“Bring Your Own....” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   301 W. Lombard Street, Baltimore, MD 21201 (Inner Harbor)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #25 of 69 hotels in Baltimore
GreenLeadersSilver level
Southeast Michigan
“Bring Your Own....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

....bathroom, bed and pillows.

This hotel was in a very good location - a block from the convention center, a block from the train to the airport, and a few blocks from the Hippodrome, stadiums and arena. However, the location doesn't make up for the shortcomings.

- The bathroom was divided with toilet and bath tub in a small, low-ceilinged room with no fan and no ventilation. The walls and tub were plastic and the room smelled like a mildewed, sour rag. This odor took over the rest of the hotel room if you didn't keep the door shut. The wide sink was out in a larger, open area that was carpeted (silly with a sink) and had dim lighting, requiring some acrobatics in order to get close to the mirror for a decent shave.
- One side of the bed was sagging, as if it had seen too much action.
- There were 4 well-used, bunched up square pillows. Not one of them comfortable (and after the first night housekeeping gave up the charade of putting the "firm" and "soft" bands around them).

Check-in person was very friendly, but no rewards program (I'm a member) mentioned. Breakfast was quite good, as was the service with it.

Unless you find some great deal, this one really isn't worthwhile.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thanks for the feedback we appreciate it. We will work on some the service errors, thanks for the advising us of them. Also, Thanks for the kind comments on location, restaurant quality, and front desk friendliness. I apologize that we did not recognize your member status as well. Again thanks for taking the time to write.

Kind Regards,

417 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

From the moment we got there we were warmly greeted by the front desk clerk. Went to our suite an found it very cozy. It was extremely clean and tidy. The bed was super comfortable, which is something in itself for people who travel to find. The hotel had everything we needed, a coffee shop for the mornings, a wonderful and very tasty rest., as well as a lounge for alittle bit of vino and a snack before back to the room for the evening. The pool was clean and enjoyable. What I must say besides all of the above is the staff. The ENTIRE staff was just fabulous. I had all my families needs attended to in a fast and accurate manner. The polite attitude of all was truly appreciated. I ordered room service at 9:30 on Friday the 19th, a young lady took my call and brought my food promptly, she was so delightful and so sincere in the way she handled herself. We have all had staff who just do their jobs, NOT this staff in the slight. I am looking forward to my next trip and staying at this hotel again. Sincerely, Kathy Silver

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I am very pleased to see that you enjoyed our breakfast and that you had a great time. I am also glad that you found comfort in our hotel . The team here hopes that you will come visit us again!

Best Regards,
Hershey, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

The hotel was clean and comfortable and reasonably priced with a heated indoor pool. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The restaurant was ordinary but there are plenty of other choices nearby. I would stay there again and would recommend it to friends.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Bird_17033,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We appreciate the kudos for our staff and have passed this review along to all of them to read. We hope to see you again in your future travel to the area!

Kind Regards,

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We checked into this hotel late friday night (midnight) as we were traveling to Baltimore for the marathon. After checking in, we found our way to our room and after turning on the lights discovered garbage and old food sitting on the dressers/night stands. It appeared as if the bed was made and there were new towels in the bathroom, so we called to confirm we weren't in someone else's room. The front desk attendant told us this was our room and that there weren't any other rooms available, however she would send someone over to clean up the mess. My fiance then picked up the garbage and put it into a bag and when the employee that was sent came to our door (promptly) and he gave him the garbage. We just wanted to go to sleep as we needed to get up at 6AM the next morning. I then went to shower and discovered the shower was not cleaned, as there was old soap and shampoo stuck to the sides of the bathtub. We called for a wakeup call and the front desk attendant asked if everything else was ok. We told her the shower was not clean and we'd like it cleaned the next day. After the race (around noon) we found our way back to a still dirty room. I thought we would at least have been first on the list to get it cleaned since we slept in an dirty room. We then went to the front desk and the lady assured us she would give us a discount and a new room at 4 oclock. My fiance had to shower in a dirty bathroom as he had just run 26 miles. At 4Pm we called the front desk and they said they would send someone over with new keys for us. At 5:15 no one had contacted us in any way. We called the front desk again and they told us they were waiting on a cart for our luggage. We told them we had plans at 5:30 and would move our luggage ourselves, could they please bring the keys, they apologized and said yes. At 5:30 no one had made their way to our room. Since we had plans to meet friends, I then went to the front desk where 3 ladies were helping others check in. I asked for our new room keys and they said they hadn't assigned it yet. I am not sure why it took 5 1/2 hours for someone to do that task but I felt it was absolutely the worst service i have ever seen at a hotel. I would expect this type of service at a MOTEL. You advertised your venue as being the place to stay for runners during the Baltimore marathon but no one went out of their way to make our stay right and they had plenty of time to do so. We were going to check out and stay at the Marriott across the street but thenthe lady at the front desk assured us she would take care of it, and sadly she failed as well.

We paid over $400 to stay in the facility for 2 nights. 1 night and most of the next day was in a dirty room. I compare it to a hostel when I was telling our friends about our hotel. Saturday night was much better but having to harass the employees to get what we should have received in the first place is not how I imagined our stay. We will most likely never stay in a Holiday Inn again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Lisa,

We're sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction during your recent stay with us. Please allow me to apologize for any inconvenience or negative impression this might have caused you. Our management has taken note of this and proper action has been taken to ensure that situations of this nature will not reoccur in the future. I would like to thank you for your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. Please feel free to contact me so we can discuss this further.

Scotch Plains, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I checked into this hotel for 1 night October 13, 2012. I was in town for the Morgan Homecoming Festivities. Morgan State University was an easy 15 minute ride from the hotel. They call this an inner harbor hotel, but you can not see inner harbor from here, and its about a 10 minute walk to the waterfront. Self-Parking is $25 which I thought was high, but you do have in and out privileges. Bed was comfortable, but hot water in the morning did not last longer than 5 minutes. I would probably stay in another hotel closer to the harbor when I come again. I got this hotel for a decent price by bidding on Priceline the night before for $80, the going rate was $159, so i saved 50%. The catch is you don't know what hotel you are going to get. You can pick the area, which I picked Inner Harbor, and you can pick the star level. In this case, I chose 3 stars and above. All and all, I was happy for the price I paid.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor. I was on the 2nd floor and the view from the window was a huge air condition...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Chanoine78,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am glad that you had a good experience in Baltimore and found our room accommodations suitable for your needs. I would like to apologize for the Hot water issues you experienced. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Yours in Hospitality,
Albany, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Our recent stay at this Holiday Inn property was pleasant but not remarkable. The location is very good, especially if you want to be near the inner Harbor or Camden yards. The room was average but very comfortable. I will say the quality of the sheets on the beds was outstanding and made for a very good night sleep. When we checked in the hotel was obviously very crowded and on occasion, when I needed to speak to someone at the front desk there was quite a line and they didn't seem to have enough help. The cost for staying here can vary considerably so if you are flexible in your plans you can shop for lower rates. We had a very good rate but had to change our weekend dates and ended up coming over the Baltimore Marathon weekend. That boosted our price per night by $60. Overall it's a nice clean reliable place to stay if you can get it for the right price.

• Stayed October 2012
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Thanks for the review and we are pleased to see you found our bedding and rooms comfortable. Glad you enjoyed our location in the heart of Charm City. We hope to see you again during your next visit to Baltimore!

Yours in Hospitality,
NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I stayed here recently for a game at Camden Yards. The hotel is in a fantastic location for the park as it was only about a 5 minute walk. however our room was on the first floor next to the street and the elevator so it was very loud. The sidewalk leading from the ballpark was literally outside our window so there was heavy foot traffic for hours before and after the game.

The room itself was decent, but small as we only had a single bed. There was a microwave which was a plus. There is a coffee shop in the lobby that sells bagels and such for morning, but a bit on the expensive side.

Overall, a decent place to stay, just ask for a room not on street level!

Room Tip: Ask for a room not on street level.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to share your review. While we were full, and a handful of rooms are smaller than our main rooms, often we can accommodate a request to move rooms. Anyway, please consider us again when you return to Baltimore.