“Excellent for a weekend break” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   550 Light St, Baltimore, MD 21202-6099   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #13 of 59 Hotels in Baltimore
Newport, United Kingdom
“Excellent for a weekend break”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

My 2 sons and I stayed at the Sonesta having travelled from the UK to watch the Patriots play the Ravens. Pick chose this hotel due to its excellent location - it overlooks the Inner Harbor, it is close to plenty of bars and restaurants, and is walking distance to both the Ravens NFL and Orioles MLB stadia.

The hotel itself was nice; stayed in a room that overlooked the Harbor and was large in size and comfortably appointed. There was a decent sized TV in the room as well as one in the bathroom. The beds were very comfy and the room was clean. Facilities include a racquetball court, an outdoor tennis court, a well stocked gym and a pool and jacuzzi. We ate out during our 3 day stay so I cannot comment on the food but the service throughout was what I always hope I get when I stay away - courteous and efficient.

Overall, it was an enjoyable visit and the hotel certainly contributed to it.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Bob_Haislip, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear Celtic_traveller165, Thank you for your review of our property during your recent visit to the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court. I appreciate you taking the time to share your stay and experience with the rest of the TripAdvisor Community. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and the staff and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

stayed here for a meeting. the hotel is a little dated, but well kept up. great location, and staff were very courteous. Only stayed for a night, so can't say much about the dinning options or other facilities.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear dinningforfun, Thank you for the review of our property. Thank you for mentioning our courteous staff and great location. Perhaps your travels will bring you back to Baltimore and the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court for pleasure instead of business. We look forward to having the opportunity to be of service to you in the future.
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

We loved this hotel, staff were super friendly and helpful, the quality of the room (great beds, spacious, clean) and facilities is very high and the location right by the harbour can't be beaten in this city. I stumbled across this hotel on a hotel reservation site offering a great deal so decided to try it out. We are a family of five and had two interconnecting rooms. We used the well-equipped gym, loved the food in the coffee shop and the concierge was able to obtain a reservation for us at short notice for a very popular restaurant. The day we checked out of the hotel a huge snow storm descended on the city at the same time as the Ravens were playing, consequently, cabs were no where to be found. We needed to get a cab to the train station and were quite worried that we would miss our train. The door staff at the hotel were incredibly helpful and went to great lengths to secure a cab for us in awful weather conditions. If I were ever to visit Baltimore again, I would definitely stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: YOu can choose a Harbour view or a city view - harbour view costs a little more but is worth it if y...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
DearAdeleAustralia, Thank you for your 5 star review of our property. I am delighted to hear that you and your enjoyed your stay with us and at the same time sorry to hear that it ended with having to travel in such bad weather. I am pleased to hear that our staff was most helpful and courteous with securing your transportation and that you enjoyed your stay with us. The staff and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

The hotel location is very good. It felt like the hotel wanted to imitate Waldorf Astoria (probably they are not). Check in lady wasn't nice, but check out ladies were nice. Hotel room was ok. Our bed skirt wasn't neatly tucked in and had stain in it. The furniture was old and TV was not HD but analog. Also the refrigerator was old too. Only thing that was new was the coffee machine. We sort of had the harbor view. That was very nice. I don't think I wanna stay there again since I like things more updated. Room was comfortable and big enough for three people. Other than the location I wasn't impress with the hotel at all.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Lutty82, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court with us. It is very troubling to hear that you did not fully enjoy your stay with us. Comments such as yours help us to identify our shortcomings and we thank you for your honesty. Your comments have been shared with our staff to ensure these types of issues are not repeated in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful rooms and beds with dynamic views of the Inner Harbor! Friendly and professional staff..world class dining! Regal atmosphere...nicely decorated. Close to shops restaurants and other venues.... A Royal Experience!

• Stayed December 2013
Dear LarrynCathyG, Thank you for your review of our property and for the wonderful comments about our property and staff. Our Harborview rooms offer a spectacular view of the city and all it has to offer. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

I have never in my entire life...

I arrived to the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore at approx. 6:25p.m for a dinner meeting and I dropped my car to the valet. I thoroughly enjoyed my dinner which was cream of crab soup and a side of spinach. The bartender was very accommodating. Approximately 9:55 I went to retrieve my car from valet and I was made to wait for 30 minutes before I was told my keys were lost. My dinner guest and I then sat for another hour while they looked for my keys. As I sat I over heard two upset couples discussing how the valet had just had an accident with their cars which alarmed me all the more. Around midnight the front desk told me they would call Pop- A- Lock to make me a key. At this point I calling my sitter and and trying to figure out how my son will eat his next meal because I had planned on bringing him food and asking her to keep him longer because I was stranded at the hotel. Around 1:45 my keys are ready and I drive all the way to White Marsh where I arrive at 2:31 a.m. I leave an email with the front desk person J. and she calls me and lets me know if I bring a receipt she will give me cash for the rental car lost keys fee. I drive in the snow over 32 miles to get to Bwi Alamo and then I get to the hotel approx. 3:11. I am told be the front desk person J. it has to be actually charged I am given the phone to authorize Alamo charging me and there is no easy fix. I was talked to twice trying to stay calm before the pressure of my hungry baby and ideas of my safety in the snow brought me to tears. I told her all I want is the money I am out and I will leave. After waiting and telling me all that she needed she came out with money and although it is $3.00 short I take it because I have to get back to my child and the snow was worsening in my area. Earlier I asked how would I be compensated for my time, gas, sitter, etc... and then and only then did she offer me a one night stay. This one night stay to me was laughable considering I basically spent one night in the lobby already. I was more than patient and calm. I have never been treated like this in my life. Customer Service must not be a priority!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Bob_Haislip, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear QueenWinslow, I wanted to follow up after our phone conversation and hope that the resolution we discussed has been met to your satisfaction. Please know we strive for customer satisfaction and in this instance we did not live up to our standards. My sincerest apology for the inconveniences you experienced. If in the future there is anything I can do to be of service to you, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Lincolnville, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

We stay at this hotel about once a year, for our wedding anniversary. It's nicely located--at the Inner Harbor-- well-run, clean, quiet,comfortable and reasonably priced. The front desk staff, bellmen, parking valets are all very helpful and accomodating. We had another great experience here this year-- and we'll be back next year.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Steve3434, Thank you for the 5 Star review of our property and the kind comments regarding our staff and property. I am delighted to hear you and your wife enjoyed your yearly anniversary stay with us. The staff and I look forward to welcoming you back in December 2014.

Been to Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore? Share your experiences!