“Excellent Customer Service. Great Location.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Brookshire Suites Inner Harbor

You added Brookshire Suites Inner Harbor to your Saves list
Brookshire Suites Inner Harbor
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   120 East Lombard Street, Baltimore, MD 21202 (Inner Harbor)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
BOOK DIRECT AND SAVE 10%
Ranked #16 of 59 Hotels in Baltimore
Arlington, Virginia
“Excellent Customer Service. Great Location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed here while attending a conference at the Convention Center. The location was perfect. The staff were exceptional--friendly, accommodating. Great value. Close to the Harbor and restaurants and shops.

Room Tip: I had a studio, not a 1-bedroom room suite. I think I would have preferred the suite so it's wor...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Sharon S, Guest Relations Manager at Brookshire Suites Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Greetings from Baltimore! Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. We always appreciate feedback from our guests.

You’re right about our location; we are centrally located in the heart of the Inner Harbor, just one block from the waterfront and 2 ½ blocks from the Convention Center.

I am happy to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and accommodating. We are lucky to have staff sincerely cares about serving our customers.

Thanks again for choosing Brookshire Suites. We appreciate your business and thank you again for the review. I hope to see you again soon.

Sharon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Pennington, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here only 1 night - I wish we had stayed longer! We had booked a king suite. They gave us a room with 2 queens. We called down, and within 5 minutes they moved us to a room just 2 doors away with the king. The bed was comfy and everything was very very clean! We had to make up the foldout bed ourselves which I found rather odd but it was no big deal. The window shades blocked light and sound really well. Room has microwave, fridge, coffee machine, hair dryer. Nice toiletries. Plenty of towels. The only thing I'd recommend is a few towel racks in the bathroom besides the hook on the back of the door. FYI if you're looking for the ice bucket, check the bathroom shelf behind the towels.

The view from the C level area was great. The breakfast was really good too! Eggs, sausage, waffle maker, cereals, oatmeal, pastries etc.

We had booked an aquarium family package which included parking. After making the reservation, the parking situation for the hotel changed. They directed us to park in the lot across the street, where we ended up getting charged $52 for less than 24 hours parking! The hotel refunded us the parking fee without a problem. **Beware of the city parking lots - apparently no matter what time you enter, the day resets every morning and they start running the hourly parking clock again!**

The hotel location is perfect - one block from the Harbor and all its attractions!

The hotel staff were so friendly, especially Yolanda and one other woman who helped us at checkout. She said she had just come back from 3 months leave, if that helps hotel management identify who I mean.

I will stay here again if/when I return to Baltimore.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Thank you so much for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am glad the front desk was able to change your room type quickly for you.

You are so right about our location; it's great you can walk to everything! Brookshire Suites is located one block from the Inner Harbor, 2 1/2 blocks from the Convention Center and 6 blocks from Camden Yards.

We're very fortunate to have such a great group of individuals who sincerely care about serving our customers. I hope to see you on a future visit to Baltimore. We truly appreciate your business!

Sharon
New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

To Preface this, my girlfriend and I usually look for the most convenient and affordable hotels and are not picky travelers.

Positives:

1. Clean Hotel

2. Beautiful Appearance

3. Great Location

4. Friendly Staff

Negatives:

1. The hotel charges an extra $10 a day for a "destination fee". This includes two disposable water bottles (which were warm), free wifi, and complimentary breakfast.

**The price was still a bit more reasonable than other hotels in the area, but it would have been nice to know the extra charges up front**

2. The room temperature was set at 76 degrees. We lowered the temperature on the thermostat by 10 degrees, and gave the room hours to adjust, and there was no change. At night we were sweating like pigs in a blanket and the windows were sealed shut. We asked to switch rooms. To our surprise, the new room was also a fiery inferno and remained at 76 degrees all night long. Due to this, we did not have a comfortable sleep.

3. The "hot breakfast buffet" was basically a continental breakfast with a waffle maker and a tray of eggs and sausage. Nothing looked or tasted fresh. Give yourself an hour before you go out after breakfast. It will shoot right through you like a rocket. To add to this, our toilet broke after one use post breakfast.

4. After an uncomfortable sleep and feeling uneasy and a bit sick from the breakfast, we decided to take showers to get refreshed and start our day. I wish I could say that the tub overflowing was the worst part of the shower ... It wasn't. The water pressure was so strong, I needed to wear a bullet proof vest. Even after adjusting the nozzle to the lightest setting, this shower can be compared to being pelleted by millions of small fiery pebbles. I had to turn off the water, be brave, and only use it when I absolutely had to. Do not shower at this hotel if you bruise easily.

Needless to say, even though we are on a budget, open minded travelers, and do not hold high expectations, we would not stay at this hotel again. We advise you to stay at a different hotel in the area, but if you do stay here make sure to bring TUMS, a plunger, light pajamas, and full suit of armor to shower in.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Sharon S, General Manager at Brookshire Suites Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 3 days ago
First, thank you for choosing Brookshire Suites. I appreciate you taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay.

Your recent stay does not reflect the typical guest experience at our hotel. It is very important that we provide exceptional service in an environment that we've worked so hard to create. I am sorry there were multiple problems throughout your stay with us. It is never our intention to inconvenience our guests.

We do have a preventive maintenance program in place to help prevent these types of incidents from occurring and I'm sorry to hear that your room was too warm, making it difficult to sleep. It seems like Baltimore has had its share of different weather patterns this spring, and this may have contributed to the warmth in your room.

Regarding the water pressure in your room, I will have our Chief Engineer check it out. This is the first time it has been brought to our attention.

I hope you'll see by the other reviews on this site that this experience is not typical and I'd like to ensure that we make it right. Please feel free to get in touch with me do discuss your stay further. I look forward to hearing from you.

Kathleen, General Manager
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed for 2 nights and it was a great stay overall.
Price: excellent price and value
Location: 2 blocks from the harbor; close to restaurants and across from the Mall
Room: Very spacious! The 1 bedroom is great for families because you can close the door and have a separate living and dining area. The room is equipped with a faucet, microwave and mini-fridge.
Staff: Minimal. This was not a negative; however, we were there for 2 days and only saw 1-2 staff members per day. The person running the front desk was courteous and helpful.
Amenities: It is a boutique hotel but does provide some additional amenities. There is a small gym and continental breakfast daily. They also have a small snack stand where you can purchase snacks. There is an advertised happy hour at "Redbar". It is not an actual bar but desk with a wine fridge. I assume you can ask the front desk attendant for a drink, if you'd like as I never saw an actual bartender.

Cons: Although the rooms are quite spacious and nicely decorated, there are some things that can be updated such as the bathroom wallpaper that is peeling (likely due to the humidity) and also noticeable in the kitchen area.
In addition, there is no valet parking. There are many public garages in the area. Arrow which is right across the street was only $21 which was a great value compared to some of the others.

Overall, our stay was great. I would definitely stay again if I am in the area.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Sharon S, Guest Relations Manager at Brookshire Suites Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Thank you so much for posting a review on Tripadvisor. You are so right about our location, it's great you can walk to everything! Brookshire Suites is located one block from the Inner Harbor, 2 1/2 blocks from the Convention Center and 6 blocks from Camden Yards.
Please be sure to tell your friends about us! If there is anything we can do for you, please let us know. Thank you for ratings us 4 stars. We truly appreciate your business and feedback.
Woodinville, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Spent three nights. Very comfortable, roomy suite. I agree with another reviewer that the bathroom is pretty small. Certainly can't have two people in it at once. Even one person, trying to use the shower, can be a bit cramped. Not a big deal; just a comment. Staff is very nice and helpful. Room is open and very clean. Breakfast was just average. The toaster was extremely slow on one side and fairly useless on the other. Oatmeal was good. (I'm a big fan of hot cereal.) Coffee was very nice. Orange juice was terrible. Tasted like orange-colored water. Apple juice was much better. I was aware of the $9.95/day charge when I booked, and was reminded about it when I checked in. It's still pretty insulting. Just add ten dollars to the price of the room. Otherwise, guests figure that you assume we're all idiots. We parked in the lot directly across the street. Actually cheaper than the valet, and probably just as convenient if not more so. And the hotel is quite close to the inner harbor; easy walk. Free wi-fi is nice and strong. It does tend to cutoff without warning, requiring one to re-enter the password. In my experience at hotels, you usually have to do that once per day. Here, it seemed like it required re-entry 2-3 times per day. All that being said... A good value. I'd stay again.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Hello Rick,
Thank you so much for posting a review on Tripadvisor. I'm glad you enjoyed Brookshire Suites Hotel. We truly value your business and comments. We will be sure to share your feedback with our team. If there anything we can do for you, please do not hesitate to call.

Best,
Brookshire Suites
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I recently stayed at this hotel for nearly a month on business. I would not recommend this hotel for extended stays in the future, as the "kitchenette" consists of a microwave, mini fridge and wet bar. You get really tired of take out after a month and the ability to actually cook a meal would go a long way. However, for shorter stays - such as a weekend getaway - I would highly recommend Brookshire Suites. The location is excellent - within walking distance of many area restaurants and attractions, and its a couple of blocks from the Inner Harbor. Also, the staff was very friendly and extremely helpful. Everyone there went out of their way to ensure that we had everything we needed during our stay. Also, we accidentally left a piece of luggage in our room when checking out and one of the front desk employees went above and beyond to ensure that it made it back to me - even going so far as to personally take it to the UPS Store to ship it on his own time. I would definitely stay there again if I return to Baltimore for a shorter time frame in the future.

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Sharon S, Guest Relations Manager at Brookshire Suites Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Hello ma'am, thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor. We are glad to hear that you received your luggage. We are very proud to have employees such as Tyler who are willing to go above and beyond for the guests, as was the case with your luggage.

I am also happy to hear that you were able to explore the area and enjoy the location. We hope to see you again soon for a nice weekend outing!
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

A business trip to Baltimore's Inner Harbor (really), my wife had to attend an important class at University of Md over three days. We decided on Brookshire Suites because of never having stayed before and its affordability.
The suite was quite spacious despite the hotel's being tucked on the corner of Lombard and Calvert streets. Go up to "C" level (couldn't help myself) to dine on a great breakfast and get a most wonderful view of the Harbor and skyline.
The manager, Miss Yolanda was very accommodating and helpful (I needed a tremendously early check-in). Seems she ever greets even a challenge with a big smile.
Our stay was most comfortable and enjoyable since all we wanted to do and eat was a short walk away.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor! Even more so, thank you for giving recognition to Yolanda. She is always happy to go the extra mile to help our guests and we are very lucky to have her.

Please come visit us again soon, and hopefully it will be a leisure trip so you and your wife can explore the Inner Harbor even more!

Been to Brookshire Suites Inner Harbor? Share your experiences!