My wife and I recently stayed in Baltimore for the Grand Prix of Baltimore and we had a wonderful time. Our "Base of Operations" was the Royal Sonesta Hotel and it proved to be the perfect host. First of all, if you select a harbor view room, you are in for a treat. The view is magnificent. The location in relation to the inner harbor is superior. Everything is within easy walking distance. We usually ate as we walked about but we did experience room service for one breakfast and had another in the hotel itself. Both were done very nicely.
As I mentioned we were there for the Grand Prix of Baltimore and the view of all the races from our window was unparalleled. We were right above the hairpin turn in front of the hotel and our view proved to be better than the seats we reserved across the street! The room was naturally air conditioned and the seats were in the sun and it was about 90 degrees that day. We watched the main race from the comfort of the room and had the race on the TV behind us with the fridge stocked with beer. Perfect!
The hotel staff was beyond compare. The guys at the door were so friendly and helpful. The maid service was prompt and kept our room like it was new. I want to make special mention of Carmen at the front desk who helped us with our trek to visit the Edgar Allan Poe grave site. Not only were her directions perfect, she mentioned we should visit the bar where Poe had his last drink and collapsed outside. Poor Poe, but we had so much fun there! All thanks to Carmen. The Royal Sonesta should be very proud to have her in their employ, she was super helpful and always cheerful.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Harbor Court Baltimore Hotel Baltimore
- Intercontinental Harbor Court Baltimore Hotel
- Intercontinental Baltimore
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore is ideally situated on the picturesque waterfront of the Inner Harbor. The hotel is a short walk from the downtown business district and the city's best attractions, including the National Aquarium, Oriole Park at Camden Yards, American Visionary Arts Museum, The Maryland Science Center and historic Federal Hill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Amex, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, HotelTravel.com and Venere so you can book your Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.