me the check-out extension just a few hours before now asks to see an ID as if I'm a complete stragner! I nearly exploded, especially when she justified by "Hotel regulations". Hiding behind irrelevant regulations instead of being attentive to the guest needs and situation is one of the things that can ruin the entire experience from a hotel.

Bottom line: Next time I'm in Baltimore, I'd definitely go back to this hotel, but I sure would hope that the coordination between housekeeping and reception is improved as well as the sensitivity of the receptionists to the requests of their guests.

Roy,

Thanks for the 5 Star review. I’m happy to see that you enjoyed our proximity, amenities, free wifi and staff.
I would also like to take a moment to apologize for miscommunication between departments, this has been addressed with the apporiate departments to ensure it we are all on the same page, My apologies that you had to experience what you did.
We certainly hope to see you the next time you are in Baltimore!!

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I just wanted to tell you how professional and attentive Jonathan was this past Wednesday in helping me meet the needs of the attendees at the National Seminars Training class. He made me feel very welcome and that I was in good hands. Please thank him again for me and tell him that I truly appreciate him going above and beyond in supporting us.

Alexis,

Thanks for the 5 Star review, we are glad that you event went off well. Jonathan is an excellent team member and always willing to go the extra mile. I’ll make sure he sees your comments.

Yours in Hospitality,

College Station, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

The rooms are spacious, but not necessarily impressive. It is clear this is an old hotel that has been refurbished. The 'closet' is just a bar by the door, i.e., one has to hide the undies when visitors come over...

I am very allergic to mites, which means I am a walking mite detector. The readings are on 'high' which means it is time to replace mattress and pillows. Little shop is massively overpriced: $3.50 for a granola bar that I got for $1.50 at the grocery store? Wow.

The fitness room has some treadmills that I used daily. Weight machines are 1984.

Small nice gestures are the granola bars and popcorn. Only advantage of this place is the proximity to the convention center.

Room Tip: Do not choose a room that ends in 11 or 13. These are right next to the elevator. Go for a high floo...
Helmut K,

Wow, I’m sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at the hotel. Please give me a call so we can further discuss your stay. 410 685 3500

Peter Komar

Been to Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor? Share your experiences!