“Very good meal with great service!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Woodberry Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 1,805 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Union Avenue
Transit: We are conveniently located at the Woodberry light rail stop. Just exit the light rail and walk up Clipper Park Road and find us on the right hand side.
“Very good meal with great service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Some friends and I ate here two weeks ago. The service was excellent and the food was very good. My one friend has a gluten allergy and the waitstaff picked up on that and without requesting it, they brought her their gluten free bread....it was so delicious, the whole table wanted it. Good meal and great service.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Maryland
“Eh.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Waited a month to go because they are so popular that it is hard to get a reservation. Took my husband for his birthday and I was really excited. I unfortunately, don't really understand the hype.
The good: We arrived early for our reservation at 9 and was seated immediately. Our server was attentive, but not over bearing. Menu was eclectic. Cocktails were good.
The mediocre: The food. I had lobster. The flavor was good, but it was over cooked and therefore rubbery. My husband had the chicken and again was over cooked so it was dry.
For the price, the preparation should be spot on, but fell way short. I will not return.

Visited November 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Hip, Dialed-In kind of Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

I have been to Woodberry Kitchen a few times now and my review is about the collection of those trips...most recent in November of 2013.

In a word, the place is awesome. I travel to Baltimore for work and am a born-and-bread Minnesotan. So, the flannel shirted hipsters working in an old mill building make a lot of sense to me. They also serve my favorite drink, the Moscow Mule, except under a different name (Government Mule) which they absolutely deserve to do because they make their own ginger beer and a syrup for the drink...they serve it properly in a nice copper mug and zest ginger on top...perfection.

The food is also amazing. We've had a number of different oysters on the half shell which have always been good, presented nicely. They have a collection of their own hand-made accompaniments for the oysters, but I'm a traditionalist and always go for cocktail sauce, sometimes throwing a dash of their "snake oil" on for heat...the only argument I'd have is I'd like to have some shaved horseradish there so I could dial that up a bit...but it's already in the cocktail sauce.

Their home made deviled eggs are good...wholesome, comforting.

They prepare the food in the main room, in an honest and straightforward fashion. They seem to care about how it comes out, how you feel about it. The servers are knowledgeable about every aspect and go into incredible detail. They are funny, happy, and absolutely packed to the gills with people when you go (recommend a reservation).

It can get to be a bit pricey, but don't let that persuade you away the food is well worth it. I seem to gravitate to whatever dish they've turned their braised short rib into. This time it was a pot pie made with lots of hearty rib meat, sweet potatoes, vegetables and topped with a nice flakey crust that was not overdone or overly carb loaded.

You always seem to get a dish that seems tiny and that couldn't possibly satisfy you...and then it does exactly what you thought it couldn't. The portions are spot on, better than you yourself can even determine them...and there is always room to grab a few small plates at the end of your meal if you are truly unsatisfied.

Love. That's the best word I can use to describe it...everyone there seems to genuinely love food and the experience...this is a must if you're in Baltimore and want a unique experience with good quality comforting food.

Visited November 2013
Willow Street, Pennsylvania
“A Hip Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

This hard-to-find restaurant in an old factory building is quite an experience. Cutting-edge menu has lots of spicy and "different" dishes. Nice selection of oysters and fresh produce. Has very few "standard" dishes. Breakfasts were fine except for eggs benedict (eggs were runny and almost raw). Very friendly and knowledgeable service.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Linthicum, MD
“Highest Quality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Having read a lot of reviews, we were almost expecting long waits and amateurish service. Happily, we experienced none of these. We were greeted warmly, and seated immediately. Our waitress was an absolute delight. She was warm and knowledgeable. My husband had raw oysters to start. I had a salad. He did say that the oysters had not been expertly shucked. We both ordered comfort-food type main dishes. He had the chicken with a biscuit, and I had the turkey pot pie. Mine came with a perfectly dressed frisee salad, with cherry tomatoes and a beautiful thinly-sliced vegetable that I could not identify. It turned out to be the prettiest radishes I had ever seen. My pot pie was so flavorful! I ate very slowly as I neared the end, as I simply didn't want to finish it. It really was delectable. We had a nice bottle of a dry white French wine. If you are celebrating a special occasion, be sure you mention it in advance. I had told them that we were celebrating my birthday when I called to reconfirm our reservation. My dessert (coffee ice cream with toffee) came on a plate with "Happy Birthday" beautifully written in chocolate, along with a little candle. In keeping with the comfort food theme, my husband had butterscotch pudding for dessert. It turned out that our waitress was a fellow French major, so the fact that we could speak a little French was the icing on the cake. We had a lovely dinner. There is no question that it was an expensive meal. For those who appreciate the finest ingredients prepared with great care, you will almost certainly feel that it is worth every penny.

• 5 of 5 stars Food