“Good Option with some flaws” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore

Save Saved
You added Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   625 South President Street, Baltimore, MD 21202 (Little Italy)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #6 of 63 Hotels in Baltimore
Dallas, Texas
“Good Option with some flaws”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Overall good hotel in excellent location. Rooms are nice but could have been cleaner.... just didn't feel or look as clean as I would have expected.

Breakfast is good and the gym access is also great. Overall would return and would recommend but with some warnings.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

I actually checked into this hotel today, and I am pleasantly surprised! So far, service has been exceptional. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. The room is spacious and clean. My 3 year old loves the pool, and the fitness area is great!
Location is walking distance to everything worthwhile in Baltimore, so we are set for a fantastic weekend!!

• Stayed April 2013
Delens, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for such lovely feedback! I appreciate you taking the time to share your impressions of the service you've received and I look forward to sharing it with the hotel team. Our relationship with the Maryland Athletic Club, adjacent to the hotel, is certainly a benefit and I am pleased that they share their swimming pool with our guests. Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back in the future!
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Everything was nice at this hotel. Great location near the Inner Harbor. I received a corner suite on the top floor and had a great view. My room was very clean and the staff were very friendly. My only complaint and why I didn't give 5 stars is because the coffee in the room is terrible!! This seems to be the normal at homewood suites and I am not sure why??? The coffee at the breakfast was good, but I like to drink my coffee as I "putter" around in the morning getting dressed. However, there is a Starbucks next door.

Room Tip: Request a high floor.
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We had a "panoramic" suite which was very large for the 2 of us, and as others have said although it didn't have a water view, we still enjoyed it since it was so large and had so many windows. The city view was still pretty even though it wasn't the harbor, esp. for the price.

The room was clean and the bed was super comfortable. We had everything we needed and you can't beat the location. One block to the water taxi, lots of restaurants out the front door and an easy walk to Fells Point or Inner Harbor. The valet parking was convenient and does offer free in/out but you really don't need a car to visit most areas.

The front desk staff and valet were very friendly and helpful. We didn't have to wait for anything, even they they seemed really busy. Although the lobby seemed busy every time we came through, we couldn't hear anyone else from our room. My only complaint is that some things in the room seemed a little worn - the shower curtain was frayed, sofa was stained and several of the towels were less than white. Overall, I would still stay here again because of the space, value and location.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Delens, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for taking time to share feedback following your visit. I am pleased you enjoyed the room and the view and appreciate your understanding at the buildilng development around us that has impeded the view in some places! We hope to welcome you back in the future for another great stay at the Homewood Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We spent a night there on a recent trip, and got a good rate on an upgraded suite billed as panoramic view. We paid extra for the view.There were indeed a lot of windows on two sides of the corner room but on such a low floor that the panorama was of a parking garage, restaurant, etc. Some decent city views (Picture will be attached of that), but had we had a higher floor the views would have been great. It is attached to a Hilton Garden Inn; they literally share the same lobby. Lovely neighborhood (although from my window in the early morning I did see a good sized rat trying to break into the restaurant across the street. The good news was that he seemed unsuccessful. It is a wharf area, after all....) Ten minute interesting walk to all the amusements of the Inner Harbor. The water taxi was not running when we arrived late, but the walk was fun.

Great location for taking in a sporting event or for a family to spread out and explore.

The breakfast was nothing special at all, and since the apartments have such complete kitchens carrying in a bag of groceries (or ordering locally) is a great idea.

One complaint about the layout. The only way to the toilet or tub (or bathroom sink) was through the bedroom, which meant that anyone using the foldout couch (as we were since there was only one king bed and this was a family-sized unit) meant that using the bathroom at night woke up those in the bedroom. Not sure why this particular apartment was so configured; there was plenty of room for an entrance from the living area, as well as a doorway from the bedroom, which would have accommodated everyone. I am not sure if all units are the same, so ask if this would be the issue for you that it was for us.

We would stay again, but I would like to try to get a unit with a different bathroom layout if that exists. Valet parking although I am sure that there are nearby lots.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Ajijic, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I loved the friendly staff and great service. We had the two room kitchenette and it was like a small apartment. The view of Baltimore was lovely. Fells Point, Little Italy and the Inner Harbor/National Aquarium were all within walking distance and I even walked home from the Walker Museum one day. Whole Foods, CVS, and a dry cleaner were a block away so this location was perfect for us.

Room Tip: Suites facing So. President St. have great views.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Very nice rooms and close to everything. We were very comfortable and very well taken care of.We opted for valet parking and the people were very friendly and helpful. I would definatly stay again. I am planning a trip there next year to stay longer.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

We appreciate the feedback following your visit to Baltimore and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore? Share your experiences!