“Nothing Special” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor

You added Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   301 W. Lombard Street, Baltimore, MD 21201 (Inner Harbor)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #25 of 60 Hotels in Baltimore
Rochester, New York
“Nothing Special”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Hotel has a very nice and modern lobby but the rooms caould use some help. The beds were comfortable but I had to have someone come up and change the sheets as they were not clean. The bathrooms are small and there was mold on the door. There was two different colors of paint on the bathroom door where it looks they were trimming around the mirror but gave up.

The staff was friendly and quick to help with the sheets and extra towels. Also, this is a great location that is within walking distance to a lot of attactions.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Ms. Sherman,

Please allow me to apologize for any inconvenience or negative impression this might have caused you. Thanks for the kudos on our staff. I understand the your frustration for issues that you experienced and I have taken personal note of your review to share with our staff to ensure that future guest stays’ are nothing short of superior. These reviews are of great importance to us in allowing us to continually monitor and improve our guest rooms and service. We hope that you come back in the future and see how your feedback generated great results at our hotel.

Peter Komar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

The Holiday Inn Inner Harbor is decent choice. Nice rooms, comfy beds, nice staff etc. However, I have to list the glitches that might make the difference between having a great experience or a bad one.
1. It's right next to a fire station. If it's a busy time, you'll hear frequent sirens in the middle of the night and all day long.
2. Bathrooms are a little claustrophobic.
3. Parking is $25 dollars a night. Ouch!!
4. If you get the munchies or need a cola fix in the middle of the night, no vending machines. The lobby 'cafe' is only open til 10.
5. The auxiliary tower is not attached to the main lobby/pool/etc., so if it's dead of winter, you have to walk outside to get to the pool, restaurant, lobby, bar, etc.
6. Not right in the middle of the action. A few blocks walk to the waterfront, cool restaurants, malls, etc.
7. Pool, sauna and average gym in a rather cavernous, underground space...but no hot tub/whirlpool. To me this is what I need most at the end of a long, hard day.
So, not so sure I couldn't have found a better choice for the same price closer to the bay/marina area and closer to the action.
Just chose wisely before booking. Not bad, but not great.

Room Tip: No really great views.
HurricaneHelper,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Inner Harbor. Thanks for the compliments on our staff, rooms, location and beds. I’m sorry that you found parking expensive, we do regular checks with the area, and I can ensure you that $25 dollars is in par with what others charge Downtown Baltimore. We do have Cola vending machines on every other floor of our West Tower, sorry that you were not aware of them. Also, thank you for being a volunteer and helping out some local families and companies. The city greatly appreciates your services.
Yours in Hospitality,

Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Inner Harbor twice in the past 2 months after attending the meetings in the area. Each stay was for one night. The hotel is clean and has a relaxed atmosphere. The entrance is discreet in that it simply right off from busy Lombard Street in Downtown Baltimore. The Front Desk Staff, Coffee Shop and wait staff (Brian and Igor) are all very professional and truly excellent. I stayed in the Main Building the first time and had a view of Camden Yards and the West Tower on my Second Visit (think ultra, modern boutique style room), 1125 for my first visit and 1040 for my second visit.

The King sized bed is extremely comfortable as are the pillows and comforter. I liked the layout of the room which is spacious and the sink and bathroom are well set up and comfortable too. You really don't want to miss the Breakfast buffet. The food and wait service is truly the best. I enjoyed the Godfather omelet along with coffee and freshly squeezed orange juice. Room service was prompt and Bellmen are simply the best and quite helpful. One even went out to bring me ice and several bottles of soda pop upon my checking in pretty tired. Overall, you will find your stay highly enjoyable. Alisha at the Hotel is the simply the best. When I returned to the property a few weeks later, she recognized me and personally greeted me .Considering the price, which I got via www.Priceline.com, this hotel was simply the best and I certainly got more than my money's worth.

All in All, . I travel quite often and rarely encounter people who love their job and hotel like these folks.The rooms are very clean, the pool and work center meets my needs and the staff is on top of their game providing excellent service. Can't beat the shopping/dining around the Inner Harbor. Would recommend to anyone looking for a place to stay both for business and pleasure.

Room Tip: West Tower Rooms Are Newer
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Winston.

Thanks for the 5 Star review; we agree Brian, Alisha and Igor are all great team players and a joy to work every day. I’m glad you enjoys in both of our towers. We hope to see you again on you next visit to Charm City.

Central, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I stayed here for a conference for work (so they chose location) for 5 nights, and it was such a good choice. The hotel was clean, modern and attractive environment. It has all the amenities, fitness center, pool, store, bar, restaurant, computer center, etc. it is within walking distance to the mariner arena (basically next door), Camden yards (one block!), inner harbor, food markets, little Italy, etc etc. it is across the street from a fire station though! But I had ,y fan on every night and didn't even notice, probably because the bed was so comfortable that I slept no problem! The staff in every area of the hotel was friendly, helpful and accommodating Very pleased with my stay! Would definetly stay again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Thank you for the 5 Star review and we are pleased to see that we met your need while traveling on the road for work, which we know can sometimes be stressful .We also would like to thank you for the great feedback about the great service that Holiday Inn staff provides our guests. We look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to Baltimore!

Yours in Hospitality,

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

From the moment we arrived to the time we departed, our entire experience was incredible. The lobby was clean up to date with a terrific coffee shop to boot! The employees were friendly and helpful, suggested areas to visit. Our suite was clean and and expansive. The flat screen TV's
were a nice assest. The food in the resturant was great and the waitstaff very attentive. We very much enjoyed our trip and will visit this Holiday Inn again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Thank you so very much for taking the time to-do a survey about your stay with us. We are glad to see that you had a pleasant stay with us

We hope to see you again, Safe Traveling.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I was in town a few weeks ago for the yankees game and this hotel was everything I needed. Great location, great price, and great service!! Special thanks to Richard for recommending some good local hot spots. Thanks again!

I'll be sure to book here for my next game!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for your comments. Yankees games are a big draw for our hotel and city. We hope to see you again next year, when our O's take on the Yanks.

Southeast Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

....bathroom, bed and pillows.

This hotel was in a very good location - a block from the convention center, a block from the train to the airport, and a few blocks from the Hippodrome, stadiums and arena. However, the location doesn't make up for the shortcomings.

- The bathroom was divided with toilet and bath tub in a small, low-ceilinged room with no fan and no ventilation. The walls and tub were plastic and the room smelled like a mildewed, sour rag. This odor took over the rest of the hotel room if you didn't keep the door shut. The wide sink was out in a larger, open area that was carpeted (silly with a sink) and had dim lighting, requiring some acrobatics in order to get close to the mirror for a decent shave.
- One side of the bed was sagging, as if it had seen too much action.
- There were 4 well-used, bunched up square pillows. Not one of them comfortable (and after the first night housekeeping gave up the charade of putting the "firm" and "soft" bands around them).

Check-in person was very friendly, but no rewards program (I'm a member) mentioned. Breakfast was quite good, as was the service with it.

Unless you find some great deal, this one really isn't worthwhile.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thanks for the feedback we appreciate it. We will work on some the service errors, thanks for the advising us of them. Also, Thanks for the kind comments on location, restaurant quality, and front desk friendliness. I apologize that we did not recognize your member status as well. Again thanks for taking the time to write.

Kind Regards,
Peter Komar

Been to Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor? Share your experiences!