“"I would love to stay here again, when next i visit baltimore"” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #30 of 59 Hotels in Baltimore
Wiston Salem NC.
“"I would love to stay here again, when next i visit baltimore"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2010

From, when i arrived at the hotel on oct 3rd till i left on oct 9th, my exeperience was very pleasant, the front desk staff, the restuarant staff and the house keepers knew how to keep one at ease and feel welcome,the cleaniness of my room was outstanding, every day i got on the bed, i slept off immediately, cos the bed and pilows were too comfy.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Korean first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

My husband & I came to Baltimore because I was having medical testing at John Hopkins. Upon arrival we were greeted with fine & courteous personnel. I had requested a "handicapped accessible room with a walk-in shower with the shower chair". Room was not a true accessible room. (1)No shower chair -had to call & request one..even though it should have been there to begin with. (2)NO grab bars next to toliet. (3)NOT enough turn around space in bathroom. (4)Beautiful balcony -NO wheelchair access. (5)Room was small - barely enough room to pass in wheelchair from one side of the room to the other. I will need to go to John Hopkins 3-4 more times and I will NOT stay here. Beware Disabled Traveler!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2010
snyitrai, General Manager at Doubletree Inn at The Colonnade, responded to this review, October 20, 2010
Dear Guest,

I apologize your room did not meet your needs 100%. We have several different rooms that are ADA compliant with various rooms types (bed combinations). I did some research and physically inspected your room once you departed and you are correct, the bathroom you had did not have grab bars on all sides just the back wall, nor does our balcony have a ramp. We do have rooms that are 100% ADA compliant, which is a room with 2 queen size beds, roll in shower and grab bars and shower chair. I will use this as a learning tool to have my desk agents ask at check-in to ensure we provide the proper room for our guests. I hope you do try us again and ask that you call me directly at 410-554-7566 and I will ensure we get you in the room that best fits your needs. Thank you for your feedback.

Steve
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

I stayed at this beautiful hotel for two days and I have NEVER met a more caring staff! I was greeted by registration, housekeeping, maintenance staff, and the GM - all with a smile and a greeting and a question as to how I was enjoying my stay! I began to keep count, as I was so surprised by the thoughtfulness. I met with NINE different staff people who greeted me and inquired as to my stay! FaNtAsTiC customer service! . . . and by the way - the hotel is lovely, food in the Alizee restaurant was hot and fast, overall one of the best I've ever stayed in!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
snyitrai, General Manager at Doubletree Inn at The Colonnade, responded to this review, October 8, 2010
Dear JessKnea,

It was our pleasure to have you as a guest in our hotel, and it was a pleasure meeting you! Thanks for the feedback and we value your business. Please let us know if we may be of service in the future.

Steve
Philadelphia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2010

Although in a perfect location for visiting JHU, this hotel appears nice enough at first glance, but in reality, it is a zero service operation. I observed guests lugging their own bags, maids asking in the hall "if your checking out please throw the safety latch on the way out so I can get in", no newspaper, no executive floor for elite program guests, no ancillary amenities of any kind. I cannot imagine that people would pay as much as $250 per night for this hotel, as it simply does not offer anything one would expect at this price level. As the rooms are passable enough for a short stay, if you can get in this hotel in the low $100's, fine, no complaints, but otherwise not money well spent.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
snyitrai, General Manager at Doubletree Inn at The Colonnade, responded to this review, October 5, 2010
Dear 3cats99,

I am very sorry about your issues you observed here at the Colonnade, I hope my explanation may help clear up some of your observations and questions. The hotel is in a building that is a mixed use building, the first 3 floors are hotel and the remaining 8 stories are privately owned condos. Only the second and third floor of the building have guest rooms on them. It would be very difficult for us to designate an entire floor to our elite as you referenced, but we do upgrade our Hilton Honor members, based on availability to our luxury suites, presidential suite and junior suites. In addition based on a guests Hilton Honor level, we do provide additional in room ammenities and breakfast options. Upgrades are based on availabilty , peak demand weekends such as the weekend you were in town, which was Loyola University Parents Weekend we sell-out very fast and our suites are usually the first to sell.

Very often we have guests that do request bellcarts to transport their own luggage, it is extremely possible the guest you saw did not request help, that would be my hope. In regards to housekeeping I will discuss the latch comment with my Executive Housekeeper, the housekeepers at times ask the guest top throw it open. On busy weekends the housekeepers may do this so they do not disturb a guest who has decided to sleep in late and they focus on the vacant rooms first. Not all guests stop at the front desk when they check out.

We appreciate your feedback and will use them as a tool to make our hotel even better. Thanks again for your comments and we hope you do try us again.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2010

I just wanted to drop a line to say how much I have enjoyed my evening with the hotel staff. I have to say the front office manager is just darn awesome her hospitality is so genuine and heartfelt and the young man offering his assistance they are the heart of the hotel.

I have been experiencing problems with my key, I had to come down to the desk several times to have my card rekeyed even though it was an inconveience to me the manager was just wonderful and comforted me and gave me a warm cookie for the evening. I come to Baltimore often and it was great to find a home away from home and then to be taken care of by the staff. I would recommend the hotel to my friends and family as long as you keep things the way they are. The restaurant is a great scheme but it could be much better with affordable non puffy food. Sometimes guest simply want a home cook meal that does not cost an arm and a leg Just a suggestion.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
snyitrai, General Manager at Doubletree Inn at The Colonnade, responded to this review, October 1, 2010
Thanks for your feedback, sounds like Karen has a fan club! I do apologize about your key situation, I am so glad it was handled so professionally. I will share your comments with our restaurant. Thanks again.

Steve Nyitrai
Monterey, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2010

I recently stayed at the Colonade during the time that it was very exciting and stressful when moving my daughter into Johns Hopkins College. This was the second child that myself and wife has been blessed to be able to send to Johns Hopkins.

As you can imagine just how busy we were and the amount of time the preparation took. Inn at the Colonade is a place that I have stayed on several occassions, but this time was different myself and family had the opportunity to meet this wonderful lady Karen I do not remember her last name but she was the front office manager she was fabulous in everything she assisted not only myself and wife but she also reached out to both of my daughters and reassuring them that as long as she was across the street she would be there and be our eyes and ears for us because we live in California and that if the girls needed her to please reach out to Karen and she would definitely be there. Now you tell me have you have ever heard of such a thing coming from a hotel employee. I called yesterday to tell Karen that we were coming into the hotel in October and just wanted to check our reservations well as always she was there and she reassured me that our arrival was set and if I had any questions to please contact her directly.

I just wanted to say thank you to Karen and let her boss know that hiring her was the best thing he/she could have ever made. I just found out who was the owner of the hotel so if possible it would be great if he read this email to. Thank you Karen cannot wait to see you soon.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback and your business! I agree Karen is a great asset to our team and assure you your comments will be shared with our owner. Thanks again and please do not hesitate to let us know if we may be of future service.

Steve Nyitrai
New Windsor, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2010

Made a reservation at the Doubletree Inn at Colonnade for 9/18/10 through AARP Travel which uses expedia.com. We were visiting family and attending the Yankee/Orioles baseball game that night.

Arrived at the Doubletree Inn at 3 pm for check in time and found out we had no reservation and no room. Seems they require a two night stay so they did not book the room. Expedia and AARP failed to notifiy us. They gave us our confirmation # and charged our credit card $194.88. Doubletree Inn claimed it was expedia.com's fault and expedia.com claimed it was the hotel's fault.

After 2 hours (lost time for our visit) of phone calls, a room was found for us in another town, 20 minutes away. We did stay there, Hilton Garden Inn, and it was nice, but not in the city where we wanted to be. At check out on 9/19/10 I asked for and received a receipt for the room totaling $148.00.

Upon returning home, I again spent hours on the phone with AARP Travel powered by expedia.com and was told that since they did get us a room, they would credit us $13 for the price difference. What math is that? My calculations come up with $46 difference. I was told by AARP Travel that the Hilton Garden Inn should not have given me a receipt with that price as it is the price that they charge expedia.com.

Needless to say, we fail ripped off. The staff at the Doubletree Inn were nice and they were helpful, but leaving people stranded is not right and then ripping them off!!! I suggest that no one use expedia.com or AARP Travel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Doubletree Inn at The Colonnade? Share your experiences!