“Fantastic Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   550 Light St, Baltimore, MD 21202-6099   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free parking & breakfast!
Ranked #10 of 69 hotels in Baltimore
Alabama
“Fantastic Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

From our arrival till our departure simply a fantastic experiance. The hotel is located directly across the street from the inner harbor and walking distance to great entertainment and eats. The room was perfect as was the gym. I would not change a single thing. Kuddos to the front desk staff and the town car service.

Room Tip: Ask for harbor view
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
David_Kohlasch, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear andycrna, thank you for the great five star review! I appreciate you sharing details of your stay and delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court. Our hotel staff is the best in the city and deliver exemplary service to our guests. We look forward to having you stay at any of our properties when you are traveling. Thanks again for the great review!

479 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

We had an amazing experience last week, facilities were great valet attendant cliff was awesome!!! Ask for a room higher then the third floor facing the inner harbor. The room service is spectacular the food was great, I would highly recommend when visiting

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear thisfamilyisluvinhhi, thank you for the great five star review! I’m happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you as well for mentioning Cliff by name. We are very proud of our staff and the excellent service that is delivered to our guests. Thanks again for the great review, and we look forward to having you stay with us again soon.
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Just married the weekend before and returning wedding items to our florist in Baltimore, my wife and I planned a "staycation" mini-honeymoon, checked in late and were immediately upgraded to a magnificent 1 bedroom suite by Khadija at the front desk. It was larger than our apartment at home! We enjoyed a huge soaking tub and a magnificent view of the harbor, along with our own dining room! Extremely friendly staff and reasonable overnight parking accommodations. Gym, jacuzzi, and pool facilities were generous and relaxing. Minor issues with a bathroom light bulb and a power outlet. Many fond memories -- we will definitely return!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Daniel Y, congratulations on your marriage! Thank you for the great five star review and choosing to spend your “staycation”/mini honeymoon with us. Our views of the Inner Harbor are very popular with our guests, and I’m glad you had a chance to experience it from one of our suites. Thank you as well for mentioning Khadija by name; it is our goal to deliver great service to our guests and Khadija did just that. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Thanks again for the great review.
Englewood, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I've stayed here once a year for years and have always enjoyed the property. But this stay was different. Maybe I just got a bad room? The room itself had all the charm of a hospital room. Sterile is the word. The beds had no duvet and lacked any color at all. They looked very uninviting. I saw the wall paper pulled away from the wall in several places, the furniture was scuffed and rough in places, and amazingly, the "nice" chair in the room had it's dust ruffle missing with only a row of strings hanging in the front. This is a super nice hotel? The bathroom wasn't great. The toilet top was askew as though it had been fixed recently. It flushed in an odd wheezy way. The toilet seat was lose and slid from side-to-side. The tub drain stopper was jammed in place and not attached properly. I had to dig it out to keep the tub from filling during my shower. There was no spot to plug in and recharge my electronics and the flat screen TV was small and ancient. Frankly, this room needed a refresh desperately. My experience was not four star or even three...Come on Royal Sonesta! Shape up this well located hotel!

Room Tip: The front side gives you both great harbor views and all the noise from the busy downtown street jus...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
David_Kohlasch, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Phil U, thank you for your review and sharing your feedback. Please accept our most sincere apology as we did not live up to your expectations during your visit. Your experience is certainly not acceptable and is unfortunate. Our hotel is indeed known for exceptional customer service as witnessed by the dozens of favorable reviews here; however, this does not make your experience any better. The issues you experienced during your visit have been investigated and please know each concern has been discussed with our department managers and staff in an effort not to have these types of incidents repeated in the future. Thank you again for your feedback.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Advised of a late check in part of a wedding party. One night stay at a $149/nt rt has went to $450+ hold and now $300+ charge on my account. Contacted accounting dept advised they were not responsible for the $40 over draft but would look into reversing the no show charge due to late check in...really disappointed in the property liked it and recommended it in the past but will certainly think about it going foward.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
David_Kohlasch, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Explore 21, thank you for your review. We investigated your case and our accounting department confirms the no-show charge was credited to your card on the same day you called. Please contact us if you have not seen the credit in your account or if you would like to discuss this further.

We take great pride in providing the utmost in customer service as evidenced by other reviews here. We will look to improve our processes so that your experience is not repeated. Thank you again for your constructive comments.
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

The Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Hotel is right on the Inner Harbor in downtown Baltimore. It is one of the few affordable venues that is actually right on the water (well, okay, so there is a four-lane road between you and the water, so not exactly on the water). If you get a harbor view room you really do get a treat both in the daytime and the night view.

We were a family of four and stayed very comfortably in a 2 double bed room. The room was very spacious -- more than enough for us not to have to coordinate movements. The staff at checkin (Khadija) was extremely kind and helpful. Not that false sense of politeness or simply going through the motions, but clearly keying in on what our needs were (parking, room, and dining options). The other gem about the hotel is the small cafe in the lobby where they served Illy coffee. The staff member there (just him alone against the world) efficiently served everyone and even was calling up eggs and sandwiches from the kitchen for other guests.

For the price, location and service this place is unbeatable in the Inner Harbor area.

Room Tip: Harbor side is worth the upgrade.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Westford, vt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

My 4 day stay in the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore was the most enjoyable I have ever had at a hotel. This is not just a general statement. I was met at the door and informed of my car options and he took care of it and took all my suitcases, etc. to my room. Check in went quick since they seemed to have been waiting on me. They informed me of the WIFI and other things of interest such as racquetball, tennis and exercise room. I called housekeeping because I was not familiar with the coffee maker and someone was there in 2 minutes with a handful of coffee and got me trained. I left one rainy morning and the doorman gave me his umbrella without any questions. I don't think I opened a door, they did. Room was perfect with up to date modern furnishing. I could go on with examples but simply stated, it is a perfect place to stay in Baltimore. Did I mention that it is on the inner harbor with great places to eat.

Room Tip: If you drive, they take great care of your care. Come with a smile
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
David_Kohlasch, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear jnicholsdvm, thank you for the great five star review! I’m delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us at the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court. Our staff prides itself on the exemplary service that is delivered to our guests every day and your review speaks to that. We hope to see you again next time you are in Baltimore. Thank you again for the five star review and staying with Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore!

Been to Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore? Share your experiences!