“A good choice for family vacation” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore

You added Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   625 South President Street, Baltimore, MD 21202 (Little Italy)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #8 of 59 Hotels in Baltimore
Denville, New Jersey
“A good choice for family vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

I took my family to this hotel on our first trip to Baltimore and we had a pleasant time there. The lobby and room were clean and spacious. Hotel staff including concierge and reception desk were very pleasant and helpful.

The suites are especially suitable for tight families. In my case, we had a 1 year old baby who shared the King bed with me and my wife, while the 12 year old took the pullout sleeper which was pretty comfortable. The room also had a kitchen who found useful for feeding the baby with formula. The only negative thing I can think of is that the breakfast area is a little small and crowded. We couldn't find an empty table when we went down to have breakfast and it seems the tables were not cleaned up fast enough.

One thing to watch out is the parking. The parking garage is connected to the hotel, but the entrance is on another street on the back of the hotel. The problem was that on that street there were many parking garages and there was no sign to indicate which one is for the hotel. I ended up getting into a wrong one and had to call the hotel to figure out which garage was for the hotel.

Overall, it's a pretty good hotel for family stay. Its location is also pretty good, a few minutes of walk to the aquarium and other activities on the harbor front. I will probably stay at this hotel again next time I go there.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
West Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

My family and I traveled here and loved the hotel! Everything about it was great. Finding it was very easy, and parking around the corner wasn't bad. We never left the hotel parking lot so it was $22 for the day, not bad for the location. Check in was quick.

The room (1162) was not bad at all! Everything was clean, the furnishings were well maintained, and everything was comfy. All the kitchen appliances were nice too. The two TV sets were beautiful, flat screen, but in the pouring rain the picture was as good as it usually was. Everything looked great, modern, upbeat, and clean. The hallways were beautiful too.

The location was awesome, good restaurants near by and in a really nice neighborhood. Near the hotel was many plants, flags, and a beautiful sculpture. It's right by one of the Water Taxis and a quick walk to all the downtown waterfront stuff, like all the ships, museums, Baltimore World Trade Center, shops, ect. Beautiful area to walk through.

As for value, I'm not sure. I used Hilton HHonors Points, and 35,000 is not bad ... compared to others nearby.

Just a couple things I would like to point out. One, obviously it's connected to a Hilton Garden Inn, if you couldn't see on their website. Two, the pools are not theirs, they are in the connected MAC (Maryland Athletic Club, I think was the name). It's all connected, but it's not for just guests only. My only sole complaint was the breakfast area, it was kinda filled with people and getting a table was hard. For a 12 story hotel, I would expect something bigger. Everything was stocked well and replaced fast, but there was not a lot of space in "the lodge." I had to wait a bit to make my waffle, too. I understand there is a lot of people, but I went to see the Great American Grille (Hilton Garden Inn's Restaurant) and it was almost 3 times bigger! And, there were about half as many guest eating there as there were for the Homewood Suites. Still, the food was free and rather tasty. A word for the wise, get their early. The suites were a tad bit smaller than most Homewood Suites, but it's a downtown location.

Other than that, the hotel was exceptional! I was very pleased with the moder look and the great location, so much to see and do.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying downtown.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010

Having been to the Inner Harbor in the past for recreation, I was a little nervous about spending a week in Baltimore as a solo traveler. My fears were for naught. This area of the Harbor is so clean and nice, and there wasn't one single moment, that I didn't feel safe! My home away from home was everything that I needed; kitchen, desk, free Wifi, great bed with lots of pillows, and I even had a small harbor view outside of my window. For the non-discriminating eater, there is free food offered on the 2nd floor; breakfast in the morning, and a very small dinner selection M-Th between 5-7 with self service wine and tap beer. There are lots of restaurant choices within walking distance for both lunch and dinner. James Joyce, the Irish Pub across the street has great food - I enjoyed their grilled cajun chicken ceasar salad so much, I went back a 2nd time for it! For those who prefer to save a few bucks and utilize their kitchen, there is a Whole Foods Market conveniently located right around the corner, and a liquor store on that same block. As others have mentioned, there is a Starbucks, Haagen Dazs, and Movie Theater, right outside the Hotel's front entrance. After enjoying dinner at Phillips Seafood, we stopped at Dicks Last Resort for drinks on the way back and that's a fun restaurant/bar for adults to enjoy... they even had live music. All in all, I was so satisfied with this location and my accommodations, that when returning to the IH in the future for our trips to the ballpark, we will stay here!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Weirton, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

This hotel is nice and good for the price, overall. In the same building is the Hilton Garden Inn. Let's start with the positives. They offer a free, hot breakfast every morning. Scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage...the works. They also offer free drinks and a dinner meal Monday through Thursday. The room was clean. The sheets were clean. No body hair in the bathroom or on the toilet, which is something that irks me about some places. There is a refrigerator, two burner stove, microwave and dishwasher in every room. And it is so close to the Inner Harbor that there is no reason to drive there. Short walk and you are in the center of it all. Also a short walk to Little Italy. The neighborhood where the hotel is located is very nice and safe. It's also very low key in the evenings and at night. No loud kids or teenagers running amok. Families, business people, etc. Very nice. But, as with many hotels, the cleaning staff is normally from another country and English tends not to be their primary language, however, they can usually understand what you are saying. From the day we arrived, we had to call the front desk everyday to get more wash cloths. There were my husband and I, our teenager and our infant. So we atleast needed three cloths, as I brought the baby's from home. But everyday we would arrive back at our room to find 1 or 2. The one day I caught up with the maid she had no idea what I was saying when I said wash cloth. She tried to give me soap, shampoo and a hand towel. Also, we tip everybody...the housekeeping, maintenance (when they had to come twice to replace light bulbs), and even the people who brought us our wash cloths. And one time I said enough is enough...why are we tipping the person who brings us our wash cloths when we didn't get them the first time around? So the guy who brought them asked us 2 more times if there was anything else we needed or he could get us until my husband finally gave him a dollar. And he smiled and left. Also, they have one washer and dryer on three floors only...and there are twelve floors. So many times when you go to do your laundry you have to go up and down the floors to see which dryer is empty.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

I've had nothing but good experiences with Homewood Suites, and I think my best experience with them was in Baltimore. The rooms are big, spacious, tidy, and homey. The furniture was comfortable, the view was great, and the staff was very friendly. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

We stayed two nights at this hotel. Overall was a very good experience. The location is good and the rooms are pretty spacious.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Long Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2010

Since trip advisor helped me pick this, I wanted to help others make this good choice. Location is wonderful. You can walk everywhere or pick up the FREE Charm City Circulator right on the corner. Large, clean, comfortable suite. Nice breeze on the rooftop deck. We didn't have time for the pool in the athletic club next door, but did walk through the facility and it's beautiful. Our only problem was a non-working clock, but we called the front desk and they sent a new one up fairly quickly. 24-hour CVS around the corner was convenient. James Joyce pub across the street was really nice too. Great value for the price.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore? Share your experiences!