“great hotel across from Johns Hopkins University” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #30 of 59 Hotels in Baltimore
San Antonio, Texas
“great hotel across from Johns Hopkins University”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We have been staying at the
Doubletree Inn at the Colonnade for the past 3 years while my daughter attends JHU. We love the hotel, it is across from the Homewood campus and very convenient. It is about 5 miles from the inner harbor, also. The staff is wonderful especially Terrell and Will and they make us feel at home with each visit. The Restaurant is first class with a great bar. I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
snyitrai, General Manager at Doubletree Inn at The Colonnade, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear 2tammyc,

Thanks for the kind words! We appreciate your business over the last 3 years and glad we have been your home away from home while visiting your JHU student. I am a little biased, but I am also a huge fan of Alizee, love those crab cakes. Thanks again and please do not hesitate to contact me with any needs.

Steve

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Korean first
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

This past weekend @ 30 of my girlfriends and I attended a 50th birthday celebration at the Inn at the Colonnade at thier restaurant called Alizee for a very special friend . Everyone that attended raved about the location and what a wonderful event the Colonnade put on for us. They hosted our event in a beautiful private setting near the restaurant and bar . Our servers were just incredible and the food was fantastic. We all could not have been happier and I am sure form this spectacular event they will see many of us venture back to the Colonnade again soon. Big Thank you...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Scuthie,

I am so glad we were able to share in your special celebration. Alizee is so convenient to host a special celebration or for a quick meal. We hope to see you back soon with your girlfriends and appreciate your business.

Steve and Ricardo
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stay at the Inn at the Colonnade Baltimore for every home football game. We always have enjoyed our stay, including late night drinks in the bar with other football parents. Breakfast is always delicious before we get on the road Sunday morning. We have been extremely disappointed in the change in price per night for JHU graduation (May 21,22). We had to pre-pay in full and the price more then doubled. This is not the way to treat loyal patrons of DoubleTree. Most of the football parents have decided to stay in another hotel. DOUBLETREE MORE THEN DOUBLED FOR GRADUATION DATES; JUST BECAUSE THEY COULD!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Champaign, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

group rate had been offered on this room. I called after the close off date, and was only offered the best available rate ($30) more for this room, but a note was put on the reservation that I should ask hotel staff if the group rate would be honored. When I checked in I asked about this, and the desk person told me he would refer to the question to the 'revenue manager.' I never heard back from this person during the three days of my stay, and paid the best available rate on check out. while this situation is not the end of the world since I am being reimbursed for this business trip anyway, the attitude of the reservation staff at the check in and during the stay was indifferent if best. And, by the way, the best available rate of $159 was WAY out of line given the quality of the hotel, I would expect something around 90 or 100 per night would be more reasonable given the general character of this hotel. The group rate could easily been offered to me as an Hhonors member, since the hotel was practically empty anyway.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Durham, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

We were in Baltimore for a wedding with our 3 small children. The service was perfect, the staff was friendly, the room was large and comfortable. We would definitely return again. Not only was the room great, the restaurant and the restaurant staff was overwhelmingly friendly and fabulous.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Rahway, New Jersey, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

This review is a little late but I still wanted to send it (and i had no choice but to pick a date from the drop down but it's incorrect. I stayed at the Inn at Colonnade/Double Tree on 12/7/11 (in town for Vince Gill/Amy Grant Christmas concert). I don’t have any staff members’ names but everything was wonderful. From check-in to check-out. Everyone was very friendly. Even if it was just a little gesture of the valet walking over to the elevators to push the button for us. The lobby was decorated beautifully for Christmas. Our room was spacious and clean. The beds and pillows were fantastic. We had dinner at the restaurant and it was delicious. If I’m ever in this area again, I will surely stay here. Keep up the good work. Thanks !!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Manhattan Beach, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Terrible room. It was tiny and stinky, with terrible lighting. Parking garage smelled like somebody had died in it. Coffee and snack shop in the lobby was closed in the afternoon, evening and morning. Front desk staff was slow and indifferent. Ceiling panelling in bathroom sagged in the middle. I checked out and moved to another, habitable hotel with an inferior location to Johns Hopkins.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Been to Doubletree Inn at The Colonnade? Share your experiences!