“Amazing service” 5 of 5 stars

Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   550 Light St, Baltimore, MD 21202-6099   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free breakfast & parking!
Ranked #10 of 59 Hotels in Baltimore
Potsdam, New York, United States
“Amazing service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I had the pleasure of stay at the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, this past week as I went to interview for a local company. The front desk help was very helpful and professional, helping me find my way around the great city of Baltimore for the first time. They had a cab waiting for me exactly when i needed it the following morning. And the food I got for dinner via the hotel room service was delivered fast and was outstanding. Overall a great trip and would recommend anyone going to the Baltimore area for business, or vacation to stop and stay you will not regret it.

Room Tip: i stayed on the 5th floor king size rooms, the view is amazing.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
DianeWaite, Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for your review of our property. We are glad to hear the staff was able to accommodate you during your visit. Our staff strives to provide excellent service to all of our guests. We hope that you will have the opportunity to return to Baltimore and have the chance to stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
Winter Park, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I cannot express enough how excellent my experience was at the Baltimore Royal Sonesta. I stayed there as part of a professional meeting, and I was met with nothing but courtesy, kindness, and attentiveness. The front desk staff assisted me, with especial initiative: check in early, check out late, etc. They went to extraordinary lengths to assist the peculiarly difficult arrival and departure flight arrangements that I made, and did so with a kind professionalism.

The concierge staff, especially, is expert at offering customized arrangements for your stay: offering informative suggestions of local activities and eateries, and much more.

The hotel itself radiates an elegant ambiance, with the finest arrangements attuned for that effect: a remarkable library brimming with leather-bound books hailing from all over the world (and some very uncommon first editions!). The facilities are always polished and clean, and the hotel staff clearly takes pride in the maintenance of their hotel.

The Explorer Lounge is a particular delight: with unique character, softly played live music (chiefly jazz), and a phenomenal range of Scotches, Cognacs, and Gins.

I would not choose to lodge at any other establishment when I visit Baltimore in the future.

Room Tip: Call the front desk and tell them what you seek (a quiet room, one near the fitness center); they g...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our property and your kind words. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Our number one goal is customer service and from reading your review it appears we were able to meet all of your expectation.

We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future. Again thank you for sharing your comments about your stay with us.
Coplay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

The staff for made our recent weekend stay a very enjoyable one. From the minute we drove up and were greeted by the personable, cheerful valet attendant, my husband and I encountered the most professional, pleasant and helpful staff we've ever met. To top it off, the hotel overall and our room specifically, were charming and comfortable. Before we left Royal Sonesta we already booked two nights for New Year's Eve 2013, and if we have the opportunity to come back sooner we will definitely do so. We'll also recommend the hotel to any of our friends who come to Baltimore. Thanks again for a very pleasant weekend!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful review of our property and staff. We strive to make each guest feel as though they are walking through their own “front door”. It is nice to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your weekend and we absolutely look forward to welcoming you back New Year’s Eve 2013.
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Traveling with my 16 year old son on a college visit trip. When a 16 year old boy notices dust, there must be a lot of it! The furniture was not dusty, but the floor behind the beds and nightstand was. The bed was also very soft for my taste.

Location is good for Inner Harbor. The room was very large and we had a nice bay window overlooking the harbor. The bar/lounge area was also quite nice. Staff was very pleasant.

I had a travelzoo package that included valet parking, but had to remind the person who checked me in... evidently their systems don't show these packages right off the bat.

Overall... with a few fixes this can definitely be a great place. For the price I paid, I was satisfied, but I would not have been happy paying rack rates.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of our property. We apologize for any inconveniences that you experienced during your stay. Your comments will be shared with our colleagues to ensure these types of incidents are not repeated in the future.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back.
richmond,va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I just loved the royal soneta harbor court I really felt like a queen I can't wait to come back I really felt like a queen and every one was so nice and pleasant keep up the good job because y'all are number one in my book

Room Tip: I stay in room 423 you can see the harbor from your room good view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Hopefully you’ll be able to visit us again in the near future. It sounds as if we exceeded your expectations and thank you for sharing your visit on TripAdvisor.

Thank you again and we look forward to being of further service to you.
Tervuren, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

Larger than average rooms which were comfortable and I understand are going o be renovated next year, to restore to former glory. Enjoyed the sports facilities, indoor pool and hot tub. All positive. Friendly front of House staff and chatty valet parking and bell hop. We thought we had landed on our feet for our one night stay to attend a function on a tall ship moored opposite the hotel. But.....all spoilt by the awful service from the waitress/ bar person who seemed to want to be on her smart phone all the time and not serve! Having sat in the bar for some time around 5 pm, had to get up, go ask her to come and serve us and after we had our drinks and food once again I had to go and get her...yes she was still on her phone...to ask for the bill. Please ban your staff from using their phones if they are supposed to be serving!! It detracted from our stay and let the hotel down.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
DianeWaite, Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for your kind words in regards to our friendly staff. We apologize for the unfortunate situation in our lounge. We do have a policy in regards to cell phones and we appreciate you brining this matter to our attention. It is comments such as yours that help us strive to provide our guests with the ultimate hotel experience and customer satisfaction.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back!
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We just spent the weekend at the Royal Sonesta. As noted by others, nice location.
The best part of the hotel was the view from our room. The best views are on the 6th floor, bay side. They have nice arched windows from the floor to the ceiling...the 7th and 8th floors have a ledge below them that does not give as nice a view...at least I was told...

The staff was great...the only exception was the attitude I got from the waitress in the Explorer's Club for asking what kind of beer they had...she obviously didn't want to be bothered even though we were the only ones in the bar at that time.

The workout facility was great. There was an outdoor tennis court, a racquetball court, and an indoor swimming pool...with a proper locker room.

As others have noted, the decor was a bit too much "old English countryside" for my taste. The bed was also a bit too soft, giving me a backache.
Don't valet park. Just self park in the attached garage and pay at the machine on the lobby level of the garage when you leave...much cheaper and just as convenient.

Room Tip: 6th floor bay side...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
DianeWaite, Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for your review of our property and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. The harbor views from the hotel are amazing and at times surreal. Our apology for the incident you experienced in the Explorers Lounge. Please know we are further investigating this issue. We take these types of comments very seriously and work with our staff to further educate them on the true meaning of customer service.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore

Been to Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore? Share your experiences!