“Decent B&B” 4 of 5 stars
Review of 1840s Carrollton Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Baltimore
1840s Carrollton Inn
50 Albemarle Street, Baltimore, MD 21202   |
Special Price
$100 off room rate
Ranked #5 of 18 Baltimore B&B and Inns
Titusville, Florida
“Decent B&B”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Driving to New Jersey we decided to stop over in Baltimore (where my wife is from) and give the 1840's Carrollton Inn a try. The Inn itself is not that bad, however the neighborhood seems a tad sketchy. Once checked in the room was fairly nice. However, I thought the toiletries seemed very basic for the price we were paying (approx. $250) on an off-night. The location is about average, maybe a 10-15 minute walk to the harbor area. My only complaint is that at about ten at night my wife started to get the chills. I went down to the lobby to see if there were any drug stores open nearby so that I could buy her some medicine. However, no one seemed to be working the front desk at that hour so I had to make a few phone calls.

Overall, a decent experience, but I would probably look into a property closer to the harbor area if I am back in Baltimore.

347 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Just got home after a two night stay. All I can say is I can hardly wait to go back. We stayed in the Patriot Room. The website photos are right on. No surprises other than our experience was far greater than would have imagined. The staff are warm, friendly, accommodating and casually professional (essential for a bed and breakfast in my opinion). No question we will return.....and soon! Also, got a peak at the Declaration Room. Next time we will book this suite!

Attention to detail comes to mind. It felt like being home on holiday!

Room Tip: This Inn looks exactly like the photos and then some!
new jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

My husband and I and two other couples made plans for this trip about 5 months ago. We decided to stay at the 1840s Carrollton Inn after reading all the great reviews on Trip Advisor. We always have a wonderful time during these trips. This time was very special because of the latest storm, Sandy. All of us were so exhausted from having no electricity and no heat. The idea of getting away was like heaven to us. When we arrived, we were very pleased. The inn is beautifully decorated and our rooms were wonderful. The staff was also very pleasant and accommodating. The inn is in a great location, just a couple of blocks from Little Italy in Baltimore. We could walk to most places. If we wanted to go a little further, there was a bus that could take us to the Inner Harbor and back. This was very convenient. Baltimore is a great city with lots to see and do. Usually, we get to meet the innkeepers or manager of the inns where we stay. This time we did not. During breakfast (which was delicious), we were a little disappointed that no one every asked us if they could help us with our plans or even make a suggestion about what to do in the area. Most of the bed and breakfasts we have stayed in have a book with so many restaurant menus to look at, but the inn had a book with only about 10 restaurants. Baltimore has so many, we really didn't have any idea where to go eat. When we asked the staff about where to go for seafood or italian, they were kind of vague about where to go. There is a computer there if we wanted to look up restaurants and their menus, but we didn't have any luck with that. The menus would not come up on the screen. It would be very helpful if the inn kept copies of many more restaurant menus in the area. Putting that aside, we really did have a wonderful time. The inn is beautiful and very clean and in a wonderful location. The six of us have been doing this for about 20 years, and this was another great trip.

Room Tip: We had a room on the first floor facing the street. There are shutters on the bottom half of the wi...
Mt. Bethel pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We had a wonderful time. The staff was so nice and friendly. The room was very clean and the bed was so comfy. Even though we do not like cites at all, it felt like we were not in one when we enterd the b&b. Thanks for making our stressful trip to Baltimore a relaxing one.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Collegeville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We spent our 20th anniversary at the Carrollton Inn in Baltimore. The place was great! Awesome location; only two blocks from Little Italy and only a few short blocks from Baltimore's Inner Harbor! The staff was very courteous and went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. The rooms were beautifully decorated. The bed was comfortable and the jacuzzi tub was a nice touch. They served complimentary breakfast in the morning which was delicious. We will definitely stay there again and I would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room off the street corner.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

This is my fourth time staying at the INN and I always have a beautiful time. They make me feel so special everytime I stay. I'm always coming by myself because, I like to do me. It is so close to shops and restaurants and I don't have to move my car; once I park it. The breakfast is excellent and I like to the idea of the breakfast being delivered to my room. I have stayed in the Diplomat Suite, the Congressional Room and the Caton Suite. It is my goaled to stay in all the suites and rooms. I try to come to the INN two time a year. Looking forward to going again real soon.

Room Tip: If you are traveling solo, the 1840 Carrollton Inn is the place to stay.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Chantilly, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

My husband and I try to get away every few months from the stress of work and the kids. We have been to many bed and breakfasts. I spend a lot of time researching where we should go. I came across this place in March. We stayed in room 201. We loved it. The in room breakfast was excellent and the room was very quiet and relaxing. So last week we decided to go again. This time we reserved room 203. Everything was fine except for the very loud noise coming from the street. This room is located on the corner where there is a traffic signal. All night we could hear the trucks, police cars, and buses driving by. I did complain the next morning to the front desk lady. I told her it was very noisy. She said, "oh yeah, you where in the independence suite" WHAT? Why did you not tell me this was a very noisy room when I reserved it? You should at least mention the location of the rooms in relation to the street traffic. When we were driving back home, I was falling asleep in the car because we could not sleep well all night. So much for relaxing and distressing. I will go back but will reserve room 201 not 203. Beware noise level in room 203!

Room Tip: Beware of noise level in room 203!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to 1840s Carrollton Inn? Share your experiences!