We decided to go to the Inner Harbor for our anniversary, and it was absolutely fantastic. The Harbor Court was as good as I remember from my days coming as a kid. Royal Sonesta is the property owner now, and they've done good things with the Harbor Court. The views are probably some of the best in all of Baltimore. The rooms are lovely--nothing to complain about, and not too over the top. I didn't feel like I was in a museum and afraid to touch anything, but I definitely didn't want for anything, either. Big, comfortable beds. iPod player right next to the bed. The TV in the bathroom was a nice touch, although we never used it--nor did we use the nice, big one in the bedroom, but if you had to be there for a week, you would have been quite comfortable.
The front desk staff and the valets were impeccable. Not stodgy in the least. Very personable and friendly, while still maintaining the dignity of the establishment. They definitely make you feel like you're staying in a nicer hotel and not a Super 8. The indoor pool and health club is absolutely fantastic. The hot tub is quite large and was perfect after a day of gallivanting around Baltimore. The pool is large for an indoor hotel pool, and you could easily swim laps. There was a lifeguard on duty who was friendly and seemed to be observant, without being pushy.
We went to the Explorers Lounge for a couple of drinks our second night, and the service was as good as the rest of the hotel. A friendly, jovial bartender exchanged good conversation with us, and the mood was very upbeat.
All in all, if you are staying in Baltimore, I can't recommend the Harbor Court enough. The location is ideal no matter where you're going, and easily within walking distance of the stadiums, Water Taxi, Constellation and museum ships, aquarium, and the other attractions of the Inner Harbor. Your view at night is worth the price alone, but the room will certainly please you after a long day in Charm City.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore is ideally situated on the picturesque waterfront of the Inner Harbor. The hotel is a short walk from the downtown business district and the city's best attractions, including the National Aquarium, Oriole Park at Camden Yards, American Visionary Arts Museum, The Maryland Science Center and historic Federal Hill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Harbor Court Baltimore Hotel Baltimore
- Intercontinental Baltimore