“Just beautiful!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 18 Baltimore B&B and Inns
North Massapequa, New York
“Just beautiful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for one night (wish it was longer) on our way back from South Carolina to New York. We stayed in the Tudor Room. The room was clean and just beautiful. The furnishings were beautiful and loved the colors in the room. We arrived in the mid-afternoon and the first thing I noticed was the afternoon sunshine shining in through the windows.....it was quite welcoming. We loved our accomodations and the breakfast the next morning in the dining room was outstanding. The people that worked there were very friendly and accomodating as well. We will definitely be coming back again! Make sure you leave enough time to stroll through the beautiful gardens and don't forget your camera! I think September was a perfect time to stay (peaceful) but a little too chilly to enjoy their beautiful, large outdoor pool.

Room Tip: Can't please everyone and I am so glad that I didn't pay attention to any of the negative co...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Lansdale, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

If you want to impress your wife, book this B&B. Our kids booked us a weekend there for our 40th anniversary. My husband was stopped dead in his tracks as soon as we entered the door. You feel like you have stepped back in time and any minute will see ladies in long dresses being escorted down the long staircase on the arms of handsome gentlemen. Our room was spacious and comfortable, even though we were located in the wing that had probably once been servants' quarters. We were free to roam the rooms downstairs and let our imaginations run to Victorian times. Breakfast was another treat. The food and service was excellent. It was fun pouring over the offerings and deciding the night before. We also enjoyed exploring the grounds. The gardens were gorgeous. It was fun spotting the statues hidden among the flowers. We did spend time in Baltimore enjoying a food tour but I would have been just as pleased spending out whole time stepping back in time at Gramercy Mansion. Would love to go again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reading, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

I wanted to plan a getaway for my husband's bday. I found the Gramercy online. The pics were beautiful so we made a reservation. The staff called back to notify us there was a wedding taking place that weekend. They wanted to rule out any noise concerns for us. We were impressed with their follow up & decided to change our reservations to a week earlier. So glad we did. We stayed in the Tower Room . It was beyond our expectations and so much lovelier in person. We strolled the grounds and viewed all the antiquest for sale. They served a delicious and filling breakfast in our room.
If you decide to splurge on their romance package... it is soo worth it. The next day we were staying at their sister property- 1840's Carrollton Inn. The staff was gracious and provided us with a complimentary upgrade. We can't say enough about the property or the staff. You should experience it for yourself!

Room Tip: The Inn is very active hositing events. If you decide to stay while an event is taking place I would...
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

we loved there!
We went to Baltimore for my birthday trip in August 2012.
Also this trip was the very last trip we would go just two of us.
I explained about our situations to the mansion, and they gave us complementary upgrade because of my birthday!
the pool was not the best... lol Because I saw the chairs are tear up and leafs were in the pool and seems like nobody take care.
The breakfast was tasty with antique dishes.
There are a lot of antique stuffs in their mansion which you can purchase.
Absolutely best B&B in my life!!!!!!!!

Baltimore Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

My husband and I went back to Gramercy for our 4th visit to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We stayed in the Tower Room on the top floor just as we did on 3 prior visits. The room was lovely as it was nicely decorated, well lit, and had a wonderful double jacuzzi type tub. The bathroom was very large and modern. The breakfast the next morning was wonderful. Everything was fresh and presented very nicely. We choose to dine in our room. We used the pool and walked in the lovely gardens. The staff was outstanding. This B & B is very quiet during the week and very peaceful. I do not know what weekends would be like when there is a wedding taking place. We will go back.

Baltimore, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

My husband and I spent decent amount of money for our wedding, so we didn't have enough at that tome to go somewhere on a honeymoon. We still wanted to go somewhere for couple days right after our wedding. I started looking for some nice place in Maryland and found Gramercy Mansion. I read a lot of good reviews about it, but even couldn't imagine that it's so GREAT!!!
When we got there we immediately fell in love with this place. It's so beautiful and romantic. It has big property where you can lost if you want or hide from other people. There is nice swimming pool in Gramercy Mansion, where my husband and I enjoyed beautiful summer weather.
The breakfast was literally THE BEST BREAKFAST, that We've ever had. Since then whenever we go with my husband, we always compare a breakfast to the Gramercy Mansion's and it always less impressive then we had there!!!
What can I say more?! We will definitely come back to Gramercy Mansion again and not once!!!

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with any room of Gramercy Mansion !!!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I was very excited about the Gramercy, seeing as how I was going to be homeless for 2 days in between University appointments. While making arrangements, everyone that I spoke to on the phone was very accommodating, especially since I was on a tight budget until the school offered to assist me in finding temporary housing. The Gramercy property is absolutely breathtaking. The road leading up to the house and grounds NEEDS to be re-paved - it's just simple not in good shape at all. When I arrived, I was surprised that the owner's husband chose to park in my parking spot (reserved for my room) when he could have parked anywhere, so I parked in the public lot for my first night. Checking in was easy and I couldn't believe the ornate and delicate touches to the rooms - the detail in every room will astound you and amaze you. I was also surprised and disappointed that the internet in my room did not work for the duration of my stay and nothing could be done about it (I e-mailed and then had to tell someone in person). When I went upstairs to the third floor to print out documents, the printer wasn't working and there wasn't any paper. A very nice lady gave me a quick tour and the keys to the Blue Garden Suite to do my work, but it was a haul dragging my books and laptop up there to try and grade papers. I really needed to get work done and not having internet made it impossible and delayed when my students got their grades by days. My room, the Tudor room, was a time traveler's delight and I felt as if I were sent back to the 19th century. AMAZING room. I loved everything about it. The pool was also beautiful and night swimming is a MUST. The private entrance attached to the Tudor room made it easy to go back and forth. The first breakfast I had was incredible and the young lady that greeted me and served it to me was so nice and pleasant! Excellent food. My second day was great, the car was no longer parked in my spot, and my best friend came to stay with me which was nice. There weren't enough toiletries for two people, so we shared. My last morning was okay, the staff seemed distracted, annoyed, or bothered by other things going on at the hotel or maybe it was just me, who knows. I just noticed that everyone seemed to be on edge for some reason and it lacked the warmth that was there when I arrived - which made me sad. I loved the property, my room was incredible, my best friend had a great time, walking around the mansion at night was a treat, and the food was great, however, I think it's important that if a room had internet issues, that it is checked prior to a guests arrival and if the room is based on double occupancy, that additional toiletries are provided. Also, make sure no one is in a guest's parking spot, so when they look for their room, they're not driving around searching for it, unsure of where to park. I highly encourage couples to stay here and workaholics like myself since it is the epitome of comfort and peace. I would definitely stay here again and hope to very soon, I would just ask more questions about the room that I chose to ensure maximum satisfaction since it is expensive to stay here.

Other rooms I would stay in: The Hunt Room and Magnolia Room < small rooms, but beautiful with gorgeous bathrooms.

Property is perfect for: Weddings, romantic getaways.

Typical breakfast: Your choice of eggs, fruit, beverages (coffee, tea, cider, juice), and there is usually a special. ***my favorite part of the stay!

Room Tip: The Blue Garden suite is perfect for a family or a girl's night, and the Tudor room is very priv...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Gramercy Mansion? Share your experiences!