“Visit Loyola” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 63 Hotels in Baltimore
Mendham, United States
“Visit Loyola”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Orientation for my son at Loyola University, my staying at this hotel was very nice. I'll recommend this and other DoubleTree hotel to any of my friends and family. I would like to become a Hilton prefer customer.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

snyitrai, General Manager at Doubletree Inn at The Colonnade, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
I am so glad you chose our hotel for your son's orientation at Loyola! As you noticed being only 2 miles from the University makes us very convenient to the school. Please ask our front desk associate to enroll you in Hilton Honors your next stay to take full advantage of the benefits of being a valued Hilton guest.

Steve

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Korean first
Leysin, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

The hotel exceeded my expectations. It was clean, friendly and comfortable. A plus, it's right across the street from the Johns Hopkins playing fields The staff at the reception desk couldn't have been more welcoming. There is underground parking (I think it was expensive, but everyone else told me that it was a fact of life in big American cities) with an elevator with access to the lobby. You need your key card to access the elevators that open on the guest floors. The additional level of security will be appreciated by solo women travellers.

The rooms were very well appointed and very clean. However, the duvets were too heavy for the season and we couldn't get the room quite cool enough. Granted, it was very, very hot during our visit.

The restaurant there was fine, not stellar, but no complaints. The bar is nice aside from all the televisions....

I would stay there again!

Room Tip: Choose a room on the back side of the hotel
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments and your business. I am so glad you were able to enjoy our friendly staff and Doubletee by Hilton hospitality. We hope the next time you are in the states, you stay with us again, thanks for making us your home away from home!

Baltimore, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Overall ok hotel. Spacious rooms, though on the pricey side. Hotel bar closed EARLY every night (9 pm!). Staff mostly friendly and try to help, but I had problems getting into the self-park parking lot at night because the ticket machine gate was broken. Called to the desk and they said they would send someone, but no one came and I waited for 20 minutes. Because it was 3AM and I was tired, I finally backed out and went back to the front of the hotel to use valet parking, which they gladly comped, but they should have offered that as a solution immediately at that hour of the night.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We appreciate your business and glad our staff took care of your needs and made amends for or parking gate issue. I apologize for any parking issue you may of encountered, we have contacted our vendor and repairs have been made to the gate. Thanks again for your comments.

Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Great hotel experience! Upon arriving the hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and fresh. The area around the hotel was great, quiet, and peaceful...especially when you just want to relax and unwind. A great value especially when you add the great and friendly staff!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Came to Baltimore for Loyola's summer orientation and stayed for two nights. The staff is friendly and courteous, and it was reasonably priced compared to other hotels in the area. It is located close to the school, and not far from the Inner Harbor, Fell's Point and Little Italy. The lobby is welcoming and check in was easy. They had a warm chocolate chip cookie, waiting for us. The room was spacious and clean, and the beds are comfortable. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
Washington, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Would not stay at this hotel again. Bathroom not working properly and all I get as a Hilton Honors member is an apology. Someone at this hotel should have contacted me to see if they could satisfy my complaint. I have returned to the same area 3 nights since and I chose a different hotel chain for those stays.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

snyitrai, General Manager at Doubletree Inn at The Colonnade, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
We’re sorry we didn't provide the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay at our hotel. We apologize for the issues in your bathroom and we’re working with our team to ensure the situation doesn't happen again. I would like to also apologize for the lack of follow up regarding your stay and see why I was not made aware of your issues. Thanks again for your comments.
Palo Alto, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We chose this hotel because of its proximity to JHU (literally right across the street) and were very pleased. The rate was reasonable considering all nice hotels in Baltimore seems to be really overpriced. The valet was extremely friendly, though a couple of times it took forever to get our car back which was slightly frustrating. The room was okay but could have used some updating. Everything was comfortable and there was definitely plenty of space. At one point the TV wouldn't work and they sent someone up right away who fixed it quickly. The cookie at check-in was the high-point though, I would say.
If you are visiting JHU there really is no better place to stay, though I do think if you exclude location, the hotel is overpriced.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing our hotel, and I am so glad you enjoyed your stay! I hope we see you again for your next trip to JHU and we will have that warm Doubletree Cookie ready for you.

Steve

Been to Doubletree Inn at The Colonnade? Share your experiences!