“GREAT IRISH PUB” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Tir Na Nog Irish Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #255 of 1,804 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American, Irish
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Calvert st
Description: Dedicated to the Irish tradition of hospitality and good times, Tir na nOg is a friendly neighborhood pub located in the heart of the Inner Harbor. Tir na nOg is where friends and family get together and celebrate all that life has to offer.
Prior Lake, Minnesota
“GREAT IRISH PUB”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

This Irish Pub on the Baltimore water front has many Irish brews I have only one rule about
drinking when I'm out on the town I limit my self to 2 drinks I wish that I would have had
a designated driver on this visit ! ! ! besides the brews they had a new soup on their menu
it was very seasonal the soup was " PUMPKIN & APPLE " the name alone made me want to
try it & I was NOT disappointed it was absolutely Fabulous

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Julia N, Manager at Tir Na Nog Irish Bar & Grill, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
We're very happy you enjoyed your experience at Tir na nOg. Our new chef is making new additions to the menu and the Pumpkin Apple soup is one of our favorites. Thanks for the review!

St. John's, Canada
“Not all that good, sad to say”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We dropped in for lunch and wouldn't have stayed after the first course, but thought we'd persevere in case the entrees were great. They weren't.
I'm not sure who thinks this is Irish food? I never ate anything this tasteless in Ireland.
The beer was fine though.

Visited October 2013
Huntington, New York
“good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Can't beat the view. Our first visit there we were a large group, accommodated easily and enjoyed the food. Second visit there we just needed a place to relax, outside on the deck, with drinks and snacks, and for people watching and enjoying the beautiful Inner Harbor view.

Visited August 2013
Columbus, Ohio
“Stick to the Guinness”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

I've been a guest at other Tir Na Nog pub restaurants in the past. I visited this location for a weekday lunch. On this particular day the weather was great and there were spectacular views from the outdoor patio. The Guinness draft was a superior pour and hit the spot perfectly. Then the food came... I ordered the buffalo chicken sandwich with fries. The food came out looking thrown on the plate in a mad rush, odd because our table was one of only a few seated customers ordering food. The chicken tasted as though it had been frozen and reheated in a microwave. A very thin buffalo sauce was splashed on the chicken. The resulting sogginess sort of offset the texture of an otherwise stale roll. The fries tasted of freezer burn and were not enjoyed by anyone at the table. The server was very nice, but disappeared after taking our order. She was replaced by a number of bus boys. I mention it only because it was fairly awkward having more than one bus boy for each table. We mentioned we were in a hurry but it still somehow took an hour to turn our table.

This restaurant has great potential, but they'd have to get serious about fixing the food situation to be able to stick around for very much longer. Otherwise it was a great place to grab a beer! I'd come back but would definitely eat first.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Delaware
“Gorgeous view for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Dined at lunch time, pre Orioles game. We sat outside overlooking the inner harbor under the large awning area; gorgeous area. Large selection of beer both on draft and bottled. Husband had fish tacos; he shared with me and they were fabulous and you get 3 good sized tacos. I had the spinach salad with strawberries, pecans and feta - very fresh and tasty, my son had the smoked turkey sandwich with fries; he said it was very good and my daughter in law had the crab cake sandwich - it was a very good sized crab cake with little/no filler - she enjoyed it. Our waitress was very friendly and helpful when we couldn't decide what to order.

• Visited September 2013