“Beautiful hotel and gracious staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Spa Package
Ranked #26 of 59 Hotels in Baltimore
Rochester, New York
“Beautiful hotel and gracious staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2010

My daughter and myself went to check out Johns Hopkins University on Nov. 8 and 9. We stayed right across the street at the Doubletree Inn at The Colonnade. The location couldn't have been better. Upon arrival the valet both unloaded our car, brought our bags to our room and then when I realized I had forgotten a couple of items in the car, he went back down and got them for me. All while being very patient, kind and gracious. He then parked our car in the underground garage for us. Nice way to start the visit! The room was very comfortable, clean and quiet. The lobby is very pretty, spacious and clean. All in all a nice hotel that I will stay in each time if our daughter chooses to go to college at JHU.

• Stayed November 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Korean first
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2010

Each time I've had the chance to stay here I've found the rooms to be comfortable and very quiet. The staff keeps this hotel very clean. Dinner -- both food and the service -- in the restaurant was excellent. Other than not having Fox News Channel, this was a very enjoyable visit!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Stonington, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2010

This hotel and staff are on par with hotels of much higher price. Great value, the parking could be better priced.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2010

Recently, we were in urgent need of accommodations near Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland. The Double Tree Inn at the Colonnade was where we were finally able to stay. If you are looking for excellent service and compassion in time of need, this should be where you should stay. They provided us very low rate parking, round trip cab service from the Inn to the hospital, and complimentary breakfast by their excellent restaurant. My highest praise to the employees from the front desk, to the valets, to the wait staff in the restaurant, to the maid service, and to all levels of their management. When we were asked why we were staying on an extended stay, and they were made aware of my daughter's illness, they all wished her well and would put her in their prayers. That was their expression of the compassion we appreciated, since it came from their hearts. What more could you ask for.
Tom and Carole Jones
Richmond, VA

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2010

I was there for about a week for a work seminar which took place directly in the hotel. Staff were always very pleasant and helpful, and always had a smile on their face. Quality of food was excellent, and on the last night I enjoyed a steak that was one of the best I have ever had. For my purposes as a solo traveler, the room layout was perfect and was a nice home-away-from-home. Location of the hotel is by John Hopkins University which makes for a very pleasant and safe neighborhood.

I have been to Baltimore only once before, staying at a larger and more expensive hotel by the harbor area, but comparing the two hotels, I would have to say that the Colonnade was a nicer experience and facility. I was there as part of a group of people and I will have many fond memories of everything that took place there.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

I would first like to start off by saying that the accommodations were excellent. I enjoyed the warm reception that I received once arriving at the hotel and it continued throughout the week. Hats off to your staff!!. The meals were very delicious and the restaurant's atmosphere was very relaxing and inviting. The room was beautiful, clean and comfortable. I really enjoyed being a guest at the Colonnade it made my trip very pleasant . Thank you for the professional staff that you have and please express my deepest appreciation to them for making my stay a memorable and enjoyable one.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2010

This is the second Doubletree Hotel in a row I've stayed in, the other being the DOubletree Charlottessville VA, where Sunday breakfast was a mess. In this case, the restaurant had closed early at 9:15am for "maintenance" and there was no notice whatsoever to guests. To stop breakfast at 9:15 on a weekend is outrageous, but to not tell your guests is unbelievable. There wasn't even a coffee urn or danish set up. A drink the night before in the same lounge came to us wrong (on the rocks vs up), and then the waiter bartender just dumped it in a martini glass when we realzied his mistake.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
snyitrai, General Manager at Doubletree Inn at The Colonnade, responded to this review, October 20, 2010
Dear guest,

I apologize about your breakfast experience while a guest here at the Colonnade. On the Sunday you were here we did a 15 minute refresh of our buffet breakfast to our Sunday brunch, which is expanded choices for our guests. Based on our historical breakfast patterns this has not been an issue as most of our guests sleep in, however we failed you. When you came down you should not of been turned away and the restaurant should of communicated the quick change to you and offered you coffee service. I will ensure this is communicated to them and again please accept my sincerest apologies, we do not like to disappoint any of our guests. The next time you are in Baltimore and stay here I would like to offer you a complimentary breakfast for you and your guest. Feel free to call me at 410-554-7566.

Steve

Been to Doubletree Inn at The Colonnade? Share your experiences!