“Amazing service, great views” 5 of 5 stars

Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   550 Light St, Baltimore, MD 21202-6099   |
Hotel packages
Special Price
25% Off 2 or More Nights!
Ranked #13 of 59 Hotels in Baltimore
“Amazing service, great views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here three times now, all 3 times were amazing stays. Pool and jacuzzi are relaxing and very nice. Hotel is close to Harbor Place and many other attractions. Less than $10 for a cab ride to Fells, Cantons or Power Plant. Fed Hill is close by. Customer service was excellent. Room service did a very good job. Staff was extremely accommodating. Get the valet parking. It's very worth it and the staff is soooo pleasant!

• Stayed February 2013
David_Kohlasch, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Slc021,
Thanks so much for your 5-star review! We are quickly approaching our one-year anniversary in Baltimore and please know that Sonesta is committed to this area for the long-term. It will take great 5-star reviews like this from loyal customers like you to ensure our success. We take great pride in our high level of customer service and we appreciate your recognizing it. Thanks again for your 5-star review and we look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
Chatham, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

great service, nice clean rooms and pleasant atmosphere highlight this hotel on the harbor. the staff were helpful, friendly and knew how to make you feel welcome.

i wouldnt recommend eating there, they arent really geared up for full service, but the small bar was a treat. its all about the bartender, and mine was great, offering helpful tourist advice, and directed us to the little bargain beer bin they offer.

overall, a great place to be, priced well for their class, and a definite thumbs-up!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
David_Kohlasch, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear mench44,
Thank you for your recent review. Our Inner Harbor hotel is known for outstanding customer service, so we appreciate your recognizing that aspect among our staff. There's also nothing better than a knowledgable bartender and we are fortunate to have more than one. We thank you once again for your nice review and hope to see you again if your travels return you to Baltimore.
Springfield, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I rarely take the time to right a review after staying somewhere unless I had a really bad experience. I had to share what a great experience my husband and I had. We purchased a groupon for a two night stay at the Sonesta for our Babymoon. From the momemt we arrived we were treated so kindly. From the doormen, to the front desk, to the cleaning staff- top notch customer service. The hotel is beautiful and located in the ideal location. If you enjoy working out the hotel gyms is one of the best Ive seen. They pool is great, and there is a roof top tennis court. I would stay at a Sonesta without hesitation. My husband and I tend to be critical and have high expectations. We are so happy to have chosen the Sonesta, we had such a wonderful weekend in Baltimore and if we return to baltimore, the Sonesta will be our first choice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
David_Kohlasch, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear AngieM975,
We really appreciate your taking time out to submit your 5-star review for our Inner Harbor hotel. Sonesta arrived in the Baltimore market almost one year ago, so we are happy you took advantage of our Groupon offer. One of Sonesta's main objectives as a company is to provide exemplary customer service, so again, we are happy you took time to share your great experience with us. Please spread the word and thanks again for your 5-star review.
South Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

We spent a Friday night recently at the Sonesta Harbor Court Hotel in Baltimore. The hotel's location on the west side of the Inner Harbor is a major benefit as it is a less crowded and congested area only a few minutes walk to all of the top attractions. The hotel in general is beautiful, very clean and well appointed. Our king harborview room was large and very nicely decorated..the bed was extremely comfortable. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful with advice, suggestions and directions.. The only feature I wish that could be addressed were the hours the pool and hot tub were available. The hotel closes this operation at 8pm even on weekends which is a bit early. After a day of walking throughout the Inner Harbor and adjacent areas of Fels Point and Little Italy a hot tub soaking would have been nice.
We additionally availed of the breakfast buffet which though a little on the expensive side at $20 was very good.. Overall I highly recommend the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court in Baltimore.

Room Tip: Get a Harbor View room
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear ricardomnt,
Thanks so much for taking timne to submit your 5-star review! Our location is definitely an asset as many of our guests prefer the more relaxed west side of the Inner Harbor with the ease of walking to area attractions, Federal Hill and Charles Street restaurants, plus, we are just a couple blocks from Oriole Park at Camden Yards. The pool hours are based on demand, but we will pass along your comments to see if extending hours during the summer would make sense. Thanks again for your 5-star review and please consider staying with us again on your next visit to Baltimore.
Hagerstown, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I stayed at the Royal Sonesta for one night on Sat 4/20/13. I had gotten confirmation emails from them that check in was at 3pm. When we arrived at 4:20pm, I was told that our room was not ready and check in was 4pm (as if it was only 20 minutes after check in). I offered to show the person who helped me the email that said check in was at 3pm and he said "we recently changed the check in time". He offered me nothing except to take my phone number down to call me when my room was ready. We sat in the lobby for about 30 minutes watching others check in and when it got closer to 5pm, I asked about our room. The same person offered to give me a different room (not as nice as the one I booked) that was ready. I reluctantly took it because we had an obligation to attend. The room was right beside the elevator so we heard the elevator go up and down the entire night and got no sleep. Instead of the nice courtyard view I was promised, I got a nice view of a brick wall. The guy at the front desk was snobby and not contrite; acting as if I should expect this on a Saturday when there was an O's game scheduled. I was looking forward to staying at this highly rated hotel and I will never return nor recommend to others.

Room Tip: "Do not stay in a room next to an elevator"
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
David_Kohlasch, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Gina H,
Your experience is certainly not acceptable and is unfortunate. Our hotel is indeed known for exceptional customer service as witnessed by the dozens of favorable reviews here; however, this does not make your experience any better. We hope you will offer us a second opportunity to provide the great guest experience this hotel has built its reputation upon.
raleigh, nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Got a Groupon to the Royal Sonesta, which worked out great since we were headed up there for a couple of Orioles games.

Even without a Groupon, I would go back to this hotel.

What I liked about this hotel:

GREAT customer service. Everyone who I encountered was extremely friendly and helpful. I must say that the valet and doormen were the best. Not just when they were helping you with your car, or luggage, but when you were leaving or struck up a conversation with them. One rainy afternoon we were walking out and one of the gentlemen asked if we needed an umbrella. We didn't as we had our own, but it was nice to offer.

CLEAN: Our room and bathroom was spotless. No complaints here!

POOL: We loved the indoor pool. I also liked the fact that there was a lifeguard on site who was also checking the chlorine/cleanliness of the pool and hot tub. There are towels for use in the pool area. The hot tub was clean and spacious. There is also a mobility chair in the hot tub and pool for people with disabilities.

LOCATION: Great location. We parked on car on Thursday night and did not use it again until Sunday. We walked to Camden Yards and felt very safe walking there and back in the evenings. The hotel is right across from the Inner Harbor. We walked to the aquarium, Fells Point and Little Italy. Fells Point and Little Italy are further away, but if you are walking at a leisurely pace, it isn't bad. Our 7 and 9 year olds walked the whole way with little whining, so not too bad of a walk.

We did have a drink from the bar-nice decor and average drink selection. I would have liked to have seen a specialty cocktail menu.

We did eat breakfast one morning. We got the buffet. A little on the pricey side. Would not eat there again as there are other places to go closeby. There is a Panera and Dunkin Donuts a couple of blocks away. We walked to a place called Miss Shirleys one morning for breakfast. Wasn't a cheap breakfast either but it is waaayyy better than the hotel breakfast.

My only complaint is that I wish the beds were bigger. Sharing a double sized bed is no fun.

All in all, a great stay. We are planning another Orioles trip this summer, and I'm hoping to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
David_Kohlasch, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Hello ncdeb73,
Thanks so much for your thorough 5-star review! That's great you took advantage of the Groupon offer and enjoyed your first visit to our Inner Harbor hotel. Sonesta will celebrate its first year in Baltimore on June 1, so we appreciate your positiive comments and will share them with the team. All of our associates take great pride in providing stellar customer service and feel it is indeed the best in the city. We hope you can indeed make that trip back here this summer - we look forward to seeing you again then. Thanks again for taking time to submit your great 5-star review.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

This was by far the best stay I have ever experienced at any hotel. The customer service was beyond phenomenal. The staff really went above and beyond to please us. Not only were they very helpful with deciding where to dine; they also chartered a shuttle for us to go. In addition, the lotion that they provide is great! I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2013
David_Kohlasch, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear CD0411,
"Best hotel ever" is quite a lot to live up to, but in this business, if you do not strive to be the best, then you should be doing something else, right? We are humbled by your 5-star review and appreciate the accolade and your taking time to submit it. Our goal is to make every guest experience as outstanding as yours and given we have only been in Baltimore about one year, we ask that you spread the word to your friends about our AAA Four-Diamond property. We try to prove every day that you don't have to be a global name and charge huge rates to be considered a great hotel. Thanks for recognizing our value and 5-star qualities. We hope to see you again soon.

Been to Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore? Share your experiences!