“Comfortable Beds & Nicest Staff!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #35 of 59 Hotels in Baltimore
Chincoteague Island
“Comfortable Beds & Nicest Staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Stayed here for 10 days while my husband was a patient at Johns Hopkins. The room was so very comfortable! We'd stayed before, but the hotel has been updated since then and the room was really beautiful. The hotel offers special rates for Hopkins' patients & families and the staff could not have been more accommodating and helpful. Although the hotel was filled with visitors who were in Baltimore for the "Sailabration" (tall ships and Fathers' Day weekend festivities), they still managed to cater to those visiting for medical reasons. The free shuttle was very convenient for both hospital visitors and tourists, and the drivers made every effort to help everyone. There was a generous free breakfast each morning and the restaurant menu offered plenty of choices for lunch or dinner as well. Great hotel - can't wait to come back for fun!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Liverpool, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

if you are going on a cruise from Baltimore--this is a good place to stay. The room was very nice and bed was great---we had a king size. It was close to cruise port and I love the fact that you can leave your car and they take you to and from the hotel to the port. It was a great place to stay for the price.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

December 2011...we had booked a 7-day cruise on Carnival Pride (from Baltimore to the Bahamas and back to Baltimore) and we chose the Best Western Plus Hotel (5625 O'Donnell Streeet) as our cruiseport hotel as we were driving down from Montreal;

It was (thanks to Stay 123) a very good choice as it cost a little bit more than the parking in the port of Baltimore and we got a good, clean room with a view of the port of Baltimore (we actually saw our ship the Pride sailing in the port of Baltimore as we were getting ready for breakfast) and a really outstanding free two-way shuttlle to the port of Baltimore ( believe it or not, when we debarked at the end of the cruise, very early in the morning, our shuttle driver was ACTUALLY waiting for us ! )

We have another reservation in this hotel for September 2012...as we cruise again from the port of Baltimore.

Room Tip: if you are cruising ask for a room on the higher floors facing the port..so you can see your ship.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Harrisburg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

I traveled to this Best Western several times from November 2011 to March 2012. My father was being evaluated for a lung transplant at University of Maryland. The trip was difficult for him so we would stay, usually, two nights each time. This hotel has one or two wings set aside just for medical travelers, and there is a guest room just for the medical travelers that has a small TV area and snack area. (That is on level 6.)

The hotel has a shuttle service that takes visitors to Inner Harbor, Johns Hopkins, and U. of MD. We relied on that shuttle exculsively to go to the medical appointments. The shuttle drivers are wonderfully kind and we got to know a couple of them, especially K (you know who you are!), a kind gentleman who treated my parents with much respect and helpfulness.
The room we stayed in was not in top notch shape, but it was very clean. The beds and pillows were in very good shape. The water was always hot. The staff gave me anything extra I needed quickly. The kitchen staff, even though busy, got me a tray each morning so I could carry breakfast up to my parents, as my father could not easily go down for breakfast. As to the issue of the scrambled eggs in another review: My parents loved them. I hated them. So it's a matter of taste! I have my own chickens, so no chef can really top that. The sausage was great. The waffles were amazing. Yes, I have been to hotels that had a greater variety for breakfast, but I was paying a LOT MORE per night at those hotels. If you are staying for more than 2 nights, you probably will want to go out for breakfast some of the time.

The swimming pool is nice, but they have trouble keeping the hot tub working. It only worked one of the times I was there. That was disappointing, as I love the hot tub. If that is important to you, you should call ahead to be sure it is working. The location is not good if you want to walk outside, but the shuttle will take you downtown and it runs every hour. There is a McDonalds in the parking lot. It is very easy to get on and off I95.
I think that the most important thing I can say about this hotel, in general, is that we kept going back. My father has since passed away, but we have good memories of being together at that Best Western and it will always be a special place to me because we were treated so well there.

Room Tip: Medical travelers should ask the booking agent for the medical wing pricing.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

What a fantastic place to stay. Floors are gleaming...there is no real noise..plugging in my numerous electronics did not give me the heebie jeebies from frightening discoveries like every other hotel. This place is spotless and smells beautiful everywhere you go. The location is fantastic! Its on top of 95 and every major artery and if you dont want to drive there is a free shuttle to escort you around and avoid the parking problems here. So far I've had the cream of crab soup which was luscious and the beef tips with rice in Tradewinds which were tender and well done. There is Seattle's Best coffee freshly brewed and available in multiple locations. There is a dinner theatre and a buffet which is posted everywhere including the menus for every date. For foodies this is a priceless location as it sits on top of the legendary "Boston St" which is the equivalent of Restaurant Row. The famed Broadway Diner is around the corner as is Chaps Pit Beef 4 miles away. Cross St Market is also a short ride as well as the gorgeous Inner Harbor. Only thing missing here is an outdoor pool ....other than that its perfection. I checked in as the ten tornadoes were forming. I was never so glad to be checking into a brick fortress that was not plush but certainly a safe harbor in a weather emergency. I got under my sweet smelling crispy sheets and watched hundreds of cable channels and enjoyed my free wifi until the coast was clear. Didnt have to leave for a meal. The breakfast is quite nice. Its powdered eggs but most chafing dish eggs are. Everything is fresh and generous and the BW waffles are always great. Terrific stay. Will be back and recommend.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Preston, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

All of the staff were very helpful and pleasant. The park and cruise package is a really good deal and the fact that the hotel is very nice made the deal even better.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Vanouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Stayed at the hotel for 5 nights with the family. Front desk and room attendants were all very welcoming and did their jobs exceptionally well.
Rooms were clean and the amenities were excellent; especially the frequent shuttle service to Inner Harbour and John Hopkins Hospital.
Breakfast buffet was good and ala carte service in the evening was very good.
A nice touch would have been concierge service.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!