“Amazing hotel, wonderful staff, and breathtaking views” 5 of 5 stars

Customize Your Stay!
Ranked #16 of 59 Hotels in Baltimore
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Plymouth Meeting
“Amazing hotel, wonderful staff, and breathtaking views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

My husband and I took our two kids to Baltimore for a mini vacation over Mother's Day Weekend and stayed at the Royal Sonesta. It was the nicest hotel that I have ever stayed at. The room was very clean, the bed was extremely comfortable, and the staff was so nice and helpful. My kids enjoyed the pool. They didn't want to leave the hotel to go to the aquarium which was funny. We were across the street from everything and were able to walk. The room had the most breathtaking views of the harbor. Overall, it was a great experience and I plan on going back real soon!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
David_Kohlasch, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Michele L,
Thanks so much for taking time to submit a great 5-star review! Our location is a huge asset for us as we are on the best side of Inner Harbor for walking to area attractions, Federal Hill, Charles Street dining and Oriole Park at Camden Yards (2 blocks away). I hope you were able to convince your children to go to National Aquarium as it is an amazing place. If not, perhaps you can coax them on your next visit to our Inner Harbor hotel. Hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
Laurel, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Loved the central location on the Inner Harbor: easy to walk to many restaurants and attractions, including museums and the Aquarium, obviating the need for a car or taxis. The price was reasonable for the great location. The staff were initially polite and welcoming. The main problem with the staff came with our room on the second day, Saturday. A maid knocked on our door at about 10 a.m. and asked if our room was ready to be made up. No, we said, but we will be out in 10 or 15 minutes. We were out by 10:15 a.m. We had a lovely day at the American Visionary Museum, which is within walking distance. But it was hot, and when we arrived back at our hotel, all I wanted to do was take a nap. Unfortunately, our room was not made up. After each call to Housekeeping to get someone to come, we were asked if we had the "do not disturb" sign out. No, we never touched that. It seems that that is their stock reply if someone calls to say their room is not made up. 5 calls and staff contacts before the room was finally made up, around 4 p.m. Maybe this would not have been a big deal for some; to me, it was. I really needed that nap. I wanted to give this hotel 3 1/2 out of 5. If the room thing had not happened, I would have given the Royal Sonesta a 5.

Hello Maggie P,
There is nothing better than a relaxing afternoon nap, especially after a portion of the day exploring our city. Not being able to enjoy that nap is something that is very unfortunate. I will definitely share your thoughts with our housekeeping staff to ensure this does not happen again. Meantime, I am pleased you enjoyed the rest of your stay and hope that the next time your visit Baltimore, you will allow us to earn that 5-star review.
Richmond, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

My husband and I came to stay at this hotel for a weekend getaway. We chose this hotel because it was directly off of the harbor, and seemed to provide a great view in the Harbor facing rooms. I had also read previous reviews and see that people loved their experiences there.

Sadly, the best part about the entire stay was the view/proximity to the harbor. The front desk staff acted as if it was an inconvenience to help us, and several other guests. They were short with us, and provided us with little information. The rest of the staff were pleasant, but the people at the front desk started things off on the wrong foot right away. Another thing that I noticed was that some parts of the building seem to be old and dingy, especially the carpets in the main areas. One in particular downstairs in the elevator area looked as if it had been water damaged and then never cleaned, or at least not very well.

Our room was clean, but small very small for the price. The pillows offered no support, and there were very few electrical outlets in the room. There were none by the bed/night stands so we could not charge our phones there, we had to charge them across the room. Since we use our phones for alarm clocks, it was an inconvenience that I think should have been thought of when arranging the room itself.

Finally, I think the foods/drinks were extremely over priced, for example, $27 for a continental breakfast for one person.

All in all, our stay was only one night, and had the front desk staff been better I probably would not have had such a bad taste in my mouth from the stay, but I do think it ruined it for me. We will not stay there again, and will not recommend it to anyone that we know.

Room Tip: Harbor views are best. The courtyard views offer only a view of a small interior courtyard, which d...
Hello Jessica S,
We appreciate your comments and trust me when I say the front desk topic will be addressed. As for the condition of the hotel, Sonesta assumed management of this property almost one year ago clearly knowing the condition. Our purchase of the property came with the understanding that a complete renovation of the property will be needed under our umbrella and I am proud to say that project will commence in the coming months. So, buildings we can improve and will, and customer service is a mindset. we ask you return in the future as you will see great strides for the better in both areas.
Hoboken, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I've been all over the world in all types of hotels but no one has ever given me the experience that the crew at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court has. They were attentive and helpful and unbelievably friendly. I won't stay anywhere else if work brings me to Baltimore again.

Love. This. Place.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
David_Kohlasch, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Gambino830,
Given you are a world traveler, your comments and incredible 5-star review is an honor to receive. Sonesta is quickly approaching our one-year anniversary in the Baltimore market and 5-star reviews like yours is what makes us proud to be part of the hospitality industry. We have some great plans for the hotel moving forward, too, so get ready for some amazing things that will make your guest experience even better! Thanks again for your 5-star review and we look forward to seeing you again upon your return to Baltimore.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here three times now, all 3 times were amazing stays. Pool and jacuzzi are relaxing and very nice. Hotel is close to Harbor Place and many other attractions. Less than $10 for a cab ride to Fells, Cantons or Power Plant. Fed Hill is close by. Customer service was excellent. Room service did a very good job. Staff was extremely accommodating. Get the valet parking. It's very worth it and the staff is soooo pleasant!

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Slc021,
Thanks so much for your 5-star review! We are quickly approaching our one-year anniversary in Baltimore and please know that Sonesta is committed to this area for the long-term. It will take great 5-star reviews like this from loyal customers like you to ensure our success. We take great pride in our high level of customer service and we appreciate your recognizing it. Thanks again for your 5-star review and we look forward to seeing you again very soon!
Chatham, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

great service, nice clean rooms and pleasant atmosphere highlight this hotel on the harbor. the staff were helpful, friendly and knew how to make you feel welcome.

i wouldnt recommend eating there, they arent really geared up for full service, but the small bar was a treat. its all about the bartender, and mine was great, offering helpful tourist advice, and directed us to the little bargain beer bin they offer.

overall, a great place to be, priced well for their class, and a definite thumbs-up!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
David_Kohlasch, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear mench44,
Thank you for your recent review. Our Inner Harbor hotel is known for outstanding customer service, so we appreciate your recognizing that aspect among our staff. There's also nothing better than a knowledgable bartender and we are fortunate to have more than one. We thank you once again for your nice review and hope to see you again if your travels return you to Baltimore.
Springfield, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I rarely take the time to right a review after staying somewhere unless I had a really bad experience. I had to share what a great experience my husband and I had. We purchased a groupon for a two night stay at the Sonesta for our Babymoon. From the momemt we arrived we were treated so kindly. From the doormen, to the front desk, to the cleaning staff- top notch customer service. The hotel is beautiful and located in the ideal location. If you enjoy working out the hotel gyms is one of the best Ive seen. They pool is great, and there is a roof top tennis court. I would stay at a Sonesta without hesitation. My husband and I tend to be critical and have high expectations. We are so happy to have chosen the Sonesta, we had such a wonderful weekend in Baltimore and if we return to baltimore, the Sonesta will be our first choice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
David_Kohlasch, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear AngieM975,
We really appreciate your taking time out to submit your 5-star review for our Inner Harbor hotel. Sonesta arrived in the Baltimore market almost one year ago, so we are happy you took advantage of our Groupon offer. One of Sonesta's main objectives as a company is to provide exemplary customer service, so again, we are happy you took time to share your great experience with us. Please spread the word and thanks again for your 5-star review.

Been to Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore? Share your experiences!