“A Home away from Home!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Brookshire Suites Inner Harbor

Save Saved
You added Brookshire Suites Inner Harbor to your Saves list
Brookshire Suites Inner Harbor
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   120 East Lombard Street, Baltimore, MD 21202 (Inner Harbor)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
BOOK DIRECT FOR BEST RATE
Ranked #18 of 68 hotels in Baltimore
Ruther Glen, Virginia
“A Home away from Home!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

The Brookshire Suites is a home away from home!! What keeps me coming back? The experience! The staff is extremely friendly and provides superior customer service. Yolanda will greet you every morning with a smile that not only starts your day, but her positive energy takes you through your day. Tyler, Kelly, Melinda and Aaron brings it home with a warm welcome back in the afternoon. The renovations, including the Red Bar, provides a relaxing experience. Steve, the bartender is awesome! Blair and Linda in housekeeping both share my high expectations of a clean space and always greet me by name and with a smile. Frank in maintenance and Jason, the GM, do a great job with making sure that the hotel is comfortable for their guest. Brookshire is an awesome place to stay. -SP

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

89 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
WP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We have been staying at the Brookshire for the last 4 years. The remodeling that was done this last year is very nice. We happen to be in Baltimore on 8/12/14, when they got 6.5 inches of rain. They employees were great. They gave us umbrella to borrow to get to our car. Suggested activities to do. The Brookshire is in a great location. Parking ramp right next door. Within walking distance to so many activities. Camden yards and all of the inner harbor activities. Looking forward to next years vacation in Baltimore.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Windermere, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

let me just start by saying staying in the inner harbor may have some advantages, there are definitely some disadvantages too. i lived in baltimore for years and the inner harbor just doesn't have much local character and is little more than an aquarium and glorified strip mall, but visitors always seem to enjoy it nevertheless. in any case, i was in town for work and this was the best option nearby. critique about the neighborhood aside, the hotel is centrally located no matter where you'll spend your time in the city (or area, it is within walking distance to the camden marc train station or a quick, free charm city circulator bus ride away to penn station for trips to dc and beyond). with the recent refresh, the hotel is trying to incorporate some local baltimore musicians and artists into its design theme, although the large photo of the counting crows singer in the lobby was a bit off-putting... plus i doubt all guests even recognize him as a baltimore icon. it would be nice if the hotel offered literature or better explained to guests why there are also random pictures of frank zappa overlooking the toilet. :)

the brookshire would be a very good option for a weekend getaway or group of friends in town for a sporting event or concert, especially since it seems that prices are competitive - you'd be within walking distance to both stadiums and most major concert venues in the city. they have a nightly local beer and wine event (not free, but a nice touch to showcase local options since there are not many options within a few blocks that offer the same), there is free breakfast and i didn't really see any kids in the public areas (which is a-ok with me and a plus when you want to sleep in or relax on vacation). plus the rooms are huge, with a kitchenette, private sitting area with standard american bathroom and shower arrangements (ie no funky see-thru glass). beds were comfortable and there were a number of outlets, which made charging electronics easy. there were also 2 tvs in my room (sitting area and bedroom), if that is of interest. didn't really detect much noise. i am sure nearly all of the previously mentioned amenities would also be a benefit for families, although i personally cannot speak to that. for those on business or interested in maintaining their fitness while at the hotel, note that the hotel has a small gym and according to their website they partner with a local gym in the area to offer a discounted day rate. this was not advertised at check-in though, so you'd have to confirm.

so even though the hotel has some nice amenities and was recently refurbished, there were a few things that left a bit to be desired. the wallpaper, caulking, carpet and paint looked worse for the wear already. i know it is a hotel and everything, but i was really surprised to see the room a bit frayed at the ends considering it was rehabbed only a few months ago. i tried to take advantage of the complimentary breakfast selection, but at least at 7:30am on a weekday, everything looked picked through and/or not that appetizing so i went elsewhere.

all lobby staff i interacted with were very friendly, so nothing of note there, except that customer service was good.

i get the sense they are trying to model themselves after the kimpton brand, but really, they can't compete. that said, i'll return again to the brookshire when in town for business because of its location and affordability. my review really lies somewhere between a good and very good (3.5 stars), but i'll round up.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I enjoyed the Brookshire Hotel very much. I would stay there again the next time I come to Baltimore The staff was friendly and polite. The breakfast was awesome, I still think about it. I liked the idea it was only a block away from The Harbor. The room was nice and clean and I enjoyed the shower. You had a great showerhead in the bathroom. ;o))) We enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the front. We did, and enjoyed looking out at the sites on the street. We wer...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Muskegon County, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We started staying at The Brookshire several years ago and enjoyed it so much we keep coming back. The whole place had been redecorated and refurbished but the same friendly, helpful and charming staff attitude has remained. The property is located within walking distance of the beautiful Inner Harbor and many excellent places to eat, drink and socialize.

Room Tip: If you don't like to hear city sounds, ask for a room on upper floors. We were on the 9th floor...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Jason C, General Manager at Brookshire Suites Inner Harbor, responded to this review, yesterday
JoanOh4,

Thank you posting a review on TripAdvisor regarding your stay at Brookshire Suites.

We thank you for being a loyal guest over the years and are glad you had an excellent vacation. Thank you for the comments regarding the renovation and the staff. We know that proper maintenance and upkeep is important, but having an outstanding staff is even more important. We want to ensure that all of our guest have excellent visits, like you did, and we always appreciate and welcome feedback.

Thank you again for choosing Brookshire Suites. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

We were promised, told and offered a room on the 8th floor harbor view. I made four phone calls including when I made reservations five weeks out--each time telling me if I arrived to check in at 4 pm that room would be available and given us. I called two weeks before right up to two days before always told 8th floor harbor view was available for us. Killed myself driving nine hours to get here by 4 pm. Checked in and now I'm sitting here on the 2nd floor wide awake in middle of night listening to drunks down an alley and staring at broken windows of a run down building just a few feet away!! At 4 pm when I asked the desk clerk...I was told that 8th floor room was still available but they were saving it for someone else!!! Someone else not yet there!!! That is just wrong!!! Despite anything else right or wrong about this hotel I'll never share anything else because this is just lowdown wrong to treat people this way.

• Stayed August 2014
Jason C, General Manager at Brookshire Suites Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Meg,

Thank you for your comments about your recent experience at Brookshire Suites. I am sorry for whatever communications and failures must have happened on our end.

We do our best to try an accommodate all requests. I'll do some research and find out exactly where the error exists and make sure we correct it.

I will be in touch with you very soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I really would have given them a 4.5 but can't do half stars. It was very clean. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The prices are fair. Breakfast was okay. The little bar was a cute plus. The only complaint I have is that the valet parking is pretty expensive. Even with that, this is my official place to stay from now on in Baltimore.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Angelina S,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at Brookshire Suites.

I do appreciate your comments and we are always seeking to improve our services and offerings. If there was something specific you were looking for on the breakfast buffet, lease let me know.

Thank you for your comments regarding the staff. We really make every attempt to ensure our guests feel at home.

I am sorry that you felt valet parking was expensive. We do frequently survey other hotels to see what prices they charge and we do keep our rates as competitive as possible.

Thanks again for staying with us. I hope to see you again on a future visit.

Jason

Been to Brookshire Suites Inner Harbor? Share your experiences!