“Leave it- lose it!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Brookshire Suites Inner Harbor

You added Brookshire Suites Inner Harbor to your Saves list
Brookshire Suites Inner Harbor
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   120 East Lombard Street, Baltimore, MD 21202 (Inner Harbor)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
BOOK DIRECT & SAVE
Ranked #11 of 59 Hotels in Baltimore
“Leave it- lose it!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I left a sweater on the back of the bathroom door and notified the hotel by phone within 24 hours but they just couldn't find it. It was stolen. Room view was a brick wall due to secured room on-line?

Room Tip: Do not get room on West side, it is an old brick building.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Very good - staff customer service is excellent and needs top be emphasized as this can be a rarity, breakfast is varied, plentiful and similar to most others offered at other hotels, spacious suite very well equipped with microwave, frig, coffee. , location for our plans was perfect

Not so good- bed was so incredibly uncomfortable due to the pillow top - beware if u have back problems; Minimal and useless furniture. No coffee table in front of pull out couch to put feet, books, etc. on. A useless chair that felt like you were sitting on a piece of plastic and the couch was just as uncomfortable. NO chest of drawers for clothing so someone may have to just live out of their suitcase (not my preference). Fitness center is probably one of the most important to me and I was disappointed. No music. No TV. 2 pieces of equipment had TV's attached but none worked. One piece of equipment just had the connecting wires sticking out,. One bike did not work. I too was somewhat disgusted by the 9.95 fee as it left a very bad taste in my mouth. Most hotels that offer free wireless and free breakfast do not tack on a fee to cover it. I appreciate their advertising it on their website but I missed it and it reeks of bait and switch.

If you expect to spend some time relaxing or unwinding in the suite this is not the place for you as it does not lend itself to that. When you are looking on line, don't forget to figure the extra $10/night. It is a good value as long as you know what you are getting into. I probably would not stay here again because of the bad taste in my mouth from that 9.95 charge and uncomfortable and sparse furniture and bed. The fact that so many others have mentioned that 9.95 sends a message that management does not care about feedback which is also very worrisome. So they bolded it on their website. Big deal. It is still bait and switch since everyone does not see it.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Sharon S, Guest Relations Manager at Brookshire Suites Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. We always appreciate feedback from our guests. I am glad to hear you found our staff friendly and helpful. We are fortunate to have a great group of individuals who are committed to making our guest’s stays as pleasant as possible.

I am sorry you felt our $9.95 Destination Fee was "hidden". We do our best to ensure that this fee is fully disclosed by including it on our website, on our confirmation email letters, advising of it at the time of reservation, and by making sure all of our partners disclose the fee on their websites as well. In addition, we have it posted at the front desk so that there isn't any confusion as to what is included in the fee. In all prices that we quote guests, it is included under taxes and fees so there is no surprise extra cost upon checkout.

In regards to the workout room, we apologize that it was not up to your standards. We are going to have our engineer work on getting everything hooked up and working properly so that it can be better utilized and enjoyed by our guests.

Thank you for your honest review and we hope that you will give us another chance in the future to show you how wonderful Brookshire Suites really is.
Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed for 2 nights February. I debated staying at the 4 seasons but decided to save a few bucks. Pros: the staff were friendly and helpful, and it is quite a good location: short walk to fell's point, inner harbour attractions, etc. the rooms are a decent size, and while the hallways, elevators, bathrooms all felt dated, everything was clean and i think we got decent value. Even had a peek-a-boo view of the harbour.

Cons: bed was way too soft for me. Maybe a personal preference, but I didn't sleep well. And while it may be poor taste to complain about a free breakfast...It was pretty bad.

So on the whole, I'd say more good than bad - younget what you pay for

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
I’m sorry to hear that the bed was too soft for you and you didn’t sleep well. Unfortunately, nothing feels as good as your own bed at home.
Thank you again for your honest review and we hope that you will give us another chance in the future to show you how wonderful Brookshire Suites really is.
New York City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel is modern and the beds were very comfortable. However, the pullout couch was extremely uncomfortable for our teen. Parts of the frame were sticking up, and the mattress sagged. Our teen has slept on pullouts quite a few of times during hotel stays and never was so uncomfortable. The hotel also adds a 'mandatory' $9.95 to the bill which covers two water bottles and breakfast, whether you decide to eat there or not. There is a sign on the front desk stating this 'destination fee'. The parking fee was $32. We were quoted the same at another garage. They have you on that one, since the street parking is difficult. We were happy to have a suite, so our child could have a separate sleeping area. There was a fridge, separate TV and desk. It would have been more fully appreciated if the pullout was better. I also noted that the sink was set 6-7 inches in. A young child would have difficulty with this, since he would have an uncomfortable reach to get to the water.I know that I found it a bit annoying.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your recent visit to Brookshire Suites and for posting a review of your experience on TripAdvisor.
I am sorry to hear that your teenager found the sleep sofa to be uncomfortable. We are currently implementing a preventative maintenance program throughout the property in an effort to make our guest’s stay as pleasant as possible and to catch problems before they arise.
Thank you for your honest feedback, we will take it into consideration and use it to further improve our services to make future stays even better.
I hope to see you on a future visit to Baltimore. We truly appreciate your business!
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The good: The staff tried to help each time I went to the front desk, which was way too often for a two-night stay.

The bad: I went to the front desk maybe five times in a two-night stay because of problems. I'll give just one example so I don't bore you with details. The heat broke so I woke up freezing cold in the room. I reported it when I when downstairs, leaving for the day and they said it would be fixed that day. When I got back that night it had not been fixed. Went back to front desk and they said they should have left a note. There was no note. They said I could have a space heater. I asked to be moved and they said no, then after a few minutes said yes.

Imagine four more things like this over two days. The staff was OK. The manager did not seem phased by the troubles I had. He did not seem bothered by the issues much.

Oh, and they charge the bogus "resort fee" at checkout so watch out. Your rate is higher than you think it is.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time and leaving a review on TripAdvisor in regards to your most recent stay. Your feedback is very important to us and we will use it to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.

I apologize that you encountered multiple issues in your stay, but even more so that you felt your needs were trivialized. It is never our intention to inconvenience our guests or make them feel that we are not concerned about their comfort. We are currently implementing a preventative maintenance program throughout the property in an effort to make our guest’s stay as pleasant as possible and to catch problems before they arise.

In regards to the “resort fee”, I am sorry you felt our $9.95 Destination Fee was "hidden". We do our best to ensure that this fee is fully disclosed by including it on our website, on our confirmation email letters, advising of it at the time of reservation, and by making sure all of our partners disclose the fee on their websites as well. In addition, we have it posted at the front desk so that there isn't any confusion as to what is included in the fee.

Salisbury, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

A very friendly and helpful staff. The room was very spacious and well maintained. I will knock them on not having enough lighting in the bedroom and not enough outlets in the bedroom. I found it difficult to plug in my cellphone near the bed. Other than that, I had an excellent stay.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Sharon S, Guest Relations Manager at Brookshire Suites Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Jarjeet S, Thank you so much for choosing Brookshire Suites! We do appreciate your business. I appreciate the review you posted on TripAdvisor.com. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I am especially thankful that our team took great care of you while you were here. Thanks again for your comments.

Sharon
Erding, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We visited Baltimore for a convention and were a group of 11 German women. We felt so welcome, were treated in a very friendly way. The manager even helped to divide the bill between us, he was very patient :) The rooms were great, a lot of space and very clean.
Staff was friendly in general and the personnel in the breakfast room in particular. What I did not like was the plastic plates and flatware for breakfast - what a lot of unnecessary garbage!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Sharon S, Guest Relations Manager at Brookshire Suites Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
DieErdinger, Greetings from Baltimore! Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. I appreciate you taking the time to write a review.

I am glad you enjoyed your visit to Baltimore and I am especially thankful that our team took great care of you while you were here. Comments like yours really help keep them motivated to continually service our guests.

We do have some incredibly spacious suites, that's for sure! Our One Bedroom Suites are actually larger than many urban apartments.

Thank you for your feedback regarding the plastic plates and flatware. This is something that we will look into as a potential greener option for our hotel.

Thanks again for choosing Brookshire Suites.

Sharon

Been to Brookshire Suites Inner Harbor? Share your experiences!