“Good stay... but charged for mini bar after and poor customer service” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore

Offers & Announcements
20% off w/ FREE parking!
Ranked #8 of 61 Hotels in Baltimore
NYC
“Good stay... but charged for mini bar after and poor customer service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

The hotel was fine. When I returned back home, I found a charge on my credit card for using the mini bar .. I called reservations today (10:50am, 3/1/13) and the lady was extremely rude. Manager - I hope you find out who picked up this call and suggest that she be more polite. She basically said that she doesn't know anything about the charge and she can't do anything about it. But then she transferred me to the accounting department, cutting me off mid-sentence.

THe 2 stars is for charging me for the mini-bar and poor customer service afterwards. I did use the refrigerator to put in my eyedrops and my own water bottles, so I probably shifted some items in there. The people who work there should count the number the items there instead of seeing what has been moved and charging me for items I did not use.

Room Tip: Check your credit card statement to make sure they did not charge you for items you did not use.
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank Hannah H
David_Kohlasch, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Suong C,
Thank you for submitting your response. We have investigated your case and our accounting department confirms the inadvertant charge was removed from your credit card bill. You should notice that credit in the coming days, if not sooner. We also appreciate your feedback on this credit, too. Meantime, we take great pride in providing the utmost in customer service as evidenced by other reviews here; however, your encounter is noted and we will make sure we inquire internally about your experience and make sure this is not repeated. Thank you again for your constructive comments.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

My wife and i visited there for a mini birthday vacation, upon our arrival, we were greeted by the bellmen, (friendly and knowledgeable) who helped me with my luggage and assisted me to my room. we were checked in by Mr. Knox who gave us some very good restaurant choices for my wife's birthday. the harbor view room was the perfect temperature, it was clean, all fixtures were gleaming as if we were in the golden palace! they have the most comfortable bedding ive ever slept in. its a bit of a labyrinth to navigate, but the signage is clear and concise. i did not get a chance to go for a swim in the pool, but we will save that for next time, because my wife and i will definitely be returning. thumbs up to the sonesta!

2 Thank Jay R
David_Kohlasch, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Jay R,
Thanks for choosing the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court to celebrate such a fun occasion. The photo you shared with this review was great and you definitely had an amazing view of the Inner Harbor. Sonesta took over management of this property last June, so look forward to more good things ahead here in Baltimore as we are always looking for ways to improve on the building, and most importantly, the overall guest experience. I notice from your review that you are from Philadelphia. We also have a Sonesta hotel in Center City on Market Street, if you are seeking a great staycation experience. However, we'd love to see you back here in Baltimore any time!
Westfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We got a groupon for this hotel because of it's location and weren't disappointed. It came with free valet parking which was tip top. The hotel services book implied that the gym didn't open until 8:00 AM, but my husband it was open early and he wasn't the only one there at 6:00 on a Sunday morning. We asked for a quiet room and it was, with a king bed and plenty of space in the room. The shower was great and the toiletries were nice. Love the Keurig coffee machine with the personal sized coffee and tea just when you wanted it, instead of having to make a whole pot of coffee that gets cold an hour later. We would definitely stay here again without the groupon. You can walk to all the inner harbor sites and the convention center.

Room Tip: we staying the courtyard room which was cheaper and quieter.
2 Thank Norah V
Hello Norah V,
The Groupon offer has been extremely popular, so we are glad you took advantage of it. Your are correct, the complimentary parking is a huge value, so good for you for being such an astute shopper! Overall, we are ecstatic that you had such a pleasant visit to our hotel and enjoyed all the fun and activities around the Inner Harbor. It is also good to know that you plan to return in the future. We look forward to seeing you then.
Fredericksburg, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

This hotel was beautiful, extremely courteous, and prepared. Warm, welcoming room, beautiful, clean bathrooms, and very quiet. I would (and plan to) stay here in the future!

The only downside was our view was badly skewed by dirty windows (on the outside).

2 Thank Becca G
David_Kohlasch, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

The pictures of the hotel online are amazing compared to that of the actual property. It's nice, but not amazing. It feels a tad dated and not overly clean. The gym is a bit odd as are some of the views.

My room was spacious, but noisy and not overly comfortable. Just average. The staff is certainly friendly. The food and bar aren't that exciting compared to other areas of downtown.

Money not being an issue, I would definitely stay at the Four Seasons next time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank Lax4man
Dear Lax4man,
Thanks for your review and constructive comments. Given Sonesta started managing this property less than a year ago, we can tell you that significant improvements are planned and we are excited for the future of this Inner Harbor hotel. However, that doesn't diminish the fact that your stay was less than exceptional. You certainly have other options in Baltimore, but we hope you will consider us again if your travels bring you back to the city.
Clifton Park, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Great deal with a Priceline courtyard view room - paid a bit extra for an upgrade to the harbor view ....it was gorgeous. Excellent spotless room. Large enough for my grandson to play without us falling over anything! Close to everything at Inner Harbor.....we walked everywhere....great shopping, museums, aquarium...a little something for everyone. This is the place to stay...you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MaryMG1
David_Kohlasch, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
MaryMG1,
Thanks so much for your great review. I saw the photos you posted from your stay, too, and yes, you did have an awesome view of the Inner Harbor. Our location is definitely an asset as we are walking distance to really everything around us. We can't wait until spring when the days are longer and warmer as the Inner Harbor is always buzzing with conditions like that. I'm pleased you had such a great stay and look forward to hosting you again if your travels bring you back to Charm City.
Malvern, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We purchased a groupon deal for a harbor-view room. We booked the room with no problems. Arriving at the hotel, we were happy to see the location was right in the middle of everything. We opted to use the parking garage instead of the Valet that came with the groupon. The front desk gave us a ticket to park for free; this worked out well and parking was a short garage walk. We checked in at 3pm (checkin time); about a 10 min wait in line. We were told our harbor view room was not ready. I had reservations and had to leave the hotel at 330. They told me it wouldn't be ready by then either. I have two young children that spent the entire day at the aquirium and needed to freshen up before dinner. They had a Courtyard room available for us and offered my kids two cookies. This was a down grade but they reassured me that Groupon would call them and reimburse us the difference. Our view was a BRICK wall which was very dissappointing to the kids. Our stay was fine, hotem was charming and clean, very quiet. Pool was nice. On the way out the next day, i had the front desk call the manager to confirm that i could be reimbursed; he said yes. This morning Groupon told me to read my fine print and that i would not be reimbursed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank MichShel
Dear MichShel,
Thank you for your detailed response and while we appreciate your kind words, it is clear your stay with us did not meet your expectations and that is unfortunate. So, I wish for you to call me directly here at the hotel as I wish to discuss with you how we can best arrange for a better experience next time. Please call and ask for me at (410) 234-0550. I look forward to speaking with you.