“Comfortable Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore

You added Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   625 South President Street, Baltimore, MD 21202 (Little Italy)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #9 of 59 Hotels in Baltimore
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Fairfax, Virginia
“Comfortable Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

My wife and I stayed there for 3 nights. The suite was large and clean and comfortable. The staff was courteous and helpful. The breakfast and was included but was mediocre. They also include a manager's reception in the evening with snacks and wine and it is mediocre too. The health club on 2nd floor is very nice and free for hotel guests. The parking expensive $32 per night for valet parking.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I'm usually quite happy with the Homewood Suites but I found this location to be somewhat special. All of the staff were warm, accommodating, friendly and helpful. They simply will not have you be unhappy. Kudos to the management!

Room Tip: Excellent sound-proofing. Even the rooms that face the street are quiet.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Delens, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
What a fantastic way to start our day! Thank you for such lovely comments about the service you received and I look forward to sharing this during our team huddle. We strive to exceed our guests' expectations and are thrilled that you enjoyed your visit so much. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Homewood Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor for future stays!
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

The best pet-friendly hotel I have ever stayed in. The pool, fitness center, and free breakfast (plus free dinner M-Th) were added bonuses! Staff was super friendly.....some of the nicest I've ever met. Hotel is very clean and well-kept.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
charleston, wv
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I have to visit Baltimore several times a year with a group going to Johns Hopkins. First, I will discuss location. It is the heart of the Inner Harbor located between Fells Point and Little Italy, so there is access to great restaurants. At each visit, our group has chosen to sample international cruise and have dined (walked) at a Tapas restaurant, Brazilian steak house, Seafood, Italian, Lebanese and Irish restaurants. There are numerous shops within a short safe walking distance. There is a Whole Foods grocery store a block from the hotel. Also, the Maryland Athlete Club is adjacent to the hotel with an entrance directly from the hotel but don’t forget your room key! Some rooms have a view of the Inner Harbor and if weather permits, we walk around the Harbor for exercising.
Safety is one of my main priorities when choosing a hotel if I had to visit this area of Baltimore alone I would feel extremely.
Cleanliness is another priority again, they exceeded my expectation. I have stayed at both the Hilton Garden Inn side and the Homewood Suites side. The Hilton Garden Inn side’s furnishings are more up-to-date and some of the Homewood Suites furniture is a little worn but I understand they are undergoing a renovation so this may not be an issue in the future.
Since we go as a group, we have chosen the Homewood Suites instead of the Hilton Garden Inn so 3 persons can share one room and we have a full kitchen-we usually stay a week. If you have business at Johns Hopkins University or Hospital be sure to ask for that rate, as it is much cheaper. Included in that rate is daily breakfast and a light supper Monday-Thursday be sure to get there early for dinner, as the food is limited. The JH rate also includes taxi fare one voucher per room to and from Hopkins.
In the beginning, our group stayed at different hotels near the Inner Harbor but not in the same area and has had some safety issues and eventually all are now staying at the Hilton facility.
I almost forgot the front desk staff they are very friendly and accommodating and any issue I have had they resolved it immediately and I have received both a phone call assuring the issue was taken care of and a note of apology. When traveling I always check Trip Advisor before choosing a hotel and I hope this has helped you,

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

It's my first time in Baltimore and the homewood suites is definitely the place to stay in. The location is perfect, almost directly on the water front at inner harbour. Within a 5 minute walk you have everything around wether restaurants grocery store or even a 24 hour convenient store. The suites size is perfect with all the amenities. The small kitchen comes in very handy especially for preparing breakfast. The staff there are very helpful and always with a smile. The valet parking is definitely a plus. Would recommend this place always and would definitely stay there again

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Baker, WV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

My wife is a patient at Johns Hopkins and requires a room that is extremely clean and very comfortable. Upon arriving, the professionalism of the front desk staff and doorman was wonderfully welcoming and ensured all of our needs would be met as we required going to Johns Hopkins the next day. All staff we encountered even the housekeeping staff showed genuine care and concern for my wife and were very encouraging to both of us. Even though our stay was "business," we actually had a date night right next door in Little Italy. The front desk staff gave my wife compliments and so encouraging to her even with wearing a mask (to protect her from germs). All staff understood our situation and demonstrated such compassion for us but, still always very professional. We highly recommend this Hilton property for business or pleasure or if you are a patient at Johns Hopkins. This fine Hotel is extremely clean, the rooms are spacious, comfortable sleeping beds, equipped with a mini-kitchenette, and the staff is wonderful. Thank you Homewood Suites for making our stay the most comfortable and thanks to the staff for always being there to lend a helping hand.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Delens, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for taking time from your day to share feedback following your visit to the Homewood Suites Baltimore. We very much appreciate your comments about the service you received and I look forward to sharing them during tomorrow's team huddle. It certainly is our goal to welcome our guests in a warm and compassionate manner and I am pleased that it assisted you and your wife during a difficult time. I hope we can welcome you back in the future, definitely for some fun in Baltimore!
East Coast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Good:
Front Desk friendly, got upgraded room due to Diamond, amenities provided, room location was nice and quiet. Door wouldn't close properly, maintenance fixed it before we returned later in the evening. Good location for clubbing.

Not so Good:
Breakfast was not good according to our friends traveling with us. Starbucks right next door helped, but we went to a local diner for better food. Couch downstairs in lobby near gas fireplace was nasty looking, like it just came out of a college fraternity house! Certainly not up to Hilton quality standards. You should replace it- that area would be much nicer to congregate in. Valet took longer than promised during a slow point in the late morning. Valet misplaced our friends car keys, further delaying them. For $32 fee, we expected more.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback from your visit to Baltimore. I am pleased you enjoyed yourself and will certainly share your comments with the team members. I am sorry for the experience with Valet and will review with the operator for their follow-up. My apologies for the lobby couch and thank you for letting me know so we can alter our deep cleaning rotation! I appreciate you letting us know as that absolutely is not our standard. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore? Share your experiences!