“Walking Distance to Baltimore Inner Harbor” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore

You added Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   625 South President Street, Baltimore, MD 21202 (Little Italy)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #8 of 59 Hotels in Baltimore
Tecumseh, Ontario
“Walking Distance to Baltimore Inner Harbor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Our family of five enjoyed staying at the Homewood Suites at the Baltimore Inner Harbor. It was located conveniently within walking distance to the Inner Harbor which was awesome. The staff at the front desk, the bell hop and the valet were friendly and helpful. The free breakfast was good and the staff taking care of that area were accommodating and very attentive. We have stayed at other Homewood Suites and we found the room at this one to be a bit small and cramped. Although our room was angled towards the harbor, you could not really see the water/boats due to other high buildings in the way. Overall our experience was good.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Syracuse, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

This was my first stay at the Homewood Suites in downtown Baltimore. The lobby is shared by the Hilton half the building it the Hilton the other half the Homewood Suites, make sure you approach the right desk. The free breakfast had plenty of the usual stuff to pick from scrambled eggs sausage and baked goods. The kitchen in the unit is useful if you bring your our own groceries there is no supermarket close by. The hotel is a deal for its prime location right at the inner harbor less than a block form little Italy. I definitely would recommend the Homewood Suites to my family and friends.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Stony Brook, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

We were recently at the hotel for over 2 weeks, while my spouse was receiving treatment at Johns Hopkins.

I used to live in Baltimore so I know the various areas of town and i have stayed at multiple hotels in the area since that time. Some of the other hotels were pricier and in higher end chains, but I'd not been very impressed. Other hotels near the Inner Harbor were medium range and comfortable but weren't very close to other amenities/shopping.

We chose this hotel from all of the others with Hopkins rates because:
It is in a safe area where we could feel comfortable walking, even in the evening
It is close to the hospital
It is close to the Inner Harbor, Fells Point, Little Italy and many excellent restaurants and carry out locations
There is a Whole Foods and 24 hour CVS about a block away
We wanted a suite hotel with frig and microwave since we were staying awhile and wouldn't be able to go out much

We were extremely glad that we chose the Homewood Suites!

Location:
In addition to being close to the hospital, restaurants, Whole Foods, and Inner Harbor, we appreciated the movie theatre right next door when we had a few anxious days to kill before my spouse's surgery.
City Sports and Under Armour stores within a block were great when we had to stay longer than anticipated and wanted to get additional socks, underwear and sweats
Having the 24 hour CVS in the next block was a blessing when we needed additional medical supplies and ginger ale at odd hours
Excellent wine store (with some liquor choices) next to Whole Foods
Free charm city circulator buses go right by the hotel making it easy to get to Hopkins (if you've already used your cab voucher for the day), Fells Point or the Inner Harbor.
Several rental car companies are within walking distance of the hotel -- we used one to return home at the end of our stay

Rooms:

These were of the general quality of furniture that one would expect at a medium range hotel
Layout of one bedroom suite was very nice, with reasonably sized living room/kitchen and king bedroom (a bit smaller than standard king sized hotel room) as well as sink area and bathroom -- space was sufficiently roomy that we never felt claustrophobic during our stay
Bathtub/shower was easy to get into, even for a regular room (important for those with some mobility issues)
Couch and chair were comfortable in living m area as was chair at desk
Not enough plugs next to the bed for all my iDevice chargers but this was easily fixed by getting and multiple plug outlet adapter at CVS for a few bucks
Kitchen included full frig, microwave, plates, glasses, silverware, dishwasher, cooking utensils, coffee maker and was nicely arranged

Gym -- though we didn't use it ourselves. We did wander over to take a look and it is VERY impressive
Free breakfast -- not like a luxury all-inclusive resort but some hot items as well as yogurt, cereal, breads, pastries, drinks
Free dinner on Mon to Thurs -- small selection of catering hall quality food with free beer and wine. We especially appreciated the cookies on several of the nights (and the cookies at the front desk in the evening) as well as the fact that they allowed me to take a carry out container back to our room so my spouse could have something to eat without walking downstairs while recovering from surgery
Cab vouchers to Hopkins. -- one per day (coming and going) included for free

Staff
Outstanding!!!!!
Front desk staff were extremely helpful and responsive. On one night I'd noted a leak under my sink but was heading out to the hospital and let them know that the maintenance staff could come any time as I would be up at Hopkins. They fixed the sink and left a nice card with a Starbucks gift certificate saying that they hoped things were going OK at the hospital and they were including the Starbucks card in case I needed a pick-me-up as well as to apologize for the inconvenience of the leaky sink.
On another occasion we had trouble with our TV movie reception and Mustafa was there within minutes to fix it. He was always friendly when I saw him on the elevator. The housekeepers were also responsive to our requests about the room (e.g., additional soap, coffee) and did a good job of keeping things clean.
All in all, we found the service and attentiveness of staff to be as good as that at many of the high end luxury resorts where we've stayed in the past. I can't think of anything that they could have done differently. They were that top notch.

Downsides
Parking rates are a bit steep. We flew down and rented a one way car to return which ended up being less money overall than driving and parking. But another family member came down for a few days and was amazed that parking was so high.

Bottom line: This hotel offers incredible service and value. It would be perfect for anyone receiving care at Hopkins or Bayview Medical Center (where can vouchers are also available). It would also be perfect for anyone visiting Baltimore with family or for more than a few days in the Fells Point/East Harbor/Inner Harbor area. We can't imagine staying anywhere else on our future trips to Baltimore!!!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I was attending a conference at the Marriott Waterfront across the street, but wanted to stay in a place with more space and loved the Homewood Suites. It shares the same lobby with the Hilton Garden Inn, one is to the right and the other to the left. I had a corner room, which was huge, had windows all around and I could see the city. The room had a mini-kitchen with a small refrigerator/freezer, microwave, 2 burner stovetop and dishwasher. The living space had a sleep sofa, nice chairs and tv. The bedroom had a comfortable king sized bed. The bathroom was pretty small, but was fine. The vanity sink area is outside of the bathroom. The things I loved about this place: it is within walking distance of tons of restaurants, there is a CVS and a whole foods on the block, a hearty breakfast buffet is included in the room price (and dinner if you are there Monday - Thursday), staff was super helpful and when my family came for the weekend to join me, they gave my kids art activities when they checked in, which they loved! There were also warm cookies at the front desk one day when I came back from my conference. I had one incident with finding dirty dishes in the cabinet, but the housekeeper was right there, took care of it immediately, apologized profusely, and then the housekeeping manager followed up with me about it. It was not a big deal at all and I was super impressed with how responsive the staff was. They clearly take much pride in maintaining a clean facility. This hotel is located a short walk from the aquarium, science center, harborplace, the gallery, and basically everything else at the inner harbor. They are doing renovations to the property now, but i did not notice any noise or construction while I was there.

Room Tip: Choose a corner room - panoramic view
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Morgantown, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Hotel serves free dinner with draft beer and free breakfast. You get access to a health club fitness center during your stay. This is much better than the connected Hilton garden inn. I stayed in a suite with 2 double beds and it had a separate room with a pull out couch and a kitchen. We first reserved a room on the HGI side of the building and decided to move to the larger suite for only $20 more per night.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Delens, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for taking time from your day to share your impression of the Homewood Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor. I am pleased you enjoyed your visit. The complimentary breakfast daily and the reception Monday - Thursday is definitely a fantastic Homewood Suites offering and I am happy it made a difference in your visit. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

My wife and I stayed there for 3 nights. The suite was large and clean and comfortable. The staff was courteous and helpful. The breakfast and was included but was mediocre. They also include a manager's reception in the evening with snacks and wine and it is mediocre too. The health club on 2nd floor is very nice and free for hotel guests. The parking expensive $32 per night for valet parking.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I'm usually quite happy with the Homewood Suites but I found this location to be somewhat special. All of the staff were warm, accommodating, friendly and helpful. They simply will not have you be unhappy. Kudos to the management!

Room Tip: Excellent sound-proofing. Even the rooms that face the street are quiet.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
What a fantastic way to start our day! Thank you for such lovely comments about the service you received and I look forward to sharing this during our team huddle. We strive to exceed our guests' expectations and are thrilled that you enjoyed your visit so much. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Homewood Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor for future stays!

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore? Share your experiences!