“Nicest Hotel I've ever stayed in” 5 of 5 stars

Customize Your Stay!
Ranked #16 of 59 Hotels in Baltimore
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Nicest Hotel I've ever stayed in”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

In short - the fixtures, fittings, appearance and overall genre of this hotel was excellent/top-notch. Phones and TV's in the bathroom(?), artwork in every hallway, including small displays (a barometer-powered clock?). The silverware at our catered lunch was shiny and the quality of the food served was excellent. Polished brass and wood trim everywhere.
I didnt get to use the pool/fitness center, but it was on the roof(!) and looked like quality equipment.
Location is excellent - walking distance to anything downtown.
If I was looking for a nice hotel in baltimore to impress people with - this would be it.
I gave breakfast an "average" becuase the catered breakfast was light on options, and the hotel-restaraunt breakfast is only worth it if you are not paying (I would never pay $16 of my own money for breakfast...) This is what I normally see in other downtown-hotels.
-John

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
David_Kohlasch, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Hello John G,
Wow! It seems you have a keen eye and your attention to detail is impeccible. We are very pleased that you appreciated the hotel and the environment we maintain for all of our guests. Given we have only managed this property since June 2012, we understand the asset this hotel is for downtown Baltimore, but we are always lookinmg for ways to improve. We are excited when guests provide such a glowing review, and as you consider us again upon your return, you will see how we are making this wonderful property even better.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
Wildwood, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Purchased two nights through Groupon at a very good rate! We arrived on Monday, February 11, an were very pleased with the accommodations. The deal included valet parking. We pulled into a small courtyard and the valet helped us quickly into the hotel...it was chilly and damp outside. The woman who checked us in (so sorry I forget her name) was very nice and the process was simple.

We had a beautiful harbor view suite with a king bed. The room was clean and comfortable. It had a refrigerator stocked with juice, soda, beer, waters, a mini bar of airplane bottles (Bacardi, Dewers, Absolute), and snacks. I'm not sure of the cost since we brought our own waters. Being a coffee drinker, I was very happy to see a single Kuerig brewer! They offered a selection of coffee and tea flavors.

After returning to our room from dinner, the woman who checked us in sent up a complimentary bottle of Champagne and chocolate strawberries. At check in she asked if we were there to celebrate anything and my husband shared that it was my birthday.

We also used the gym facilities, which offered plenty of cardio, weight machines, and free weights. There was a beautiful indoor pool with a lifeguard on duty.

We enjoyed breakfast at the restaurant in the hotel. It was delicious, but expensive...$52 with tip for 2 egg white omelets, toast, home fries, juice and coffee.

The king bed was extremely comfortable, but after the second night we both realized it was a bit softer than we are used to. We both grumbled about a little lower back pain, but of course we could just be getting older :-)

Overall, we had a wonderful time. VERY easy walking access to inner harbor. We will definitely return.

Room Tip: Harbor view was beautiful!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hello Tara,
Belated Happy Birthday! Thanks for your fantastic and helpful review as we always appreciate the feedback. The recent deal you took advantage of is a great value, so we are pleased you were able to visit for such a fun occasion. Seeing the photo you posted, you are correct, your view of the harbor was outstanding. Thanks again for your kind words and detailed response and we look forward to serving you again at our Inner Harbor hotel.
Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We recently spent a long week-end at the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court in Baltimore. From start to finish, we were exceptionally impressed by the consistent level of high customer service in every aspect of the hotel. Employees were always friendly, polite and addressed our questions and needs with prompt and caring responses. Our experience reminded us such qualities can still exist in hotels.
The hotel is also beautifully maintained and just a very short walk to the shops and restaurants in and around Inner Harbor.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
David_Kohlasch, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Hello Beverlys,
Thank you for your great review. We completely understand that a hotel experience for the guest has a lot to do with the interaction with our associates and we take great pride in offering the AAA Four-Diamond service for which we are recognized. We appreciate your taking time out of your busy day to submit such a positive review and assessment of our staff. We will certainly pass this review along to them as it serves as continuing motivation to go above and beyond to serve our loyal guests. we hope to see you again soon!
Edison, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I wanted to stay at the hotel using some groupons. I called the hotel twice (to make sure they had availability the dates I was looking for) and TWICE they told me it was ok to have 5 people in the room. I have 3 kids, so 5 was always the number of people per room I was looking for. I'm completely aware that rooms are usually not for five, that's why I made a special point about it, before buying the Groupons!!!!!! I bought the Groupons and called to make the "official" reservation and the room doesn't allow 5. Now I'm stuck with almost $400 dollars in credit in Groupon!!!! The hotel's answer: "oh well, too bad. I don't know who told you it was ok". YOU TOLD ME. TWO PEOPLE FROM RESERVATIONS TOLD ME.

Oh, and did I mention that every time I called reservations they kept me on hold for almost 10 minutes before I could talk to someone? And that the manager hung up on me? What a nightmare.

If this is Reservations, I can imagine how well the Hotel runs. I'm sure it works like a clock.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear DaniMok,
Your experience is unfortunate, but we have a solution. Groupon does allow for a complete and full refund, so you are not “stuck” with your purchase. In fact, we will contact Groupon to alert them of your call. Regardless, Groupon does allow for a full refund if you are not satisfied with your purchase. We hope that provides some comfort for you. Depending on when you call and call volume, sometimes inquiries are handled by a central reservations team not located at our hotel, so the person with whom you spoke may have been uninformed about our Groupon offer. Still this is no excuse for your experience. Our hotel is widely recognized for its impeccable customer service standards, so you not receiving this level of service will be addressed by me personally. We hope your next experience with us will result in an efficient booking and delightful stay.
Fredericksburg, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

My daughter was turning 18 and I wanted to take her on a special weekend get-away with two of her friends. I read countless reviews of hotels in Baltimore and chose Royal Sonesta Harbor Court because of the reviews I read here. I had a couple of questions so I sent an email and was called right away by Jennifer Meredith. She was eager to assist and seemed genuinely excited about our reason for visiting. Upon arrival, James unloaded our car and got us settled in our room. We rarely travel or splurge on ourselves so Jame's assistance made us feel special...and he was a delight! While we were out sightseeing, someone came to our room and left a piece of cake and a birthday card from the staff for my daughter. Our room had a lovely view and was nicely decorated. When it was time for us to leave, Calvin came to our room and gathered our many bags and joked with us about all the luggage that girls need, even for an overnight trip. I have to say that James and Calvin absolutely made the trip more memorable by treating us like royalty. The hotel is ideally located if you want to walk to shopping and the aquarium. If I even travel to Baltimore again, I will definitely stay at the Royal Sonesta!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
David_Kohlasch, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Jennifer,
Sounds like you had a fun and memorable weekend with us! Thank you for your kind words and for mentioning specific staff members by name. We will certainly be sure to share those with our associates as they will appreciate the recognition. We are extremely pleased you had such a pleasant stay with us and we look forward to your return some time in the future. Belated Happy 18th to your daughter as well.
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

This is the best hotel in Baltimore. The staff is the best! Everyone is friendly and customer service oriented. We had a conference for 2 days and everyone enjoyed the environment. The location is perfect!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hello Paula,
Your very positive review is much appreciated. I am also pleased your conference went well, too. We take great pride in creating a fantastic experience for not just the business traveler, but also for the leisure guest. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Columbia, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

I made a reservation to stay here months ago and the hotel reconfimed on Tuesday but unfortunately the staff was total overwhelmed when guests began checking in. My wife and I waited over an hour before our room was ready.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
David_Kohlasch, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Duke,
We are completely aware of the event to which you are referring and rest assured we are taking measures to assess, evaluate and take action to ensure experiences like the one you are reporting are minimized, if not eliminated. We appreciate your feedback and hope that once you were able to check in, you were able to enjoy your stay. We hope to see you again under more pleasant circumstances, especially upon arrival.

Been to Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore? Share your experiences!