Last year, this was the Intercontinental. Today, it's the Sonesta, but the service is still great.
We try to visit this hotel, even though we live in the Baltimore area. We stay there on New Year's Eve. The hotel is directly across the street from Baltimore's Inner Harbor. If you get a harborview room on the 6th floor, you have a great view of the fireworks. There's no need to go out in the cold or adverse weather. Just sit by the floor-to-ceiling window and have some dessert or a glass of wine. We brought our own and keep it in the mini-fridge in the room.
The rooms are large and very clean. Despite it being New Year's Eve, everything was very quiet on the 6th floor.
While a number of the good-location hotels require a 2-night stay on New Year's Eve, the Sonesta does not. They do not increase their prices either. We get the package deal that includes the harborview room, valet parking and breakfast.
The staff is very helpful as well as friendly. We never had th wait long for assistance. This was true even for the friendly lady that took my reservations for this coming New Year's, almost a year in advance.
There was only one request that went unanswered. We really liked their bath towels. We are not the type of people who walk out with towels. I wanted to buy a couple of towels. The hotel would not sell me any, nor could they tell me where I might purchase them. The website that they gave me carried no towels at all, only bed linens.
Brighton's is the Hotel's restaurant. We had dinner and breakfast there, but, I will cover that in another review.
My wife and I arrived way before check-in time but had no problem in getting into our room immediately. This gave us plenty of time to walk around Inner Harbor and contribute to the economy of Baltimore City. We enjoyed lunch at Lenny's Deli and a casual stroll around the Harbor. The usual work crowd was missing, so there were no lines or waits.
The restaurant was not crowded for breakfast. Driving out of the Inner Harbor felt strange. The roads were empty.
A very enjoyable time was had. We look forward to do it again this year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore is ideally situated on the picturesque waterfront of the Inner Harbor. The hotel is a short walk from the downtown business district and the city's best attractions, including the National Aquarium, Oriole Park at Camden Yards, American Visionary Arts Museum, The Maryland Science Center and historic Federal Hill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Harbor Court Baltimore Hotel Baltimore
- Intercontinental Baltimore