“So good! ” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Woodberry Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 1,805 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Union Avenue
Transit: We are conveniently located at the Woodberry light rail stop. Just exit the light rail and walk up Clipper Park Road and find us on the right hand side.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“So good! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Spend all of your money and calories for a wonderful meal. Craft cocktails (esp manhampden) blew my mind. Lobster pot was divine. Sauerkraut and brat was perfection. One dessert was better than the next. Loved the coffee toffee crunch. Servers were affected but whatever...

“Its a great place, but not perfect!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Went for Sunday brunch in March. The place has a great vibe and lovely decore. The menu was wonderful and unique and the food was exceptionally good. My 9 yr old did not care for his cage free organic eggs but my sample proved that he was just not used to something so delicious.

I almost gave 5 stars but a pot of coffee was delivered without a mug (and not quickly remedied) and an ordered drink was forgotten. Things easily overlooked at a lesser caliber restaurant but inexcusable here.

This is definitely one of the best restaurants in town and although you are going to pay for it, its worth every penny.

Fairfax, Virginia
“It was great....really great.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

We read about this place (we live in Northern Virginia) and went when the opportunity presented itself. Firstly, we look forward to going again. The room is gorgeous...really different and fun. The service was mostly wonderful. Our server, who has been there for six years, was not overly deferential and friendly (like someone who sells stuff at Neiman-Marcus), but the team got the job done. The food was just perfect. We had the beets (wife did...said they were perfect) and tomato soup (with a real neat grilled cheese addition) for starters. Excellent. We had fish and some sort of stew....both were cooked to perfection. The bread and the chips they had were pretty fun, too.

The wine list was like no other that I can recently recall. Like, there was pretty much nothing that was commercially popular, and the wines by the glass proved to be first-rate. They had a great craft beer that I enjoyed, too. You have to read the whole wine list...it is why I want to come back with another bunch of folk who drink....to enjoy the different flavors. All in all, one of the more fun dining experiences so far this year. I would recommend this place, and they key to any recommendation is that I am looking forward to doing it again.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland
“Ok, but more hype than wow.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

We have eaten here three of four times in the past year as various friends love the place. I would say the food is good for the most part but not great. They are a bit too caught up in trying to come off as different and high cuisine. That's fine but let's not forget the important of taste, moist meats, etc.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore
“Fabulous but a little inconsistent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

I feel a little conflicted writing a review for Woodberry. We've been coming here since it opened, fairly frequently, either as a date night, or with the kids, or with friends. The atmosphere is fantastic; the service is unfailingly wonderful; they're very nice and supportive of children eating there, as many expensive restaurants are not; I absolutely LOVE how they change their menu seasonally to accommodate cooking with mostly fresh, local and in- season ingredients; and also that they are so vegan/vegetarian friendly. Their weekend brunch is utterly divine and can't be beat (omg, that bread basket is through the roof). Having said all that, their dinners are kind of wildly inconsistent. I think of Woodberry as being like the Andre Agassi of restaurants. When they're good, nobody can touch them. When they're bad, they're really bad. You just never know what you're going to get. I've had meals that rank among the best I've eaten in my life. I've had meals that were good but not great. I've had meals that were almost barely edible. We've eaten here frequently enough to know that it's not just a fluke, and for the money it costs, you don't want to gamble on a disappointing meal. I've found that asking the servers what they recommend usually yields good results. Also, sticking with the seasonal dishes instead of more standard items is a good bet. And if unsure, go to brunch.