“If you can't be home, stay there” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #30 of 59 Hotels in Baltimore
Westlake Village, CA
“If you can't be home, stay there”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2011

I feel as though I could do a commercial for the Inn at the Colonade.
Back in March my daughter, an athlete at Johns Hopkins University had ligament damage after a sports related event. Two weeks ago they scheduled her surgery for Tuesday, April 26, 2011.
When I arrived the front desk staff was as kind as always. When I got to my room I saw that the room was not accessible to someone using crutches or a knee scooter because the room had a lot of sharp turns, big furniture and a toilet behind the door, that you could not access without getting in the small bathroom. That said the front desk was overly accommodating in allowing me to try a few different rooms, without making me feel as much as a pain, as I felt like I was being. In the end the only one that worked because of its large and wide thorough-ways, and large bath, with bath-tub she can hang her leg out of was accommodating.
That night we moved her in and left at 6 AM the following morning. I asked the front desk to put a rush on cleaning my room once the staff arrived and please send extra pillows to elevate her leg. We arrived back, everything was as I had asked. When we needed even more pillows, they were there quickly. Housekeeping has been amazing. Extra pillows, towels for bathing her, cleaning the room when it is good for her in and out medicated sleep schedule. The front desk has alerted me when flowers and UPS arrived. Everyone has been overly accommodating and if I couldn't be at home with her, I am glad I was here.
The smiles and helpful nature of the restaurant staff, front desk staff, housekeeping and management, make this the only place for us to stay.
On behalf of my daughter and myself, thank you, thank you.

Room Tip: Ask the knowledgeable front staff
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
snyitrai, General Manager at Doubletree Inn at The Colonnade, responded to this review, May 3, 2011
When we decide to shoot a commercial I will make sure we call you! I am so glad we were able to offer a helping hand as your daughter recovered from her surgery. As I had mentioned while you were here, if at anytime you or she needs anything feel free to call any of our staff here at the Colonnade to lend a hand. We wish her a speedy recovery and hope to see you soon.

Steve

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Korean first
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

My daughter and I were visiting a friend at Johns Hopkins University and wanted a hotel that was close. This hotel is close,but that's not the only reason to stay there. The staff is UNBELIEVABLE!! Friendly, efficient, knowledgeable about the area and directions(to the degree that the valet told me to call her if I got lost on the way home!). Upon check in you are given a "warm from the oven" chocolate chip cookie that is heavenly-nice touch.The room was pleasant and larger than I expected, and while the walls are a little thin, it was comfortable. The gym is nicer than most - good and new equipment all set in a room with lots of light pouring in. The biggest surprise was the restaurant. The service was again, great, but the food - gourmet - really. We look forward to more visits and next time - we'll ask for more cookies!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at the Colonnade! I must admit the warm Doubletree cookies are to die for. So glad you were able to experience our warm Doubletree by Hilton hospitality and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Salt Lake City Utah, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2011

My stay at the Inn at the Colonnade was exceptional. It was a great location to John Hopkins University (viritually across the street) with convenient shuttle to John Hopkins Hospital and School of Medicine. Hotel restaurant was great....the best crabcakes ever!!!!! The Sunday brunch was delightful. There are great local restaurants within walking distance in the Homewood area. The Super Shuttle to and from and BWI was convenient are was a great price. Taxis are immediately available as well. When I return in a month, this is my first choice!!!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

This was one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed in, for the price. The rate was reasonable but the accommodations were four star. Very clean, outstanding service, the valet was not only quick and friendly but honest - he returned an extra $10 tip that I accidentally gave him. I'll stay there every time I go to Baltimore.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

Not only is the hotel friendly, accommodating, clean and as close as you can get to Johns Hopkins, they saved my iPad!
I had left my ipad in the business center and only realized it after I was half way back to the airport. I phoned the front desk and the woman on duty I wish I had her name, asked me to call back in a few minutes while she went to search for my ipad. I called back and in fact she had located the ipad, brought it to the front desk and was prepared to get it to me in any manner I requested. I asked that they wrap the ipad in newspaper to protect it and to put it in a Fed EX cardboard box.
I received the ipad the next morning!

The next morning, I received my ipad, good as new, wrapped up in newspaper at my next hotel. Mr. Joshua Watkins had completed the Fed Ex airbill.

Please send my thank you for the wonderful customer service that was provided to me...your staff made me feel very relieved to know my expensive belongings were in safe and competent hands.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

We hosted a dinner for about 2 dozen guests at the Inn at the Colonnade; every aspect of the service was excellent and courteous. Wayne Hooper of the sales office was especially helpful getting things arranged for us.

Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2011

Nice hotel, especially for a conference or meeting. We had a good experience overall - clean, great location, friendly staff. At the end of the conference we had dinner at Alizee restaurant. (About 30 of us with a prix fixe menu.)

Unfortunately, the food was overcooked, no flavor, and we waited 90 minutes for the food. (Not exaggerating, wish I were.) Since some people had to leave to catch early flights, they returned to their rooms around 9:30pm and we (the university hosting this conference) had to pay for their prepaid meals. Since we meet once a year, this was unfortunate and left it on an uncomfortable note with these international guests.

In the future, we'll stay there because of the location, but go elsewhere for the end of the conference dinner.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
snyitrai, General Manager at Doubletree Inn at The Colonnade, responded to this review, March 14, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to respond to your stay in December, I am so glad you had such a wonderful experience in our hotel. I am very dissappointed that you did experience some issues in our restaurant. I would love to discuss further with you, if you would be so kind to contact me at steve.nyitrai@hilton.com I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Steve

Been to Doubletree Inn at The Colonnade? Share your experiences!