“Nice Hotel and a Little Different” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Brookshire Suites Inner Harbor

You added Brookshire Suites Inner Harbor to your Saves list
Brookshire Suites Inner Harbor
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   120 East Lombard Street, Baltimore, MD 21202 (Inner Harbor)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
BOOK DIRECT AND SAVE 10%
Ranked #13 of 59 Hotels in Baltimore
PIttsburgh
“Nice Hotel and a Little Different”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

I was travelling on business and stayed one night at this hotel. I wanted to be close to the inner harbor and this hotel is 1 block away. I wanted a little bigger room at a good price and I wanted breakfast. The hotel is not big and the room was nice, king bed, kitchenette, frig, coffee, etc. It had TV's in both rooms and a desk in the living room. The couch (converts to a sleeper sofa) was not comfortable. The bed and pillows were among the best I have ever slept on in a hotel, just excellent. The bathroom was small, but nice, and the shower had very good water pressure. The staff couldn't have been nicer. The breakfast was average with bagels, juice, yogurt, fruit, eggs and sausage. Valet parking was $36, I parked across the street for $26 and there is another garage on the other corner that I think may be cheaper. Other than that it is a nice hotel to stay in for a night or two.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Jason C, General Manager at Brookshire Suites Inner Harbor, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Jiucer,

Thank you for your review of Brookshire Suites Baltimore. I really appreciate the time you've taken to share your experience with us.

I am glad you enjoyed the hotel overall, and of course, our incredible location to the Inner Harbor. As you know, we just completed a multi-million dollar renovation and those white sofa's in our guest suites are a little uncomfortable now, but as they become conditioned with use overtime, I'm confident they will become much more comfortable.

Thanks for the comments regarding the team!

I hope if you are in Baltimore again that you will stay with us!

Jason

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Santa Monica, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

I decided on 5 stars not 4 but it was a tough call. 4.5 would have been a nice option. This is an a boutique hotel in an older renovated building. I really am not sure if I had a studio or one bedroom but the room came with fridge, microwave, sink, coffee machine. Website says only the one bedrooms and above have microwaves but it seemed more like a studio. Good size nevertheless except for the bathroom which felt a bit claustrophobic but not unusual for this type of renovated building - . Sufficient closet. No dresser draws but 2 drawers in night stand. I faced Lombard Street which gave me a small view of the harbor. Traffic noise was not an issue - I felt the soundproofing was very good. And at night it is quiet in that area anyway. Very convenient to all the Inner Harbor has to offer. The place was clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful at all times. Comfortable bed. What was outstanding was the value for this area. I was attending a conference at the Hyatt (about a 5 minute walk) and saved about $350 over the group rate being offered by the Hyatt. When I stayed (in March) they offered a buy 2 nights get 1 night free rate (weekdays) and the total price for my 3 nights was truly fantastic. They do charge $9.95 per night facilities charge. It includes internet and breakfast. I usually ding a hotel for charging for wifi but the breakfast was good (standard but good selection) and the hotel was very transparent about this charge - no surprises. Even with that charge my 3 nights were about $272 including tax. That is amazing. No doubt March is off season but still - for the Inner Harbor that is unheard of. I meant to ask about the history of the hotel because it is covered with pictures of Frank Zappa and Mama Cass Elliott - I hope there is a reason behind that :) Absolutely would return next time in Baltimore.

Room Tip: If you are ultra sensitive to noise and will be in room during day/early evening, you might consider...
HI Geoffrey,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor regarding your experience at the Brookshire Suites.

The building was orginally built as a parking garage back in the 1960's. Converted to a hotel in the early 1980's. We purchased the hotel just over a year ago and completed a multi-million dollar renovation.

We're much different that those other 'beige box' hotels in the Inner Harbor. First, because we're not branded by a national, we have the ability to offer our guests a truly unique Baltimore experience, and we don't have to charge all those rewards points and franchise fees, so were more affordable!

Those portraits of Mama Cass, Frank Zappa and Adam Duritz, well, they are all Baltimore born rockstars! The design encompasses industrial Baltimore to our eclectic neighborhoods, from Baltimore historic communities to upcoming neighborhoods like the Station North Arts & Entertainment District. Our rooms wont be found anywhere else. RedBAR features Maryland Wine and Baltimore brewed beers. Our MarketPlace features snacks from local Baltimore vendors as well, from Berger Cookies, to Zeke's Coffee, to Old Bay Chips....many things Baltimore.

Thanks again for your review. I hope you get to visit Baltimore again soon and will stay with us!

Shelby Township, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

This hotel is unique. We loved the modern decor, clean rooms and fantastic location. It was only a block to the harbor and numerous attractions. The complementary breakfast is served on the top floor with floor to ceiling windows offering a wonderful view of the city. But the best part was the staff. Such personal service is rare to find. Never have we stayed at a hotel where we felt so welcome.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Jason C, General Manager at Brookshire Suites Inner Harbor, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Thank you for your review. I do appreciate the feedback.

We want our staff to treat our guests the same way they expect to be treated if they were in a hotel. I always say that every hotel offers beds, showers, hot water, etc., but not every hotel offers the staff that we offer. They do an amazing job providing personal, inventive services to enhance your Baltimore experience. Thank you for recognizing. It really motivates them even more when they read comments like yours! Thank You.

I hope to see you again soon on your next trip to Baltimore.

Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

I recently attended a conference that was being held at a typical large conference-sized hotel that was a 10-minute walk from the Brookshire. When chosing my accomodations a few days before the event, I noticed that conference hotel room rates were more expensive than I wanted to pay so I looked online for an alternative and took a chance with the Brookshire, which seemed to be more reasonably priced and was a short walk away to the conference. I'm glad I made this choice. I loved the Brookshire's quaint yet modern style. A very "hip" place with friendly staff and comfortable environment. I will definitely stay here again whenever I'm in the Inner Harbour area. A short walk and you're at the waterfront.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with Brookshire Suites. We do appreciate your business.

Thank you for choosing us for your accommodations while in Baltimore. We are a fun, urban lifestyle hotel that focuses on providing guests with unique Baltimore experiences. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to save some money at the same time.

We're right in the heart of Baltimore's Inner Harbor, close to all the attractions, convention center, etc.

I hope to see you again on your next trip to Baltimore.

Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

The Brookshire Suites is a neat hotel situated just a few blocks from everything in downtown Baltimore. It is a short walk to the Inner Harbor, Little Italy and most of the fun places downtown. The staff was pleasant and helpful and the rooms were spacious and furnished in a fun and funky style (think pictures of Frank Zappa and modern furniture). Parking there was expensive but not really far from the norm. We would recommend this hotel to anyone who is staying in the city.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
HI Rick,

Thank you for your review of the Brookshire Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor. I appreciate your feedback. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you liked the new design and look for the Brookshire Suites. We're all about providing a unique Baltimore experience, which is why Frank Zappa, Mama Cass and Adam Duritz are featured musicians, as they were all born in Baltimore!

Thanks for helping spread the word. We appreciate it greatly. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Baltimore!

Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

I booked our reservation with Jennifer who was more then willing to help me with the budget we were on. Upon arrival we were greeting and checked in quickly. We were given a queen standard room on the 9th floor. We took our things upstairs then I came down on the elevator my biyfriend who doesnt like them took the stairs. Whilr waiting downstairs what I assumed to be the manager asked if I was waiting for the bar. I explained why I was sitting there and he told me there was no way back into the hotel if you took the stairs and offered to move us to a lower floor. We accepted and while moving rooms we were upgraded to a corner suites with 2 rooms and a beautiful view of the harbor. The staff welcomed us back each time we came through the door. Whether it was for a trip to town or just outside for a smoke. The house keeping also asked how our room was each morning as we didnt need any room services during our stay. I would highly recommend this hotel to friends and will be returning again if we ever visit Baltimore again.

• Stayed March 2014
Jason C, General Manager at Brookshire Suites Inner Harbor, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Hi BrokenBotton,

Thank you for your review of Brookshire Suites. I appreciate it very much.

Yes, that was me in the lobby the evening your boyfriend was walking down the stairs to meet you. That's a long hike down all those stairs. I am glad we were able to move you all to a lower floor so that he would feel more comfortable. It's always our goal to make sure our guests have the most enjoyable stay possible. I'm glad we had the conversation so you all could spend more time visiting the city and not waiting in the lobby!

If I can be of any assistance on your next trip to Baltimore, please do not hesitate to contact me! Thanks for staying with us. We do appreciate your business.

State College, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

This hotel is good located, next to the harbor.
The building is retrofitted, so the lobby and rooms are modern and clean. The staff was nice.
We arrived on a Saturday afternoon and they gave us a room in the second floor with view to the main street, and just in front of the elevator. The result was a noisy night and morning!
The valet parking was $36 so we decided to park ourselves just across the street for $14/day, which was worthy.
When we book a hotel, we expect a good night sleep, and it did not happen. That's the reason why this review is only average.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in a higher floor and far from the street.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Jason C, General Manager at Brookshire Suites Inner Harbor, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Thank you for your review of Brookshire Suites. I do appreciate the time you took to inform of us your experience.

I am sorry you did not get a good nights sleep due to exterior traffic/city noise. We do our best to minimize this for our guests as much as possible. Unfortunately being downtown in such a busy inner harbor location does, at times, have it challenges, as does being in any urban location. We do have a few rooms located on the back side of the hotel and next time you're with us, please mention the sensitivity to traffic noise and we will do our best to accommodate you in a more desirable location in the hotel.

I hope the rest of your visit was more enjoyable. I look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Baltimore.

Jason

Been to Brookshire Suites Inner Harbor? Share your experiences!