“Turkish Delight” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cazbar

Cazbar
316 N Charles St, Baltimore, MD 21201-4302 (Downtown)
410-528-1222
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cazbar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 1,803 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Saratoga Street
Description: The Cazbar is Baltimore’s first and only Turkish Restaurant located at the heart of the Historic Charles Street District. We feature authentic Turkish cuisine in a warm and inviting atmosphere. We are open daily for Lunch and Dinner. Join us on Friday or Saturday nights for our exotic Belly Dancing shows and our new lounge. In addition, we have two very unique and beautiful banquet rooms that can accommodate an intimate dinner for 2 or a gathering for 100. If you’re in the mood for something light, visit us at our Kebap House in Columbia, Maryland. For corporate, residential, or hotel catering, please contact me at chef@cazbarbaltimore.com I invite you to join us for a unique dining experience at the Cazbar. -Haluk Kantar Chef / Owner
Lethbridge, Canada
“Turkish Delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

This might be a small place but it packs a wallop gastronomically . It was like visiting one of the restaurants in downtown Istanbul: the food was as authentic as it was delightful. For dinner, the appetizers were excellent; the entrees were better. The lamb dishes we had were cooked perfectly. Despite the fact that they were very busy on a Saturday night, we were not rushed in any way.

Arlington, VA, USA
“LOVE LOVE LOVE me some Cazbar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

The Sultan Platter (small for 2 people, large for 4 people) is an absolute bargain at $65 (small). The mixed Meze plate includes babaganoush, hummus, and a few other cold Turkish mezzes that are fresh and delicious; the bread they provide to eat these with is also very good. Then the main course comes with the works – lamb, beef, salmon, kofte (minced lamb), and shrimp. The rice they give is some of the best rice I’ve ever had, and the portions are very generous. You’re almost guaranteed to have leftovers to take home. And for dessert you get rice pudding. Seriously, for about $32.50 per person, I challenge you to find a better deal for the quality and quantity of food in a large metro area. I love it here. The service is also excellent. The servers/waiters are generally younger (early 20s) and are attentive, friendly, and courteous (you don’t have to go very far to find people that age that don’t care about their job). Absolutely wonderful experience. I’ve been 3 times in 2 months and will be back again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Maryland
“Wish we had known about the belly dancing...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Yup, on the weekends they have belly dancing! Unfortunately we missed out on the show but fortunately we didn't miss out on the food! Our waitress was awesome and made excellent recommendations since it was everyone's first time having Turkish food. The Sultan's Feast is a perfect first time meal to share and try a little bit of everything. We'll definitely be back again and next time we'll make sure to take part in the belly dancing!

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Expected it to be good. Exceeded expectations.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

I loved this place. We ordered a variety of hot and cold mezze (small plates), and everything was delicious! Portions were bigger than I expected from small plates, making this a good value as well. Service was excellent, and the atmosphere was fun and casual, but not loud. If I lived in the area, I would definitely be a regular.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
baltimore
“Loved it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Great food, excellent service,
I grew up in Europe and I am familiar with Turkish food. The dishes were pretty authentic. My boyfriend is extremely picky but he liked all the dishes he tried. We will be back soon with family.
The service was very friendly and efficient.

• 4 of 5 stars Food